Excitement quelled

hammer93

Im going to remain a bit more optimistic, its a brand new team still gelling and the first game was on a shite plastic pitch that probably most of those players have never played a competitive match on before.

I remember us all taking the piss on here thinking ange would be gone by Christmas after their rebuild then they hit their stride and we had egg on our faces.

The SPL is a different league, you get no time on the ball as the hatchet men are chasing it down against us, its going to take a bit getting used to but im certain once they do we will be flying. I fully expected us to struggle yesterday, the unfortunate thing is we can't afford to struggle and get used to the way of the SPL. I think the players will be in for a big wake up call with the reaction to yesterday so they will either provide a big performance on Wednesday or shrink and struggle.

Im surprised no one has mentioned the lack of "Rangers" men in the squad we only really have Ryan Jack and Robby McCrorie now?

With the focus on central players and a signing two forwards for big outlay (three of you include Lammers) I thought we were heading for some variation of three at the back with Dessers & Danilo up front and Cantwell/Lammers as the ten, but it’s not even been experimented with yet so I doubt that’s happening.

2 minutes ago, Perth_Campsie_Ger said:

Im going to remain a bit more optimistic, its a brand new team still gelling and the first game was on a shite plastic pitch that probably most of those players have never played a competitive match on before.

I remember us all taking the piss on here thinking ange would be gone by Christmas after their rebuild then they hit their stride and we had egg on our faces.

The SPL is a different league, you get no time on the ball as the hatchet men are chasing it down against us, its going to take a bit getting used to but im certain once they do we will be flying. I fully expected us to struggle yesterday, the unfortunate thing is we can't afford to struggle and get used to the way of the SPL. I think the players will be in for a big wake up call with the reaction to yesterday so they will either provide a big performance on Wednesday or shrink and struggle.

Im surprised no one has mentioned the lack of "Rangers" men in the squad we only really have Ryan Jack and Robby McCrorie now?

Danilo, Dessers, and Lammers will have played on them in Holland.

Just now, BlueSuedeSambas said:

With the focus on central players and a signing two forwards for big outlay (three of you include Lammers) I thought we were heading for some variation of three at the back with Dessers & Danilo up front and Cantwell/Lammers as the ten, but it’s not even been experimented with yet so I doubt that’s happening.

At times yesterday in the second half it did look like three at the back with Lundstram playing on the right hand side a lot and not pushing into midfield when we had the ball.

I think the fact that so many people are confused as how we are playing and what we are trying to do is a very worrying sign.

4 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

I’ve slept with a woman (honest) but that doesn’t mean I’ve slept with Margot Robbie. Michelle McManus isn’t the same as Michelle Pfeiffer 😉

Yup shagging a fat minger is comparable to playing on a shite pitch  🫤 

3 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

At times yesterday in the second half it did look like three at the back with Lundstram playing on the right hand side a lot and not pushing into midfield when we had the ball.

I think the fact that so many people are confused as how we are playing and what we are trying to do is a very worrying sign.

I remember watching Hearts beat Celtic in the fat mans first league game and my thoughts were much the same, I hadn't a fucking earthly watching them what shape or formation he was looking to achieve, all I could see were 10 outfield players running about like headless chickens...once it came to fruition they had developed a style that Scottish football in the main couldn't compete with....we looked like a watered down version yesterday of his first game....let's hope that it eventually clicks for us before it is too late

2 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Yup shagging a fat minger is comparable to playing on a shite pitch  🫤 

Haha. You get my point, not all plastic pitches are created the same.

We were getting some joy with long balls played with spin to hold them up. I don’t know why we stopped that.

2 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

I remember watching Hearts beat Celtic in the fat mans first league game and my thoughts were much the same, I hadn't a fucking earthly watching them what shape or formation he was looking to achieve, all I could see were 10 outfield players running about like headless chickens...once it came to fruition they had developed a style that Scottish football in the main couldn't compete with....we looked like a watered down version yesterday of his first game....let's hope that it eventually clicks for us before it is too late

I hope so, but the difference is Beale has been here for two stints and we still don’t seem to have a style other than maybe rely on the fullbacks to put in crosses.

1 minute ago, BlueThunder said:

I hope so, but the difference is Beale has been here for two stints and we still don’t seem to have a style other than maybe rely on the fullbacks to put in crosses.

We hardly got a cross in yesterday other than corners, trying to intricate pass our way through 8 or 9 players is never happening especially on that surface....all I saw on sky sports news last night were goals from the leagues....the amount of goals I saw from simple balls in from the wide areas was frightening....it is worrying me slightly that even the full backs don't offer us that width very much these days either 

25 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

I feel a bit differently, I said to a mate of mine after the 1-0 game at Ibrox that it would be a tight title race (it didn't even turn out to be:ang:). We beat them with a few players missing due to COVID but you could see what the tactical plan was for them, move the ball directly and inverting full backs. It was just a question of whether they would be solid enough defensively for it to work. 

With us, it's just the same as any game against Killie for the last 5 years. No matter who the manager was.

2 minutes ago, AGM_72 said:

See I actually feel differently, I said to a mate of mine after the 1-0 game at Ibrox that it would be a tight title race (it didn't even turn out to be:ang:). We beat them with loads of players missing due to COVID but you could see what the tactical plan was for them, move the ball directly and inverting full backs. It was just a question of whether they would be solid enough defensively for it to work. 

With us, it's just the same as any game against Killie for the last 5 years. No matter who the manager was.

Load of shite 

1 minute ago, AGM_72 said:

See I actually feel differently, I said to a mate of mine after the 1-0 game at Ibrox that it would be a tight title race (it didn't even turn out to be:ang:). We beat them with loads of players missing due to COVID but you could see what the tactical plan was for them, move the ball directly and inverting full backs. It was just a question of whether they would be solid enough defensively for it to work. 

I was specifically talking about that first game mate where it was all over the place, I'm sure that cunt Ralston scored from the edge of the box....and I was thinking what the fuck is he doing so far in field....it was then the inverted full back talk came out....their next game I think they put 6 past Dundee it was then I thought maybe he has a plan afterall :lol: