Goldson

Gascoigne8

2 minutes ago, BouncyBluenose87 said:

Absolutely soul destroying to see so many in this thread stating he’s our best defender.

A guy who who hasn’t been able to defend cross balls for seasons now and is typically about 20 miles away from the biggest goal threats in our box.

He cost us the Europa League final because of his abysmal defending ffs.

Seems like a nice guy, but compared to some of the defenders we’ve had at the club over the years, Goldson isn’t even fit to lace their boots.

More mental gymnastics.

Pick him out for one instance in the final but conveniently forget the collosal performances he had and how pivotal he was in getting us there.

Say he has been shite for years but conveniently forget he is at the heart of a defense who broke a near 100 year record.

Tell me who is the best defender then. Please say Souttar.

1 minute ago, Jamesy1872 said:

Drop him and play who? 

Is he getting in your team for Sunday? If he didn’t play tonight would we have qualified? Defending is a problem but we’ve bigger problems that him. 

In all honesty and if you are not open to it then thats on you, i would play Souttar and Balogun. We need mobility and goldson is a fuckin doo. Couldnt keep hens out a close, pish. 

Hes our jessica fletcher. Been at the scene of 250 crimes and no cunt has fingered him for it. Even mccoist had to admit tonight he sold the jerseys at de jongs header. When ally throws you under the bus, its time up 

Yesterday i said Goldson looks stronger than ever. I thought he was colossal in the first leg. But tonight, he never won one header against De Jong, even in non threatening situations. It's fair to say he was ragdolled all night. Very disappointing. I didn't see that coming. 

3 minutes ago, Gascoigne8 said:

In all honesty and if you are not open to it then thats on you, i would play Souttar and Balogun. We need mobility and goldson is a fuckin doo. Couldnt keep hens out a close, pish. 

Hes our jessica fletcher. Been at the scene of 250 crimes and no cunt has fingered him for it. Even mccoist had to admit tonight he sold the jerseys at de jongs header. When ally throws you under the bus, its time up 

Balogun!?

Each to their own. Deary me 

Wild thread.

I like Souttar but he’s arguably at fault for 3 out of the first 4 goals, where’s his thread OP?

Caught under the first and should have attacked it, allowed his man to run off him for the second, and Veerman’s shot goes through his legs for the 4th.

1 minute ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Wild thread.

I like Souttar but he’s arguably at fault for 3 out of the first 4 goals, where’s his thread OP?

Caught under the first and should have attacked it, allowed his man to run off him for the second, and Veerman’s shot goes through his legs for the 4th.

To be fair mate, souttar didnt cover himself in glory, but there has been a constant in the defense for going on 4 years now and its goldson. He appears to be immune to any criticism and every one else appears to be at fault.  Hes supposed to be the rock the team is built on, and in my opinion, and it would be good to hear yours, hes a bombscare.

He's effe ambrose eithout the smile 

17 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

We still have 75 percent of the defence that Gerrard/Beale had 4 years ago.

We still concede the same goals.

It’s not a managerial or tactics issue, it’s patently obvious it’s the personnel. 

Its both, if we cant change the personnel then change the setup and try negate the weaknesses in our backline

We dont do either of the two

13 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

More mental gymnastics.

Pick him out for one instance in the final but conveniently forget the collosal performances he had and how pivotal he was in getting us there.

Say he has been shite for years but conveniently forget he is at the heart of a defense who broke a near 100 year record.

He is our best defender but only due to the fact that the rest are worse. He's had his fair share of howlers like the rest of them. Let's not kid on he's Baresi.

16 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

More mental gymnastics.

Not to be too picky but the leipzig goal at ibrox goldson lost his man, and the defence who broke the record had helander in it

Funnily enough the only consistent season he played and goldson was at his best

1 minute ago, Gascoigne8 said:

To be fair mate, souttar didnt cover himself in glory, but there has been a constant in the defense for going on 4 years now and its goldson. He appears to be immune to any criticism and every one else appears to be at fault.  Hes supposed to be the rock the team is built on, and in my opinion, and it would be good to hear yours, hes a bombscare.

He's effe ambrose eithout the smile 

Mental take mate.

Goldson wasn’t great tonight, made the mistake in the first half where De Jong robbed him and then the OG obviously but our main problems were in midfield. 

Totally knee jerk after a poor result - He’s had a mare tonight for the 5th but this playing out from the back against decent teams is a risky strategy

Butlands been great so far but he needs to get the ball up the pitch - McLaughlins been done a few times over the last few seasons aswell

4 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Not to be too picky but the leipzig goal at ibrox goldson lost his man, and the defence who broke the record had helander in it

Funnily enough the only consistent season he played and goldson was at his best

I remember the it. Sometimes you need to just sit back and think he's a £3/4m defender against some of the best forwards in Europe. I think it's a big factor that Goldson hasn't had a settled defensive partnership since helander.

He's our best defender but had a stinker.

Not just his goal, De Jong gave him the run around big time in the air, on the ground, even just staying close to him at set pieces.

On the set pieces, De Jong had the advantage of knowing where every one of them was going, that imo was from practice / signals / great deliveries, not just balls launched in.

Goldson will come back stronger for it on Sunday. Hope Souttar does too as he was also poor last night and involved in goals lost.

1 hour ago, plymouthranger said:

Sorry but that’s a pish excuse. If your our most experienced CB, you need to make decisions on the pitch.

They do all their organisation on the training pitch. That's the coaches role to decide. The players then follow the instructions set. They don't just decide what they fancy when they walk on the park,  especially at set pieces.

Still our best defender but he's starting to slow down a bit. 

Souttar's a big tit. Entirely irrational dislike of him, but he's murder. How many goals has he cost us this season already? Costs us a goal then does his shitey bougherra tribute act. Not skillful or fast enough for that, concentrate on not costing us goals first please. 

12 minutes ago, DiamondDan said:

They do all their organisation on the training pitch. That's the coaches role to decide. The players then follow the instructions set. They don't just decide what they fancy when they walk on the park,  especially at set pieces.

Well as vice captain, if you can see that their best player in the air, who has already punished us 2-3 times in the tie, is being marked by someone very weak in the air, you should make the decision to overrule the coaches plans. 

Would Terry Butcher/Richard Gough/Amoruso have passed the buck there because of the set piece coaches instructions, would they fuck. 

We ended up defending a set piece immediately after we’d scored to get back in the tie, with both of our best players in the air (CBs) miles away from an in swinging ball, with the oppositions best aerial threat getting a clear run onto it. That’s fucking criminal at amateur level, let alone in the CL