The Michael Beale Thread.

DavieMacRFC

5 minutes ago, ger4life_1872 said:

It absolutely was though there was no big tactical masterclass needed , matondo stay high and wide and terrorise them with the threat of pace in behind , cantwell go and stand on mcgregor and dictate the game from there instead we stood off 

Definitely not the easiest game to manage ever though - we definitely should’ve won but it’s not like it’s Sunday league in the park in front of dog walkers…

Just now, Blue72 said:

Definitely not the easiest game to manage ever though - we definitely should’ve won but it’s not like it’s Sunday league in the park in front of dog walkers…

Sunday league team would have better tactics than were on display from us yesterday, will never for the life of me understand how he has looked at the taigs makeshift defence and thought I know, we will sit off them and give Mcgregor as much space as he wants to dictate.

11 minutes ago, SuperAli said:

What’s the UB thoughts on this? 

I saw them having a scrap with people in the BF when fans started booing the players coming round. I assumed it was about the booing. Are they supportive of the manager?

It’s really them who we need to be vocal about it kinda like the Lyon ultras were with their team yesterday. 

It was about 3 guys shouting at each other and getting held back.  Papers and taigs on twitter going on like it was a running battle in the stand.  

1 minute ago, Bad Robot said:

I would have had Sima to also run at them but he shat it and played his golden boy. Fuck if even had dropped Roofe if it meant getting pace on at the other side. Cantwell was so far back, I thought he was a new defender. Cantwell also doesn’t get off Scot free as he’s a professional and should have been shutting down more.

I hate sima but if we had an alternative then yeah i would prefer it to be more balanced , and i know im in a tiny minority but i like dessers too , 

Agree about cantwell and the rest of the players tbh but they look confused/unhappy about what they are supposed to be doing , 1 player going to press at times while others drop back etc , think the idea of the shape/formation being adaptable and fluid sounds good but in reality its a bit of a disjointed mess and means we end up not really doing anything 100% 

1 minute ago, SkylineBlue said:

There was an elebaorate bam up a while ago where there was some mad story he had a motorbike accident. Just assumed folk would remember.

Was it not a paragliding accident? 

Or am I getting him and Neil Lennon mixed up again? 😜

7 minutes ago, Blue72 said:

Funnily enough sunday league hoof ball would be a better tactic than what we are serving up , atleast then players have simple instructions to follow 

8 minutes ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

Sunday league team would have better tactics than were on display from us yesterday, will never for the life of me understand how he has looked at the taigs makeshift defence and thought I know, we will sit off them and give Mcgregor as much space as he wants to dictate.

Don’t disagree by the way - we were shite, beale must go asap.  But that can be true whilst noting it’s still an old firm game so never gonna be easy.  I just didn’t expect the poor poor set up yesterday.

1 hour ago, Craiggybear said:

That's exactly what Beale did going by some of the fans videos online today 

That isn’t even the worst thing about the video. You still hear some applause at the end. Mind numbing

40 minutes ago, Iakona said:

I’ll be amazed if he gets the sack. I’d go straight out and buy euro millions ticket if he did.

The board will give him the international break and the following weeks to “turn it round”

Sadly by then it will too late as we will no doubt be once again embarrassed in Europe and further behind in the league. God help him if he gets punted out of the Viaplay too.

Just when you thought 2023’s biggest implosion was that titantic submersible.

We will inevitably lose the league cup to someone who sits in with a rigid defends and gets us on the break. 

Butland

Sterling Goldson Souttar Barisic

Raskin

Cifuentes              Cantwell

Roofe   Danilo   Lawrence

IMO, this is the best 11 players we have with a very strong bench. Play them for three games straight MB, or die on your sword. Stop changing the team every game. They have two weeks of training to get this sorted and up to speed.

6 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Butland

Sterling Goldson Souttar Barisic

Raskin

Cifuentes              Cantwell

Roofe   Danilo   Lawrence

IMO, this is the best 11 players we have with a very strong bench. Play them for three games straight MB, or die on your sword. Stop changing the team every game. They have two weeks of training to get this sorted and up to speed.

Raskin doesn’t have the game awareness or the discipline needed to play that role. Needs somebody in beside him.