The Michael Beale Thread.

DavieMacRFC

The 2 spl clubs that have the least identity on the park at this stage are us and Hivs.  Players look as confused as the punters as to what they're meant to be doing.

Hivs have acted and got rid of the joker they had in charge.

Rangers trundle on with Beale.

The argument for keeping Beale is a time one. Fans are fickle and there’s plenty of examples of managers given time who turn it around. Arteta probably being the latest high profile one. Arsenal were horrible in his first 30-40 games. (Winning only 1 in 3). Postecoglou had a poor start as well..

Against that the play style has been baffling and the old firm was a tactical disaster piece.

The signings have been really underwhelming  - the profile and ability. But don’t see how a new manager changes that bit.

I’d keep him for now and see how we develop domestically now he’s had a bit more time with the squad during this international break. 

1 minute ago, OrangeRab said:

The argument for keeping Beale is a time one. Fans are fickle and there’s plenty of examples of managers given time who turn it around. Arteta probably being the latest high profile one. Arsenal were horrible in his first 30-40 games. (Winning only 1 in 3). Postecoglou had a poor start as well..

Against that the play style has been baffling and the old firm was a tactical disaster piece.

The signings have been really underwhelming  - the profile and ability. But don’t see how a new manager changes that bit.

I’d keep him for now and see how we develop domestically now he’s had a bit more time with the squad during this international break. 

Spot on on all counts.

2 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

I’d keep him for now and see how we develop domestically now he’s had a bit more time with the squad during this international break

He hasn't really. Just back today with some still having time off. Whole week wasted.

16 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

The players had a week off  I think Beale did too.

17 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

Are you forgetting that Arteta won the cup within those 30-40 games? Beating City and Chelsea in doing so?

19 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

The problem here is you don’t have time. In other leagues you get time because it’s not just your rivals that win everything if you don’t.

Obviously it’s not ideal in any world that we’re not winning leagues but if Aberdeen or hearts were winning one then it wouldn’t be as bad in the sense it’s our greatest rivals sweeping up.

Klopp and Arteta get time because they weren’t expected to win the league immediately. If you become our new manager then you are.

46 minutes ago, shaka said:

Isn't this kind of thinking how we ended up with Beale in the first place because the assumption was anyone will be an upgrade on Gio....?!

It might be better for the board to take their time and get a good manager, rather than a "bog standard" manager.

Nah, Gio has strong points and you knew what he was trying to do (even if you disagreed with it). Unfortunately he’d completely lost the dressing room, and then a good proportion of the fans.

If we take our time, I fear the season will be over before we pull the trigger. Acting quickly doesn’t mean acting rashly. 

1 hour ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

See that’s where we strongly disagree and just think we should leave it at that.

The ‘not one positive’ isn’t the gotcha you think it is, I just can’t be arsed with the argument particularly given even if there are any your position is set - i.e. any ‘bog standard’ manager does a better job.

The other thing here is that I’m far from without reservations on him and his signings myself,and was vocal about being underwhelmed by all but Danilo from the outset. Sima being abysmal in particular I could see a mile off. 

But - I’ve leant towards stability and continuity at the present time rather than a knee jerk unplanned change particularly if it’s to a ‘bog standard manager’.

I’m not throwing insults, or playing ‘gotcha’, I’m just having a discussion. I’m happy enough to hear opposing points of view. If you aren’t and want to leave it then that’s fine.

I haven’t said I want a bog standard manager, only that I think a McInnes (for example) has stronger credentials than Beale and I’d expect would get more out of the players than he is. On that basis I’d bin him.

I’m struggling to see why you’d back him, but won’t actually say what you think is positive to warrant a backing. 

Folk talking about giving Beale time. He’s had 10 months FS and we are fucking going backwards at an alarming rate. I’d love to know where this optimism comes from as he’s failed at any challenge he’s had. Purely looking at this season, he admitted himself he had 3 short term goals. 1. Be top of the league - FAILED miserably 2. Get in the Champions League - FAILED miserably 3. Beat Morton and get in last 16 - losing after 60 minutes and scraped through. Guy is a fucking loser!

23 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Which Old Firm as he completely shat the bed in Semi Final last season and last week.

We had a full pre season to implement any ideas yet there’s no identity to his team, no cohesion and 4 league games in he’s resorted to throwing shite at the wall and hoping it sticks when it comes to starting line ups and tactics.

The pre season thing in particular was strange. I said it at the time that we should have lined up a few games against teams where we would likely have the possession and allow us to get the attacking players firing. It was poorly planned and executed.

2 minutes ago, AberfeldyBlue said:

The whole "Postecoglou had a poor start "  BS is just that

BULL SHIT

He lost his first game of the season and got beat off us not long after. Was 4 points behind and Fucked Europe too. 

Pretty much the same as us this season....

4 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

I’m not throwing insults, or playing ‘gotcha’, I’m just having a discussion. I’m happy enough to hear opposing points of view. If you aren’t and want to leave it then that’s fine.

I haven’t said I want a bog standard manager, only that I think a McInnes (for example) has stronger credentials than Beale and I’d expect would get more out of the players than he is. On that basis I’d bin him.

I’m struggling to see why you’d back him, but won’t actually say what you think is positive to warrant a backing. 

Regardless he ran up the tunnel after OF leaving the players to solely take the flak, he’s a coward and anyone who thinks he will grow a backbone and turn it round are deluded.

Just now, The Godfather said:

He lost his first game of the season and got beat off us not long after. Was 4 points behind and Fucked Europe too. 

True the difference is they seemed to have an identity and he only came in the Summer with plenty of new players. Beale bought 9 and starts 3.

2 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Guy turned up himself in on a plane, got given utter nonsense staff, was ridiculed left right and centre but right from the get go, there was a plan. Beale has been here since November and has shown absolutely nothing. The comparisons are clutching at straws at its finest