Cheap Managerial Choices

plymouthranger

8 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

His football is dug shit because of him or because of his clubs limitations? 

Weren’t Hibs 8th in the league when he came here too?

McInnes played good football for them at the start, but he reverted to shite a few seasons in.

Just now, G.E.C. said:

I don’t really feel comfortable having a drug dealer as our manager tbh.

Martindale won't be considered because of that which is very understandable, the baggage aside I'd rather him than Del if it was a choice, Martindale won't even be in the conversation though so it's a none starter.

12 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Well firstly improvements have to be better than what you took over, we are not better than gios performances, 

Beales had two windows and 15mill to spend, he's not improved us, why give him any more windows, 

Only Butland looks good…but how long do we give new signings to bed in, start making game winning contributions?

There aren’t many good signs, but we certainly write people off far too early.

59 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

People slaughtering the idea of mccinnes or Martindale, whos to say these guys dont do for us what mcleish managed, they know the scottish game, they maybe just need a bigger budget to improve themselves 

Martindale absolutely not too much baggage.

Im not a huge fan of McInnes but I’m half warming to the idea. 
What we need now is an actual experienced football manager. None of these project coach types. You don’t have time for a project at Rangers.

Also really important for me that they have a proven track record in bringing youth players through.

The only way we are going to develop as a club is by properly implementing the much talked about player trading model. The only real success we have had of that is selling Patterson and Bassey and they were only really given a chance because of necessity.

Developing our own players to sell on is as close to free money as we will get yet guys like Lowry, Rice, Lovelace, King and Yfeko are all deemed good enough to around the squad for preseason and then binned off once the season starts.

Lets be honest, the advantage we have in terms of level of player we have on our books a proper manager should be able to get us playing well enough that we should be in a position to be giving youth players some meaningful game time against lower level SPFL teams at home at the very least.

1 hour ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

People slaughtering the idea of mccinnes or Martindale, whos to say these guys dont do for us what mcleish managed, they know the scottish game, they maybe just need a bigger budget to improve themselves 

Jim is desperate for four defensive full backs, two of which are at right and left midfield and a big man wee man partnership up front.

23 minutes ago, ElBufalo20 said:

Martindale absolutely not too much baggage.

Im not a huge fan of McInnes but I’m half warming to the idea. 
What we need now is an actual experienced football manager. None of these project coach types. You don’t have time for a project at Rangers.

@Laudrupsleftfoot you taking that? :lol: :pipe:

6 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

McInnes shouts are fucking mental btw, but that’s about the calibre it will be if it’s an unplanned change at this point of the season.

Absolutely in be careful what you wish for territory.

Can’t really be any worse can it. 

1 hour ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Jim is desperate for four defensive full backs, two of which are at right and left midfield and a big man wee man partnership up front.

You're right 

Because the new fangled football ways have helped us be so successful recently havent they

2 hours ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Of course it can.

1 hour ago, The Godfather said:

With McInnes I'd say yes, easily.

Guys woeful

There’s not a chance it would be McInnes, no idea why this narrative is being peddled. Although I’d genuinely expect McInnes (or any half decent manager) to get more out this squad than Beale is at the moment.

9 games - 4 wins, 2 draws and 3 loses with ‘his players’ is fucking woeful for a Rangers manager. 

4 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

We dont need to spend a fortune on a manager ffs, fatty wouldn't have been expensive when he took the tarrier job 2 years ago, 

Is about finding someone who isn't a doughball

I’m positive the tarriers got lucky with fat boy. It could have been a disaster. Turns out he’s a decent manager. They only had Japanese football to go buy. They took a cheap as chips punt and they hit the jackpot 

2 hours ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

McInnes shouts are fucking mental btw, but that’s about the calibre it will be if it’s an unplanned change at this point of the season.

Absolutely in be careful what you wish for territory.

There’s a smell of desperation, panic and SHIIIITTTEEEEE