Cheap Managerial Choices

plymouthranger

35 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

There’s not a chance it would be McInnes, no idea why this narrative is being peddled. Although I’d genuinely expect McInnes (or any half decent manager) to get more out this squad than Beale is at the moment.

9 games - 4 wins, 2 draws and 3 loses with ‘his players’ is fucking woeful for a Rangers manager. 

A sacked Aberdeen manager will never be near us and if he is then we will be a second rate club for years to come. Guy a loser, never mind Beale he's one too.

8 minutes ago, Gazzalivesforever said:

I said it before Gio, I said it before Beale and I'll say it again Kjetil Knutsen is our man.

He's knocked back both Roma and Ajax supposedly so doubt we'd have much chance of appointing him. 

I'd prefer someone British or Dutch  

4 minutes ago, Gazzalivesforever said:

I said it before Gio, I said it before Beale and I'll say it again Kjetil Knutsen is our man.

Knocked back Ajax in July. 

Currently top of the Norwegian league with a settled team and about to start Europa Conference league campaign. 

He's no coming here. 

5 hours ago, The Godfather said:

This is it.

Doing a proper recruitment process is key however we know that's not happened in years with us.

Don’t even know the last time we basically went to market and seen what was the best available, even gio was lazy for them tbh 

We need to be winning the scottish league, which means beating the other scottish teams consistently. I think the cheapest way is to have a manager that is well experienced in our league - best chance to do most with the money we may have left for players. Too many bang average foreign journeymen in the squad - posted absent too often.  Other scottish managers out think us far too often - they make much more with what they have.  But i'm sure some medium name, inexperienced foreign coach with no track record of success will appear and we will go round the loop again.

5 hours ago, J-Maestro said:

Weren’t Hibs 8th in the league when he came here too?

McInnes played good football for them at the start, but he reverted to shite a few seasons in.

Always said McLeish was a great coach wi other guys players, Hivs record crowds, promoted then bought players went downhill.

Used Advocaats squad to its potential then downhill

5 hours ago, Amato said:

To be fair that would have been down to the decision of the man he would be replacing. He's only out on loan so a change of manager and he's potentially back in the picture again.

Saw a clip the other day .Hagi senior is expecting his son to be back at Rangers next season.So doesn’t look to be any ill will .

12 minutes ago, Juniorsparkie said:

Always said McLeish was a great coach wi other guys players, Hivs record crowds, promoted then bought players went downhill.

Used Advocaats squad to its potential then downhill

Eck signed most of the hibs players that got them up latapy sauzee etc, at us he was a little unlucky with the backing he got in the transfer market regarding funds but still signed some decent players 

7 hours ago, plymouthranger said:

or sometime in the next 3-4 months after we drift further behind in the league

It will be this guaranteed. We will wait until further points are dropped another league title is gone then we will act. I never thought I'd see the day where i actually admired Hibs. 

9 hours ago, Somemightsay7 said:

I think a lot of people seem to think replacing Gio with Beale was cheap.

Getting rid of Gio and his staff cost about £3.5m and bringing in Beale would have been another £2m+. He had just signed a 3 year contract.

What should we be spending to get a manager in? £5m? £10m?

This is on the board again though. They're the ones that have made another collosal fuck up and will, at some point, have to correct it. 

They'll need to find a way to finance it at some point and learn to stop employing chancing wankers like Beale.