Borna Barisic

Dan Deacon

On 02/05/2024 at 16:39, bluenoz said:

The shitebag talk about him always makes me laugh. I bet you wouldn't say that to his face in a dark alley :lol:

Whenever there is a scuffle, Barisic was always the first to get right in there.

Slack defending at times doesn't make him a shirebag.

He got humiliated and called a shite bag on the park by a scum player in an old firm game he is a shite bag ,boys got no heart and I’ll gladly call him a shitebag to his face , but fortunately I don’t hang about dark alleys like a wee gimp 😂

16 hours ago, NixonRFC said:

Borna is just another example of how poorly run we've been, but as fans I think we need to get realistic here too, guys like him, and Morelos, Kent, Goldson and Tav should be doing no more than 2/3 years here, come here, improve then move on for 3/4/5 times what you paid for them.

Now it's easy saying that now when some of those are gone and fans would gladly see the back of the others, but you don't make money off poor players, you need to strike while the iron's hot, and that means selling when they're playing well, that's when their value is at it's peak, and stops us and them from becoming stale.

That's why if Butlund goes in the summer I'll be gutted, but I'll understand it as long as the money is reinvested into the team, I don't want Butland to go, same as I didn't want Morelos to go in 2020, or Borna to go in 2021, or Kent to go after the Europa final, but these are the things that need to happen for a club like ours to generate the kind of money we need to continually reinvent the squad.

Absolutely 100%. 

We've been shocking in regards to keeping ahold of players for too long. I know it stings when you lose an asset or a fans favourite but in this game, you need to have a player trading model that allows you refresh and invest. There's no way this squad are as hungry as they were 4-5 years ago.

Our squad has been so stale now for 2/3 years with the same faces and letting Kent and Morelos run down their contracts was shockingly poor business. Could have easily got £25-30 million for the two of them at ther peak. Now their legacy has been tainted by how it ended and how poor they both were in their final year here.

44 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Thought Barisic did fine today on the whole.

Pray we see Ridvan start next weekend though.

He had to defend against Armstrong once and made a total cunt of it :lol: All in all he was fine but if you put him up against anyone decent he barely even puts up any kind of resistance nowadays 

14 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

He had to defend against Armstrong once and made a total cunt of it :lol: All in all he was fine but if you put him up against anyone decent he barely even puts up any kind of resistance nowadays 

You could've just liked my post mate 😂

59 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Thought Barisic did fine today on the whole.

Pray we see Ridvan start next weekend though.

It's an old firm. Ofcourse he is out. Ridvan will start.

18 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Vast majority of posters have said exactly the same thing, even having a sweepy on it. We know him too well.

Most can't see sense and make up things when it comes to Barisic.

In the last 5 seasons hes only been unavailable for 3 games vs that lot.

On two occasions he missed a few games through injury.

He only missed a third after failing a late fitness test.

Bar St Mirren hes played against the scum more times than any other side in Scottish football.

Must be scared of the rest as well eh?!