Borna Barisic

Dan Deacon

Always found it odd how we've had a regular Croatia international of many years who is generally unappreciated. You'd think he would be the type of player (on paper) we should be aiming at. The years of him standing yards off the opposition letting them cross the ball in have driven me mental. Always baffled me how he has been permitted to do so by several managers  Also weird the best game I remember him in was against us. He's had some decent moments for us undoubtedly but definitely needs moved on.

On 17/10/2023 at 19:30, KBOO72 said:

Still a shitebag, still a loser. 

If Clement is the type of manager I desperately hope he is, Barisic will be one of the first players out the door. 

Borna goes with my thanks and good wishes despite his form being not the best recently. It is going to be interesting to see just how many follow him out the door in the summer when Clement really gets down to work building a squad of his choosing. Just hope that the Club is in a position to back him properly, say with the guaranteed income from CL qualification perhaps?

26 minutes ago, Jakes Pal said:

Borna goes with my thanks and good wishes despite his form being not the best recently. It is going to be interesting to see just how many follow him out the door in the summer when Clement really gets down to work building a squad of his choosing. Just hope that the Club is in a position to back him properly, say with the guaranteed income from CL qualification perhaps?

I think we’ll see Borna, Jack, Roofe, McLaughlin, Balogun all released.

And we’ll be trying like fuck to shift Dessers, Lammers, Davies, Matondo, Dowell who take big wages and don’t contribute at the level required. 

20 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

And we’ll be trying like fuck to shift Dessers, Lammers, Davies, Matondo, Dowell who take big wages and don’t contribute at the level required. 

Genuinely forgot all about Dowell 

29 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Freeing up all of those pay packets would obviously be a huge help in getting in out of contract players in the likely event that Clement will not be able/allowed to throw money around like confetti during the summer. We have got to hope that Clement gets this (yet another) rebuild right and we can get a bit of stability for a couple of seasons, just needing to improve the quality here and there in future transfer windows instead of having to try and bring in an entire teams worth of players every season.

37 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Hagi still on the books as well.

27 minutes ago, Jakes Pal said:

This is the crucial point

The difference between CL and EL for us next season will be in excess of £25m. Win the league and we can hand PC £15m + anything generated and still comfortably satisfy the Financial Sustainability rules.

Freeing up the wages of

Borna

Roofe

McLaughlin

Sima

Silva

Balogun

Jack

Getting others out with fees and feeing up wages (easier said than done tbs)

Davies £1.5m

Raskin £3m

Hagi £3m

Lammers £2m

Dowell £1m

Matondo £2m

Dessers £2m

Cifuentes £2m

Wright £0.5m

That's a potential £18.5m. We won't get the lot but if we could get £12m and use £6.5m to secure Diomande (obligation) and Cortes (option) then we could have about £20m to sort out a first choice CB, LB, CM, CF and RW with ample wages to offer.

There's 16 players listed above and at least 10+ won't be here next season

We'll still have 

Butland (McCrorie)

Tav, Goldson, Souttar, Ridvan (King, Yfeko, Devine)

Lundstrum, Cantwell, Sterling, Lawrence, Diomande (Lowry, McAusland, Rice, McKinnon)

Danilo, Cortes (Lovelace)

The forward line needs a lot of attention

With EL money we'd need to be very creative

In PC we trust

17 hours ago, SPWF said:

Should’ve been sold years ago. One trick pony who’s one trick was only effective one in twenty attempts. Heart of a mouse as well. Literally ran away from that mob’s captain while he called him a shitebag and people still stood by him :lol:

Struggle to get my head round a Croatian international footballer whose Dad is a gangster being so easily, and constantly, feart.