Can we win league with this squad?

MacBoyd

2 hours ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Is it?

They are stronger than us right down the spine and they’ve got a core of players who have been the course multiple times over.

When fully fit maybe, but fuck me their centre halves last Sunday were worse than anything seen in an OF game for years now, 

And we let one of them be MotM :headwall:

6 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Can't see it with our defence, weak as a packet of quavers. 

For me, the defense is more a problem than the goals or the midfield. I do believe the goals will come. I like Borna, but the defence has won us nothing. It needs dismantling. I'm fine with Borna leaving.

18 minutes ago, TamCoopz said:

The defence is awful but going forward we have no clue how good our attack actually is because the manager seemingly has no clue what to do with them, despite them being his targets 😂

9k(5).thumb.jpg.1d40a18e9e39a45acf5eeb74415a74c5.jpg

That attacking plan in full.

2 hours ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Could do, in the same way Aberdeen could.

Its unlikely though.

I don think we have the right personnel to end up with more points than them across the city. Not enough quality options wide etc.

Come on to fuck.

Wild comment that.

1 minute ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Come on to fuck.

Wild comment that.

I dont mean the odds are the same.

I mean obviously any team can still win the league mathematically, but the likelihood isnt great.

We can win the league, so can Aberdeen, St Mirren, Motherwell etc. Our odds are better than them, but still outsiders by a long way.

We will most likely finish second. 

2 hours ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Is it?

They are stronger than us right down the spine and they’ve got a core of players who have been the course multiple times over.

I don’t think there is a significant gap in quality of player, no.

Carter Vickers and Kyogo are significantly better than what we have. 

As an aside, it looks like Rodgers really likes Turnbull and that’s a big drop off in quality for them from where they were if he’s going to play more than Hatate.

There goalie is terrible and we have the upper hand there. Our midfield is far superior,we just got the tactics wrong with McGregor. The cunt was laughing at us.

I think over the course of the season, Danilo will be the best player in the league. Why Beale doesn't play him is a mistery.

They have 2 players CVV (injured) and Kyogo and maybe O'Reilly. 

Staying positive for now...

I think with the right management, coaching and fair officiating, this squad has more than enough quality to win the league.  The biggest issue currently is the lack of team organisation and planning which makes us ineffective in defence and attack.  If we get a manager who can set up the team properly with players understanding the roles they have to play then we would win most games in the league, while I expect them to drop points more regularly under Rodgers than they have in recent seasons.

25 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

There goalie is terrible and we have the upper hand there. Our midfield is far superior,we just got the tactics wrong with McGregor. The cunt was laughing at us.

I think over the course of the season, Danilo will be the best player in the league. Why Beale doesn't play him is a mistery.

They have 2 players CVV (injured) and Kyogo and maybe O'Reilly. 

Staying positive for now...

They had “the tattle” injured too, or at least not fit to start.

Perhaps Danilo just looks bogging in training. That has to be the simplest excuse. It can’t just be that Beale feels we will drop points against physical teams if he doesn’t play Dessers to mix thing up.

Either Danilo is playing rubbish in training, not following instructions, whatever, or Beale just thinks Dessers is more suited to the thuggery of Scottish football and he wants to bring Danilo on when defences tire. Has fan media not asked him why Danilo doesn’t start?

I’m choosing to be positive too and hope we can get a few goals against St Johnstone to kick us on. I also hope the fragile players haven’t been broken by the fans reaction. Some players might raise their game based on the fury but let’s face it, it is more likely they will tense up during matches if they fear that kind of reaction. I just hope the filth have a couple of defeats/draws soon and their fans start to get in their backs too.

31 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

They had “the tattle” injured too, or at least not fit to start.

Perhaps Danilo just looks bogging in training. That has to be the simplest excuse. It can’t just be that Beale feels we will drop points against physical teams if he doesn’t play Dessers to mix thing up.

Either Danilo is playing rubbish in training, not following instructions, whatever, or Beale just thinks Dessers is more suited to the thuggery of Scottish football and he wants to bring Danilo on when defences tire. Has fan media not asked him why Danilo doesn’t start?

I’m choosing to be positive too and hope we can get a few goals against St Johnstone to kick us on. I also hope the fragile players haven’t been broken by the fans reaction. Some players might raise their game based on the fury but let’s face it, it is more likely they will tense up during matches if they fear that kind of reaction. I just hope the filth have a couple of defeats/draws soon and their fans start to get in their backs too.

He scored 14 goals I think for Feyenoord last year in limited games and a few in preseason for them. I know he has missed a couple in close range (so has Dessers and Lammers), but he has quick feet in close quarters and looks skillful to me. When you pay £6m for someone, you must play him.

Beale is getting it from all angles, but this is the biggest conundrum for me when it comes to Beale's decisions.

I honestly think we could. Let’s face it our closest rivals are shite as well. But I agree with every person here who says the players are not our main issue. Our main issue is Beale and his lack of tactics and shape. Even the players look like they are not sure where they should be half the time. We’re a shambles and that is not always the players fault

6 hours ago, bluenoz said:

He scored 14 goals I think for Feyenoord last year in limited games and a few in preseason for them. I know he has missed a couple in close range (so has Dessers and Lammers), but he has quick feet in close quarters and looks skillful to me. When you pay £6m for someone, you must play him.

Beale is getting it from all angles, but this is the biggest conundrum for me when it comes to Beale's decisions.

Dessers has scored 1 goal in open play and it came off his thigh. 

We have to play Danilo. It’s really that simple

We absolutely should have but with MB in charge with the current setup then it’s a resounding no

He has 2 weeks in this break to swallow his pride and come back with a new plan/setup/tactics

Starting with playing people in the natural positions - If the Wingbacks are to provide the width then they need to start higher up the pitch so they can influence the attack, possible need to go 3 at the back to accommodate this. Ditch the 2 holders - Need to try and incorporate Lawrence on the left as he’s the best option and make a choice from Dessers or Danilo through the middle

Hes dropped points or a LC exit away from the bullet so he needs to be under illusion it’s not working after 4 league games but the alarm bells were ringing in preseason