***** The Official St Johnstone v Rangers Match Thread *****

PromDeAnglais

We will show the utmost respect to St J (they are bottom of the league) because we are playing away from home, so expect one of Jack or Lundstram in the usual setup. If Jack plays tonight, it will be Lundstram. We shouldn't need either in a game like this.

Why buy attacking, flair players and play the same defensive setup for the last five years?

My team selection was written with a pinch of salt because, of course, Tav & Borna start, but it's a tired formation.

10 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

We will show the utmost respect to St J (they are bottom of the league) because we are playing away from home, so expect one of Jack or Lundstram in the usual setup. If Jack plays tonight, it will be Lundstram. We shouldn't need either in a game like this.

Why buy attacking, flair players and play the same defensive setup for the last five years?

My team selection was written with a pinch of salt because, of course, Tav & Borna start, but it's a tired formation.

It won't happen, but we should just go all out and attack from the start with Danilo and Roofe up front

36 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Ryan Jack is absolutely done. Struggles to run these days let alone contribute anything. 
Lundstrum almost as bad. Fucking awful that they are both still involved 

1 hour ago, butthole said:

Absolutely agree 100% but still think he is a better footballer than Matondo.

Neither are good enough for us. Their stats prove that.

Beale failed to buy a proper winger and we are playing Mantondo out of sheer desppiration. A poor man's Sakala. 

If Beale thinks Mantondo will save his job he might as well hitch a lift home on the England bus after tonight's game.

14 minutes ago, AberfeldyBlue said:

after 38 minutes after we dominate for 20 mins and then go into defensive mode and then a Tav error leads to a Saints goal..

Then he knocks one in at the back post and converts penalty or free kick for the victory.

Fuck it I’d go with:

Butland

Tav

King

Goldson

Yilmaz

Raskin

Rice

Cifuentes 

Cantwell

Roofe

Danilo

However no doubt we’ll see the same fucking shitebags in Souttar, Barisic, Jack, Lundstram, Lammers and Dessers.

4 minutes ago, superallysbears said:

Back to face the music now the international shite is over, fuck knows how we go forward from here on in.

Can see me watching his press conference on Friday and wanting to smash my telly up at the smug cunt.

It’s depressing how much of a chore it’s been watching Rangers for the past year and a half (over two years if you don’t count the run to Seville). Hard to believe that PSV away last year was the solitary bit of joy, in what has generally been a long period of utter misery.

Genuinely struggle to watch our games now (to the point where I seatsubbed all home games last season from February/March onwards), and have very little interest before or even during them. I know you always get these low points as a football supporter but fuck me, it never gets any easier to accept.

37 minutes ago, B1872 said:

Can see me watching his press conference on Friday and wanting to smash my telly up at the smug cunt.

I just can't see how anything positive can be achieved now, Beale's ego if it doesn't realise now will get the message on Saturday win lose or draw, wouldn't be surprised to see him reacting in someway either.

It’ll be torture to watch, we’ll be lucky if we scrape through and we’ll all still want him gone by the end regardless

Board could’ve turned the negative into a positive by getting rid of this idiot after the scum game. Instead we have to endure more of this shit knowing the next disaster is right around the corner 

Dreading playing Betis with him in charge 

4 hours ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Neither are good enough for us. Their stats prove that.

Beale failed to buy a proper winger and we are playing Mantondo out of sheer desppiration. A poor man's Sakala. 

If Beale thinks Mantondo will save his job he might as well hitch a lift home on the England bus after tonight's game.

dear fucking god just how far have we sunk

37 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

It’s depressing how much of a chore it’s been watching Rangers for the past year and a half (over two years if you don’t count the run to Seville). Hard to believe that PSV away last year was the solitary bit of joy, in what has generally been a long period of utter misery.

Genuinely struggle to watch our games now (to the point where I seatsubbed all home games last season from February/March onwards), and have very little interest before or even during them. I know you always get these low points as a football supporter but fuck me, it never gets any easier to accept.

Already considering subbing the Motherwell game and going into work all weekend if that clowns still here.