***** The Official St Johnstone v Rangers Match Thread *****

PromDeAnglais

6 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Already considering subbing the Motherwell game and going into work all weekend if that clowns still here. 

It’s got to the point where I don’t even know who we’re playing next domestically after St. Johnstone (genuinely had no idea we were playing Motherwell afterwards), because I just have no interest whatsoever.

What’s the point even looking beyond the weekend when we’ll likely struggle yet again?

3 hours ago, Bronzy said:

It’s got to the point where I don’t even know who we’re playing next domestically after St. Johnstone (genuinely had no idea we were playing Motherwell afterwards), because I just have no interest whatsoever.

What’s the point even looking beyond the weekend when we’ll likely struggle yet again?

The Kilmarnock game knocked the wind out of everybody, then the old firm was just the kick in the teeth. 

Like an old dug needing put down atm.

7 hours ago, Bronzy said:

It’s depressing how much of a chore it’s been watching Rangers for the past year and a half (over two years if you don’t count the run to Seville). Hard to believe that PSV away last year was the solitary bit of joy, in what has generally been a long period of utter misery.

Genuinely struggle to watch our games now (to the point where I seatsubbed all home games last season from February/March onwards), and have very little interest before or even during them. I know you always get these low points as a football supporter but fuck me, it never gets any easier to accept.

Yeah it’s pretty boring tbh. I find myself going because it’s what I’ve always done not because I can’t wait to see the team. 

I had more interest and enjoyment in the lower leagues  :lol: probably because of the novelty of going to grounds I’d never go but still, no excitement at all for any of our games

7 hours ago, Bronzy said:

If Motherwell beat us next week they can go 7 points clear of us. That’s the reality we are living in under Beale.

Beale must know that even scraping an unconvincing 1-0 will do absolutely fuck all to appease fans. If it's anything but a win with major signs of improvement I think fans will still voice their fury. 

Could go absolutely nuclear if we're still playing the same turgid long ball shite against relegation fodder.

1 minute ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Normally this feeling kicks in during the winter months when you have your big jacket looked out and it’s nearly dark at kick off time and we are well out a title race.

The fact he’s managed to give the support this feeling before the end of daylight savings is unreal.

And the fact, there's still it all to play for, we've got EL football (which a lot would have been okay with as long as we got a decent group) and he's still completely killed all the good feeling going forward. It's ridiculous that he's been allowed to get to this stage blowing a fortune and not even knowing how to use it. That's stuff you learn at teams where it's okay to lose every 3 games (like QPR btw). He's basically allowed to finish his apprenticeship here

3 hours ago, B1872 said:

If Motherwell beat us next week they can go 7 points clear of us. That’s the reality we are living in under Beale.

I want him out as much as anyone but that's reaching a fair bit to find a criticism.

I want to see our players coax the opposition to stick a foot in between our player and the ball, then when they do, demolish the back of their calf with a toe bash.

As the opposition player is stretchered off, pressure the ref to card them for obstruction.

That's the rule, right?

On 11/09/2023 at 18:08, Jamie0202 said:

We've been the same for years. Outwith Kent I'm struggling to think of a player who has made one of the wide forward positions their own. Most have either not been good enough or shoe-horned in to a wide position that isn't their natural position like Itten or Aribo. 

I wouldn't like to count the amount of players we've tried as a right sided attacker. 

We've not had a natural right sided player in that role since Candieas. 

But also the lack of a dominant C.B. who is good in the air has been costing us goals for far too long