*****The Official Rangers v Real Betis Match Thread*****

Jelavic18

1 minute ago, BlueThunder said:

I thought Cifuentes was pretty poor. Overhitting and underhitting passes galore. I just hope he needs to relax a bit. At the moment he is doing a Coulibaly - looks great at first then falls off.

He was careless in two possessions (one because of Sima fucking up). if people don't see the quality of Cifuentes, then I'm lost for words.

2 minutes ago, Vision said:

Matondos never a starter, a sub to bring on when tired legs

Problem is we spent all our money on 3 forwards when we already had Roofe (obviously issues with injuries have to be taken into account) leaving us with 4 players when we only play with 1 and hoping Matondo can turn into the player we see glimpses of and Sima can find his form coming in on loan.

Imagine what we could be if we had only signed one of Dessers / Danilo / Lammers, brought in a young backup forward and actually spent some money on quality wide players?

I actually think Beale was planning a formation with 2 up top one in behind and Borna and Tav providing the width and carried out the transfer business to suit, but has realised it wasn’t working and has reverted back to what he knows leaving us short out wide.

1 minute ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

People like you are just fucking itching to view everything extremely negatively.

No I'm just not blindly happy clapping.

You think at home that level of performance has been what we should expect?

It has been turgid and boring, barring a five minute spell, is that not the truth?

1 minute ago, Somemightsay7 said:

A 10th placed team that have conceded 9 goals in their last 2 away games?

Betis are not some fantastic team.

You're not using their doing at the nou camp as a reason why we should be pumping them

Barca would take double figures off us

3 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

Tbh as much as we’ve not been great, people are forgetting we had loads of European nights like this under Gerrard. 

1 goal might win this game, we’re still in it at the moment

we attacked under Gerrard not sat of and watched the opposition stroll about. its fucking dire. Beale does not trust these players, let them have a go and take the game to these teams. its too negative. this is all on Beale.  

Just now, sausagetrunks said:

Seriously, what is Beals plan?  we played a bit better the last 10.  the midfield started to drive and cause problems. our forward line is shocking. 

To spend 10m on forwards and be actually worse that last season in attack is unforgivable. A part of me is actually impressed that we have managed to do that though. Only we could do it right enough 

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

He was careless in two possessions (one because of Sima fucking up). if people don't see the quality of Cifuentes, then I'm lost for words.

He has qualities - but passing isn’t one of them tonight. He was the one player I thought but would tear it up here. I still have hope as he is barely in the doir but I don’t think he has been great so far.