Dessers

BigBearButt

3 hours ago, BlueAvenger said:

Spot on mate. It was fuckin criminal that we didn’t sign another striker in January. Just hope to fuck it doesn’t bite us. 

Our budget in January was just short of zero pounds. Who should we have signed? 

Just an observation. He does seem to lose track of the ball very easily as well as not having the best reflexes. A few times I've noticed when he goes into a headed challenge, he's completely unaware which way the ball should go....and never anticipates where it will end up. That's not a great quality.

5 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

Last thing we need is people getting on his back during the run in. Support him to the hilt and say goodbye in the summer.

He runs into the ground for the team even if he isn’t very good.

This is a myth that's grown arms and legs for me. He doesn't. He's not lazy but he it's just a positive people are desperate to find. 

2 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

He’s rotten.

With injuries our attacking options are really poor. A front line with the likes of Wright, Dessers and McCausland doesn’t win leagues.

Need some bodies back, particularly out wide. 

It probably does and hopefully will. 

We need to somehow find a way of playing after the break that involves Dessers sitting on the bench. He’s not a target man, he’s not physical, his link up is poor, his press is shite, he has no pace, he can’t finish, he can’t head the ball. The goals he’s scored other than 2 or 3 have been mis-hits, deflections or straight at the keeper who’s made a cunt of it. 9 times out of 10 against a half decent defence he is completely nullified as a threat and will be pocketed by Carter Vickers against them. No harm to the guy but he is clearly and undeniably miles from the standard required for this run-in. 

19 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

Last thing we need is people getting on his back during the run in. Support him to the hilt and say goodbye in the summer.

Last thing we need is a striker that misses countless big chances when we’re going for the title.

6 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Last thing we need is a striker that misses countless big chances when we’re going for the title.

Agreed but what’s the point in berating him when he’s realistically all we’ve got just now? People around me tonight were abusing him for the sake of it - even when he was doing the right thing or couldn’t be expected to do more.

Hows that supporting the team?

33 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

Agreed on the first part.

Haven't learned anything we didn't already know about the guy across the last 2 games.

2 hours ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

He's averaging a goal every 1.5 games domestically, which means if he plays the full 90 in every game from now till the scottish cup final finishes, he's targeting 7 more goals

A title run in and a potential treble and we're looking at our main striker only scoring 7 more goals in 11 games 

Thats absolutely honking 

Jimbo WTF you on about? 7 goals in 11 games is unreal. 

1 minute ago, Jamie0202 said:

Jimbo WTF you on about? 7 goals in 11 games is unreal. 

For our main striker, our only striker, playing the full 90mins, i disagree, especially when the stats say that he'll score them in 4 games and shoot blanks in the other 7 games

We dont have a lot of goals in the rest of the team, he is our focal point striker, most of the decent chances fall to him, he needs to score way more

1 minute ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

For our main striker, our only striker, playing the full 90mins, i disagree, especially when the stats say that he'll score them in 4 games and shoot blanks in the other 7 games

We dont have a lot of goals in the rest of the team, he is our focal point striker, most of the decent chances fall to him, he needs to score way more

Score in 7, shoot blanks in 4 surely? 

10 minutes ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

You're absolutely at it here now. 7 goals in 11 would be bad. :lol:

12 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

You're absolutely at it here now. 7 goals in 11 would be bad. :lol:

Remember thats 7 goals in 11 games providing he plays the full 90 every game (he barely does) and it also doesn't tell the full stats, as i said, they 7 goals will likely come in 4 games going by his record this season, so he'll fail to score in the other 7

And if we really want to look into him, his record against the current top 6 is 5 in 13 with 2 of them coming in the one game, so he scores one goal every 3 games against the top 6

Imagine our striker scoring 1 goal in the split, 2 at most, in a crucial title run in, 

He isn't good enough and hasnt been all season even against the dross no matter what anyone says

But as you said earlier, we havent anyone else, its fucking grim

5 minutes ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

Remember thats 7 goals in 11 games providing he plays the full 90 every game (he barely does) and it also doesn't tell the full stats, as i said, they 7 goals will likely come in 4 games going by his record this season, so he'll fail to score in the other 7

And if we really want to look into him, his record against the current top 6 is 5 in 13 with 2 of them coming in the one game, so he scores one goal every 3 games against the top 6

Imagine our striker scoring 1 goal in the split, 2 at most, in a crucial title run in, 

He isn't good enough and hasnt been all season even against the dross no matter what anyone says

But as you said earlier, we havent anyone else, its fucking grim

You mean like every striker? Can't imagine anyone complaining about Boyd or McCoist not spreading out their goals better. :lol:

He is shite, but fucking hell this is mental.

6 hours ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

Ffs if I was half cut it would mean reading this shite would be easier. 

4 players BEHIND him, forgot he has eyes on the back of his head. I agree laying the ball off would have been a better option, players act on instinct unfortunately and not all have the required hindsight we have. 

You stated you weren't blaming him but now saying he's partly to blame, make up your fucking mind. 

You've went from saying he was gash and your point was we shouldn't be criticising him after defeat to such a great team to actually defending him. And now it seems awareness isn't something he has to have in his play either 😂. His decision making again wrong, nothing to do with hindsight.

He's partly not solely to blame for the goal. Not said otherwise 

The concern isn’t Dundee or the likes. It’s the old firm, the impending battles at Hampden as we chase a treble. He just doesn’t have it in him to score with a half chance or even a single chance in a game and that’s what ultimately will cost us unless Lawrence, Diomande, Cantwell and Silva dig us out with 4-5 goals each in the run in. 

The bit where we broke and he just knocked it by their CB and got outpaced within 3 strides was so embarrassing. 

24 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

The concern isn’t Dundee or the likes. It’s the old firm, the impending battles at Hampden as we chase a treble. He just doesn’t have it in him to score with a half chance or even a single chance in a game and that’s what ultimately will cost us unless Lawrence, Diomande, Cantwell and Silva dig us out with 4-5 goals each in the run in. 

The bit where we broke and he just knocked it by their CB and got outpaced within 3 strides was so embarrassing. 

I’m concerned about Dundee!

1 minute ago, OrangeRab said:

I’m concerned about Dundee!

I'm concerned for all games. Not just by Dessers shite performances but the actual physical state of our squad. We looked absolutely dead on our feet at 60 minutes with nothing in the engine and the gaffer couldn't make subs as we are the walking wounded.

It's going to take an incredible effort by all involved including the medical staff to get over the line.