Dessers

BigBearButt

6 minutes ago, Broxi said:

Danilo looked far better than Dessers. Issues with finishing which I think would improve but miles better all round game and I would back him to finish chances better. And even if he wasn’t there’s only one of them we’ll be able to move on anyway. 

We need a new striker, and there’s no room for all 3. 

Also quoting Dessers as the best shot converter in the league means very little when he only ever actually shoots when he has a tap in 5 yards out. 

I mean that’s not true is it.

1 hour ago, J-Maestro said:

It could be but he’s not got the worst shots to goals ratio either.

The optimist would put that down to him being really good when he has his chances

The pessimist would say "its cause he fucks about ane barely gets a shot away" 

Worse when he's both in the same game

2 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Fans always say that even if someone’s not playing well as long as they are putting effort in we will back them.

It’s not really true of Dessers. Guy works his socks off every game and it feels like a significant amount of the support are constantly on his back.

Not the best finisher in the world but he’s contributed a hell of a lot this season and plays with a smile on his face and he’s got a good mentality.

Deserves a bit more support off the fans tbh.

This. Maybe not having the fans on his back would improve his outcomes in front of goal.

20+ goals in what has been a turbulent maiden season is a great return for a striker who doesn’t take the penalties and who’s missed some glaring opportunities. He’s just a frustrating player to watch, but he never hides and puts in a shift in every game.

1 minute ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

The optimist would put that down to him being really good when he has his chances

The pessimist would say "its cause he fucks about ane barely gets a shot away" 

Worse when he's both in the same game

There’s not many strikers I’ve seen for us get in to so many good positions and be on the end of chances.

Just a shame he always wants 20 touches, but even Danilo was the same. 

2 minutes ago, beararse said:

This. Maybe not having the fans on his back would improve his outcomes in front of goal.

20+ goals in what has been a turbulent maiden season is a great return for a striker who doesn’t take the penalties and who’s missed some glaring opportunities. He’s just a frustrating player to watch, but he never hides and puts in a shift in every game.

This isn’t just true of Dessers but 40,000 fans screaming shoot every time someone is in the box does my head in. 

A lot of the time a shot isn’t actually on and that’s why players are passing or trying to work an angle.

3 minutes ago, beararse said:

I don't think he gives a fuck about the fans being on his back. He keeps doing what he's always done and keeps putting himself in the position to do it.

Just now, Roy Hobbs said:

I don't think he gives a fuck about the fans being on his back. He keeps doing what he's always done and keeps putting himself in the position to do it.

Which is a great mentality to have. You absolutely need to have that ability to block out the crowd at Ibrox.

15 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Fans always say that even if someone’s not playing well as long as they are putting effort in we will back them.

It’s not really true of Dessers. Guy works his socks off every game and it feels like a significant amount of the support are constantly on his back.

Not the best finisher in the world but he’s contributed a hell of a lot this season and plays with a smile on his face and he’s got a good mentality.

Deserves a bit more support off the fans tbh.

I can see he puts effort in and I’m at a stage I think he’d be alright as a 3rd choice option but I would prefer if we just sold him and moved on. 

I just have never understood people saying he’s a really likeable character, it’s been getting said since the start of the season by some when the numbers weren’t even there 

14 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

There’s not many strikers I’ve seen for us get in to so many good positions and be on the end of chances.

Just a shame he always wants 20 touches, but even Danilo was the same. 

I said about 50 pages ago that he'd get 7 goals in the last 11 games of the season and it wouldn't be enough, he'd miss chances that cost us (like county) and we'd struggle in the split 

Not all on him, tbh he's not been the worst since the benfica loss, our defensive side has been absolutely chronic, but chances like the county one will be remembered just as much as a reason why the season fell away title wise

48 minutes ago, Roy Hobbs said:

Indeed, his mentality is good and he maintains belief in himself, one of the things I like about him, it's a shame Lammers didn't have that unwavering self-confidence, I think there's a player in there, but his confidence fell to pieces as soon as the fans got on his back.  

11 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

You'd have to have a heart of stone to not like him.

I don't like him at all, utter pish and I can't wait to see the back of him, stupid smile after a bad miss makes me fuming as well, just want him gone. 

2 hours ago, Roy Hobbs said:

Perhaps. I’d imagine the collective groans of 45,000 week in week out would effect you, even if it’s just subconsciously.

But he’s clearly resilient/oblivious/deluded. Regardless of what it is he keeps on going, and its a trait that should hopefully stand him in good stead for next season (there will 45,000 on here groaning at that prospect no doubt 🤣)

2 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

I can see he puts effort in and I’m at a stage I think he’d be alright as a 3rd choice option but I would prefer if we just sold him and moved on. 

I just have never understood people saying he’s a really likeable character, it’s been getting said since the start of the season by some when the numbers weren’t even there 

Probably because he’s a nice fella who also gets what it means to play for Rangers.

No cryptic media posts seeking attention or woe is me attitude. 

Just gets on with it, and seems to takes the criticism in his stride.  

He’s quoted saying “When it’s not going well, it’s one of the hardest clubs in the world to play for. But when it’s going well it’s probably one of the most beautiful clubs in the world.”

That’s why he’s liked, despite his perceived limitations as a striker.

12 hours ago, HG5 said:

Beaten Morelos’s league total from 5 out of 6 seasons, 2 goals away from matching Morelos’s best.

Beaten Morelos’s total goals for 4 out of 6 seasons (unlikely to improve on that this term).

By fuck, we’re a tough crowd…

And had play not been pulled back for Lawrence’s foul on Iwata 80 yards away from goal, Dessers would have scored 2 goals v celtic in 4 games this season.

It took Morelos 13 games to score 1.

4 minutes ago, beararse said:

And had play not been pulled back for Lawrence’s foul on Iwata 80 yards away from goal, Dessers would have scored 2 goals v celtic in 4 games this season.

It took Morelos 13 games to score 1.

If n buts

I've softened my stance on him tbh and would have no issue with him fighting for a jersey with us having signed an expected starter CF this summer.  New guy, Danilo, Dessers and ideally a top young Scottish prospect 4th choice.

I could buy into him more if he improved his decision making - which typically is about him not being instinctive enough - but I don't know if he's too old to change now.

Bigger issues than him still under contract I'd want to see resolved this summer.

54 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I've softened my stance on him tbh and would have no issue with him fighting for a jersey with us having signed an expected starter CF this summer.  New guy, Danilo, Dessers and ideally a top young Scottish prospect 4th choice.

I could buy into him more if he improved his decision making - which typically is about him not being instinctive enough - but I don't know if he's too old to change now.

Bigger issues than him still under contract I'd want to see resolved this summer.

Absolutely cannot see us having 10mill+.of talent fighting out with someone else for a single slot in the team along with a young top Scottish boy not getting anywhere near the team

Love the effort he put into it, seems like a nice lad and everything but I can't see him being our number 1 striker long term. He is slow and not very comfortable with his body, his stats are good but hiding too much in my opinion.

If we can't get a decent fee for him this summer I'd keep him to rotate with Danilo if the Brazilian plays good.