Dessers

BigBearButt

1 hour ago, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

Dessers has been nowhere near out worst player this year. Quite to the contrary tbh. 

We relied on him far too much  due to injuries. Our singular choice at times

I would blame us losing the title on our chronic defending when under pressure though.

Again.

:unsure:

6 hours ago, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

Dessers has been nowhere near out worst player this year. Quite to the contrary tbh. 

More and more folk have come round to him, and are appreciating his contribution to the team. However, if he scores the winner next week, some will still post - ‘he’s still shite, but’.

8 hours ago, left winger said:

If social media existed when Ally joined us, the grief he would have got would have been no worse than what Dessers has got. He'd have been slaughtered week in, week out on social media and forums such as this.

Ally was young, Dessers is literally in his peak years

Besides, the posters point was a prime Ally wouldn’t have scored more this season than Dessers, which is nonsense 

8 hours ago, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

I think our team looks far better with a Sima on one wing and a Cortes on the other. With a decent fucking striker like Miovski. 

Then we just need a better defence and midfield. 

Sterling should be RB if Tav goes ( if not Midfield) . Diomande stays but has to be better. Cantwell should stay and cut out the twitter shite. Then get two other good midfielders. 

Two good Centre backs also. Ffs! 

Agree totally. Need pace at Centre half so then you can play a bit of a higher line against all teams. Look at the last while against them lot Sterling played as last man because of his pace and had the number on that wee jap who in all fairness gives Tav a torrid time whenever he plays against him. Another 2 or 3 Sterlings would be a start👍👍

12 hours ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

We relied on him far too much  due to injuries. Our singular choice at times

I would blame us losing the title on our chronic defending when under pressure though.

Again.

:unsure:

And the goals conceded in the last 10 games would back you up on that. 

Today just sums him up.

He is what he is.

Sometimes looks like a £4m striker, sometimes looks like a £400k striker, often looks like a free transfer journeyman.

His stats don't match what my eyes see. On paper he looks like somebody worthy of being Rangers main striker.

Initially, I thought McCausland's pass was behind him, but it really wasn't. He has to bury that and gets paid to do so. It happens too often despite him scoring a few nice goals along the way.

3 minutes ago, RealWorldRich said:

When he went off we had no out ball.  The big man doesn't get enough credit for how often he gets on the end of our defenders smashing it clear in a panic. He often makes it stick or wins a free kick.  When he went off we couldn't get out our own third.

Silva scored from the middle of the box after Dessers went off. Silva is a CF, not a winger.

4 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Initially, I thought McCausland's pass was behind him, but it really wasn't. He has to bury that and gets paid to do so. It happens too often despite him scoring a few nice goals along the way.

It was behind him, not hugely... but the pass did leave a lot for him to do, it was played at pace on his right foot which is the side the keeper was on. If that ball is played in front of him then it would've taken the keeper out completely.  

7 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Silva scored from the middle of the box after Dessers went off. Silva is a CF, not a winger.

I think he lacks physicality to be CF, he couldn't do much of the stuff Dessers does when the play is deeper.  Silva was very sharp for his goal but he's done ok when played on the wing. The last 2 OFs he's got the better of Johnson and i suspect he'll have that same battle next week.

3 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

Silva has missed plenty of sitters and was anonymous his other times up front.

Granted, hasn't played well as a striker, but the sample size is small. I prefer him inside.

59 minutes ago, RealWorldRich said:

When he went off we had no out ball.  The big man doesn't get enough credit for how often he gets on the end of our defenders smashing it clear in a panic. He often makes it stick or wins a free kick.  When he went off we couldn't get out our own third.

Sima was the outball.  We created plenty when Dessers went off. 

6 minutes ago, Boybluesy said:

Sima was the outball.  We created plenty when Dessers went off. 

We couldn't get out, at 3-2 it almost felt inevitable they would score again, and they nearly did about a minute before they actually equalised.

2 hours ago, MVRanger said:

This unique statistic may not be un-related to Mr. Dessers...

Screenshot_20240519-221350_X.jpg

Clements fault TBH.

I had this bet on and Clement subbed Dessers for Roofe in the 2nd half when he was on a hat trick. The big man wouldn't have let me down. 

Screenshot_20240520_003419_Ladbrokes.thumb.jpg.183bd15bd627d28c12d58849494f6d95.jpg