Dessers

BigBearButt

10 hours ago, beararse said:

So….We ended up 8 points behind in the league yet we ‘probably’ lost the league because Dessers didn’t score v Ross County when we had circa 50 mins left to play?

Pish.

(Edit: I know you don’t specially mention Dessers being responsible for losing the league in your post  but I presume that’s what you are inferring/annoyed by, unless you’re just unhappy we only beat Hearts by 17 points instead of 22)

If he had scored that chance it might have led to a win, equally there is every chance it would only have been a draw as that Rangers team was more than capable of blowing a 2 goal lead at Dingwall.

Dessers could have scored 4 v County and the same again against Dundee in the following game and we’d still have lost the league because we had a defence that leaked goals, a crippiling injury list, an unfit team who ran out of energy in the run in and a group of senior players who have proved to bottle it domestically in the vast majority of opportunities that came their way.

Dessers has his clear faults but he is not single handed responsible for us not winning the league. In fact, he is one of the least responsible out of last season’s starting 11.

His head never went down and he kept on trying his best (which perhaps isn’t good enough) whereas everyone else’s arse collapsed.

Constant defensive blunders, the reliance of flying wingbacks who can no longer fly, an immobile central midfield, and only one decent winger (who got injured). Oh and no money to invest in the January window when/where it was most required to help with the title push.

But aye, it’s all down to Dessers.

Nobody is laying all the blame on Dessers mate. Just 95%. 

Just now, Prso's headband said:

Running his mouth about winning the league, same as last season. 

Just fuck up and do it for a change. What is this stupid culture we seem to have at the club where almost every player gives out soundbites about being better than celtic or winning trophies etc yet they never seem to actually do it

Whats his exact quotes mate?

13 minutes ago, left winger said:

Special kind of stupid keeping someone with 30 goal contributions last season? I'm not sure you know how football works.

How many times did the big turnip blow glaring chances to win us points? He's a liability on the park. Can't stand him.

15 minutes ago, left winger said:

Special kind of stupid keeping someone with 30 goal contributions last season? I'm not sure you know how football works.

30 plus goals and winning fuck all means nothing to anybody connected to the club

34 minutes ago, JackAlex93 said:

How many times did the big turnip blow glaring chances to win us points? He's a liability on the park. Can't stand him.

That's it in a nutshell. 

I don't think anyone has ever said he's great. I think everyone wants better, but if he goes it's still a hole to fill - a  22 goal hole, and that's with loads of folk wanting Tav gone and another 24, and Sima - 16. 

1 minute ago, left winger said:

Fair point - I was gutted when we lost the League Cup Final to Aberdeen. FFS.

See to be honest, winning the league cup means very little to me if it's not part of a double alongside the league. 

21 minutes ago, left winger said:

That's it in a nutshell. 

I don't think anyone has ever said he's great. I think everyone wants better, but if he goes it's still a hole to fill - a  22 goal hole, and that's with loads of folk wanting Tav gone and another 24, and Sima - 16. 

Dessers should have scored many more than that last season. He was a major factor in us fluffing the title when we finally got infront.

Taverniers numbers are impressive but the guy is still a loser and that has spread through the squad from him like a cancer. We need a full reset in terms of mentality at the club and if that means binning Dessers and Tavernier then so be it

11 hours ago, JackAlex93 said:

Dessers should have scored many more than that last season. He was a major factor in us fluffing the title when we finally got infront.

Taverniers numbers are impressive but the guy is still a loser and that has spread through the squad from him like a cancer. We need a full reset in terms of mentality at the club and if that means binning Dessers and Tavernier then so be it

Yes, he was a factor in us fucking up the league. But not to the degree some - such as you - make out. His goal tally reached the level of okay, imo. Our midfielder goal tally reached the level of absolutely fucking dreadful and was more relevant over the course of the season, again imo. 

12 minutes ago, left winger said:

Yes, he was a factor in us fucking up the league. But not to the degree some - such as you - make out. His goal tally reached the level of okay, imo. Our midfielder goal tally reached the level of absolutely fucking dreadful and was more relevant over the course of the season, ago imo.

His job is to put the ball in the net and when he often missed sitters at pivotal moments in matches then I'd say that's a huge factor in not winning the league.

Ross County away sticks out like a sore thumb. 2 absolute sitters missed by that donkey

Speaks well to be fair. Comes across as a team player.

Cyriel Dessers insists he’s going NOWHERE as Rangers striker watches team mates come and go during Ibrox summer rebuild

SOME of his team-mates are already long gone — others are on their way out.

Hitman Cyriel Dessers knows speculation is rife over his own future at Rangers, with every outfield player available for transfer.

But last night the big striker insisted he’s going NOWHERE.

Gers gaffer Philippe Clement has certainly made it clear that no one’s position is safe, apart from keeper Jack Butland.

Dessers, 29, who hit a double in the Ibrox side’s roller-coaster 4-4 draw with Union Berlin, said: “Every summer is a big one at this club. That’s not a real surprise.

“I’m happy at Rangers. I said when I signed I was hoping to stay for a couple of years and to win some trophies.

“I’ve won one, but now I want the biggest one of all and that’s the league.

“For me, there’s been a lot of writing and talking.

“Sometimes I come into training and it’s like, ‘Oh, you’re still here!’.

“I don’t really have a lot of ideas about what is happening, but I don’t read too many of these things.

“When they call me, it will probably be serious — but I haven’t had that call.

“My fiancee and I are at home in Glasgow, we feel good about everything.

“We’re happy to be here and hopefully I can be here for some years to come, and help the team to win some trophies.”

Last season Dessers scored 23 times, and it was the lack of goals from other areas that let the team down.

The striker can at least point to his tally and argue that he fulfilled his end of the bargain.

And yet, there is also no doubt that some of his overall performances were nowhere near what is expected from a Rangers No 9.

His link-up play is too often ugly and untidy which has had the Gers support up in arms.

But Dessers is determined to keep his focus and added: “It’s been a nice feeling to do a full pre-season.

“Last year I came in with an injury and I could only train fully the week before the league started.

“The season before I played in the Conference League final, and then had the national team, so I came in late to pre-season with Cremonese as well.

“It’s been really good to have a good build-up to the training. I feel fit and I’m all ready for next week’s opener, definitely.”

Having Danilo back from injury is a massive boost for Gers.

He went through an injury-plagued first season at Ibrox, but is carefully being bled back into the team.

Dessers said: “Dani is a quality player, so it can only be good he’s back. Hopefully he can be fully fit again soon.

“Like last season, it’s not only the guys who are starting or coming in. Either it’s me or him.

“Everybody is going to be important, especially in this league where sometimes for 70 minutes you have to bang against the wall of five defenders.

“Then maybe we can bring somebody fresh in and he can be the difference.

“If that’s the case, I’m totally fine with that.

“I just want to win games. That’s the only thing that counts for me — and for everybody at this club.

“I can only be happy with that.”

1 hour ago, JackAlex93 said:

His job is to put the ball in the net and when he often missed sitters at pivotal moments in matches then I'd say that's a huge factor in not winning the league.

Ross County away sticks out like a sore thumb. 2 absolute sitters missed by that donkey

No more huge than our midfield's number of goals. Cantwell 8 shite, Lawrence 3 shite, Lundstram 2 shite, Raskin 1 shite, Dowell 2 shite, Lammers 2 shite,  Jack 2 shite. Added up = less than Dessers. It's not just the forwards job to score goals. Those cunts across the city had one midfielder who scored nearly as many as our entire midfield, and didn't have one player who scored more than Dessers. 

2 minutes ago, left winger said:

No more huge than our midfield's number of goals. Cantwell 8 shite, Lawrence 3 shite, Lundstram 2 shite, Raskin 1 shite, Dowell 2 shite, Lammers 2 shite,  Jack 2 shite. Added up = less than Dessers. It's not just the forwards job to score goals. Those cunts across the city had one midfielder who scored nearly as many as our entire midfield, and didn't have one player who scored more than Dessers. 

A good post from you. 👍

5 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Cyriel Dessers insists he’s going NOWHERE as Rangers striker watches team mates come and go during Ibrox summer rebuild

Hitman Cyriel Dessers knows speculation is rife over his own future at Rangers, with every outfield player available for transfer.

Gers gaffer Philippe Clement has certainly made it clear that no one’s position is safe, apart from keeper Jack Butland.

Dessers, 29, who hit a double in the Ibrox side’s roller-coaster 4-4 draw with Union Berlin, said: “Every summer is a big one at this club. That’s not a real surprise.

“I’m happy at Rangers. I said when I signed I was hoping to stay for a couple of years and to win some trophies.

“I don’t really have a lot of ideas about what is happening, but I don’t read too many of these things.

“We’re happy to be here and hopefully I can be here for some years to come, and help the team to win some trophies.”

Last season Dessers scored 23 times, and it was the lack of goals from other areas that let the team down.

The striker can at least point to his tally and argue that he fulfilled his end of the bargain.

And yet, there is also no doubt that some of his overall performances were nowhere near what is expected from a Rangers No 9.

His link-up play is too often ugly and untidy which has had the Gers support up in arms.

But Dessers is determined to keep his focus and added: “It’s been a nice feeling to do a full pre-season.

“Last year I came in with an injury and I could only train fully the week before the league started.

“The season before I played in the Conference League final, and then had the national team, so I came in late to pre-season with Cremonese as well.

“It’s been really good to have a good build-up to the training. I feel fit and I’m all ready for next week’s opener, definitely.”

He went through an injury-plagued first season at Ibrox, but is carefully being bled back into the team.

Dessers said: “Dani is a quality player, so it can only be good he’s back. Hopefully he can be fully fit again soon.

“Like last season, it’s not only the guys who are starting or coming in. Either it’s me or him.

“Everybody is going to be important, especially in this league where sometimes for 70 minutes you have to bang against the wall of five defenders.

“I just want to win games. That’s the only thing that counts for me — and for everybody at this club.

He was hoping "to stay for a couple of years". Weird thing to say surely.

5 minutes ago, left winger said:

I'd agree that our record of goals from midfield players isn't good enough definitely

8 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Now? Have you not read the forum since the start of the season?

i was kidding, you'd see from my post history how much dessers frustrates me big time, missing open goals, missing sitters, shit at shooting but then you see him pull off those ronaldo like goals and you think, why in the fuck can't he do this all the time.

i've always been a great believer that dessers would play well alongside another striker but unfortunately we don't have that choice.

Genuinely can't get my head round how we scouted this donkey, pursued him for months then decided he would be a good addition.

Think most of the fans had their doubts before he signed due to his poor goalscoring record & appeared to be a player on the decline. 

11 hours ago, bluenoz said:

He’s clearly a good guy and if the entire side had his attitude, we’d be in a better place. 

Doesn’t hide even when he’s having an absolute shocker (hence why he keeps getting goalscoring chances), it’s just a shame de Boer was right when he said Dessers is either a 2-3 out of 10 or an 8-9. 

I’d still move him on if we can recoup our money, as we can’t have high earners in their 30s whose transfer value dwindles. But if we can’t, keep him and we know he’ll deliver 20+ goals and won’t be a headache in terms of attitude.