Dessers

BigBearButt

3 hours ago, Jamie0202 said:

Right now he's our best player by a country mile despite his many flaws. It genuinely isn't even close. 

Don’t back down, double down. 😂

6 minutes ago, left winger said:

Simply not true. Selling Dessers and getting a better cf in would delight you more, selling Dessers and getting another cf in at exactly the same level would delight you more, you would probably even take him being sold and another cf coming in who is slightly worse. You’re not the only one on here, but seeing another goal scored by him getting the response - he’s still shite, just shows how folk handling being proven wrong on social media can be quite embarrassing for them.

That's strange because I don't feel embarrassed or proved wrong, saying I want someone who is worse, you are just making stuff up now, this is the only media platform I have, wtf are you on about?

I went to look up some stats to prove my view that he misses way to many changes, instead came across this:

image.thumb.png.2a67bc33975cbe8bb3c78ad62edda2ae.png

His xG last season was 17 goals and he scored 16. Not what I was expecting to find at all. Also his stats are right up there.

Is the problem the lack of clear chances created for him by others and therefore when he fashions his own chances and misses we get on his case? Hmm, one to ponder.

https://footystats.org/players/belgium/cyriel-dessers

image.thumb.png.0751bf0bb04efbef023a792ce2dcbb3e.png

1 minute ago, theiconicman said:

I went to look up some stats to prove my view that he misses way to many changes, instead came across this:

His xG last season was 17 goals and he scored 16. Not what I was expecting to find at all. Also his stats are right up there.

Is the problem the lack of clear chances created for him by others and therefore when he fashions his own chances and misses we get on his case? Hmm, one to ponder.

This is perhaps a bit misleading, although it does tell a positive story. 

Dessers has the ability to score goals that others can’t, whilst missing the clear cut chances. If he scored the clear cut chances he would likely double is goal tally. But then I guess if he did that he would have cost a lot more!

3 minutes ago, theiconicman said:

His xG being greater than his G tells you exactly what we all know, he's not a clinical finisher. He's also not shite either though, and he's nowhere near the worst striker we've ever had.

8 minutes ago, theiconicman said:

The problem is we actually watch what he does on the pitch and don't go by the stats :lol:

Bring up all the stats you want but the proof is watching him play for 90 minutes. 

4 minutes ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

That's strange because I don't feel embarrassed or proved wrong, saying I want someone who is worse, you are just making stuff up now, this is the only media platform I have, wtf are you on about?

Really strange, tbh, because you’ve been proven to be wrong. Regarding not feeling being embarrassed - you’ve dug that hole so deep, you ain’t coming out of it.

I suggested you’d prefer someone slightly worse than Dessers, and I think you would. And this is social media. And you do embarrass yourself on it, in this thread, on a regular basis.

6 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

The problem is we actually watch what he does on the pitch and don't go by the stats :lol:

Bring up all the stats you want but the proof is watching him play for 90 minutes. 

Confirmation bias.

8 minutes ago, left winger said:

Really strange, tbh, because you’ve been proven to be wrong. Regarding not feeling being embarrassed - you’ve dug that hole so deep, you ain’t coming out of it.

I suggested you’d prefer someone slightly worse than Dessers, and I think you would. And this is social media. And you do embarrass yourself on it, in this thread, on a regular basis.

Wtf are you on about you lunatic, I'm not coming out the hole I dug? :lol: I don't rate a player, he's been here quite a while and has cost us in games time after time with crucial misses at crucial times, yes he's scored some important goals but the bad far outweighs the good imo, if he totally turned it around then id praise him to fuck without a hint of embarrassment or irony, dug myself in a hole :lol:,  it's a football forum, sit down ya dramatic cunt. 

19 minutes ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

Wtf are you on about you lunatic, I'm not coming out the hole I dug? :lol: I don't rate a player, he's been here quite a while and has cost us in games time after time with crucial misses at crucial times, yes he's scored some important goals but the bad far outweighs the good imo, if he totally turned it around then id praise him to fuck without a hint of embarrassment or irony, dug myself in a hole :lol:,  it's a football forum, sit down ya dramatic cunt. 

Why so angry Scotty.

Screenshot_20240807-090803.png

37 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Had a scan through this and while the thought of Dessers being our best player is appalling, I‘m struggling to pick another name…

Surely Diomande, Butland, Sterling out the crop from last season

58 minutes ago, theiconicman said:

Not so surprised by this. I said similar about this team not creating many chances and by replacing just the striker we would still have that issue. That being said, the eye alone tells you he isn't near clinical enough and will still frustrate the shite out ye. 

If we had £5m to spend on a new striker or a new attacking mid or winger though I'd go with the latter.

58 minutes ago, adam2102 said:

This is perhaps a bit misleading, although it does tell a positive story. 

Dessers has the ability to score goals that others can’t, whilst missing the clear cut chances. If he scored the clear cut chances he would likely double is goal tally. But then I guess if he did that he would have cost a lot more!

Exactly this.

or prob in a better league I’d think 

You could go through the whole 218 pages of this and you can tell the very moments when he scores and when he's had a bad game cause theres the complete shift barring a few who are adamant either way he's decent or utterly hopeless. 

17 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

Surely Diomande, Butland, Sterling out the crop from last season

Nah not at all.

Diomande while has some nice bits of play is miles off the contribution Dessers has.

And Sterling can’t put together a run of more than 2/3 games without picking up some kind of injury.

Butland fair enough. 

Just now, .Williamson. said:

@Inigo getting on like a wee girl trying alcopops for the first time last night with those spelling mistakes  

Embarrassing stuff 

Think I had a go at you, didn't I.

Obv cut deep. Sorry mate.

41 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

We didn’t engage at all? :lol:

Hmm, sure. IIRC I called you a churlish cunt or something? Vicious stuff.