Who's next?

The Ibrox Derry

Just now, stevemac said:

don't get me wrong if a bigger club like an EPL team comes in then its a no brainer, but Villareal and Leeds are dreadful, wouldn't expect to get him over Ajax.

Villareal, Marseille and Ajax are beating us to every player and manager that we all go in for.

I think Leeds, even in the Championship, beat us more times than not as well 

12 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

I would like to see Souness invited by the board to give some input in the recruitment of a new manager. 

Whoever it is I hope they have a look at the huge number of backroom staff we have at Auchenhowie.   God knows what they all do.  Beale had two assistant managers and only recently I actually saw what one of them looked like.  I still don't know their names without looking them up.

What would Souness tangibly bring to the table when it comes to recruiting a new manager.

1 minute ago, Broxi said:

Villareal, Marseille and Ajax are beating us to every player and manager that we all go in for.

I think Leeds, even in the Championship, beat us more times than not as well 

what players or managers have we been after that have gone to them though?

its just speculation. 

23 minutes ago, stevemac said:

Miles ahead of Leeds. They are in the championship ffs. and even whilst in the top flight, they were never competing for silverware.

Villareal - absolutely shite.

Marseille - think we just edge them tbh

Ajax - bigger than us despite being awful this season

Fantasy land stuff here.

3 minutes ago, stevemac said:

its just speculation. 

Bassey left us for Ajax. Dont get me wrong we were extremely happy to sell but he wasnt chaining himself to Ibrox to stay.

We aren’t in a position to attract a good manager from a top league.

So it’s either go someone who has a patchy record at a higher level/top 5 league. Who has probably had a few seasons of success and probably sacked once or twice.

Or we look at a lower level for somebody who has had more success, potentially with multiple clubs. And we can be a bit more targeted about play style (have they managed teams that are expected and set up to win each week against low blocks etc).

And look to see that they tick the boxes and outperform in other areas. (Recruitment, leadership, tactics etc)

I’d vote the latter. That candidate likely has a higher ceiling but is probably riskier.

I’m not worried about the job being too big for them. That’s something the board should be able to sound out in any interview. 

It should be easy enough to recognise charisma, leadership, integrity etc.

Something Beale clearly lacked. 

34 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

Every club looking for a new manager is a risk for any candidate.   Football is a risky business.  Chelsea, Everton, and a host of other clubs are no different, they are all high risks.     Ross Wilson has a lot to answer for.  He was supposed to have put all the blocks in place.  The problem was his confidence in his abilities was badly misplaced and also that Douglas Park believed him.

Our Club offers a challenge and a high profile one at that.  European football is basically guaranteed every year.  Basically only one main domestic rival.  Do well up here and an EPL club will come looking, or even a continental side. What's not to like about that scenario for a confident and ambitious manager with something to prove?

The fact the odds aren't on your favour of succeeding?

Some of the names mentioned on this thread have a higher stock from what I'm reading than going for a club that punts managers within a year. Plenty of clubs out there such managers can be deemed successes probably without even winning silverware without the situation in Glasgow where its boom or bust.

6 minutes ago, stevemac said:

its just speculation. 

Lol, the best managers go to the biggest leagues (unless the moneys stupid a la Saudi Arabia). 

Unless the manager was born on the Copland road, no manager on earth is declining offers from teams in La Liga/Ligue Un to come to us. 

The guy from AZ is an interesting one because you could argue the Dutch league is on the verge of overtaking France as the 5th league of Europe. If Ajax came in for him, I can’t see any possibility where he’d turn them down to manage us. 

10 minutes ago, Broxi said:

Souness should be nowhere near the decision making of any of the footballing decisions at the club 

Me neither. Guys a dinosaur. His comments when De Zerbi was appointed on talkSPORT were embarrassing. So if he was questioning De Zerbi at that time god only knows who he’s want to manage us.

12 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Rae is Bisgroves guy.

I wouldn't say that I have often met Rae at games home and away as have many other supporters I'm sure long before we even knew the name Bisgrove.