Welcome to Rangers, Philippe Clement!

6 minutes ago, Darth Bear said:

Said the same sort of things that you would expect from any new manager.

Will wait and see what he can do with the squad is the approach that I will be taking. 

Yes, I was quite impressed by what he had to say, but I don't believe that the old guard in the playing squad is capable of making the required changes, and if they are still around next summer we won't have progressed 

Just now, ready1873 said:

Was that way with all our recent managers but surely you want to see the first press conference? 

Not really mate I made the mistake of translating the Monaco forum into English and viewing his 83 page thread yesterday, it takes a turn in attitude from them on page 2 :lol:

I am now apprehensive and just looking to see how the next couple of weeks go. Still excited for change and believe he could turn us around but not interested in hearing words after what I read 

24 minutes ago, KBOO72 said:

Just a little bit too much from "buzzword Bisgrove" for my liking. Would have much rather heard more from the manager because he spoke very, very well. 

He has a look in his eye that would scare me if I was an underperforming player. Something I think we've missed in a manager since Walter. 

I'm not one to read much into a first press conference but I get an air of authority about him, somewhat like Collina back in the day; that sense that you really don't want to fuck with him. 

Must be a big baldy cunt thing.  :lol:

I think a few in the squad are about to get a reality check.

2 hours ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

No buzzwords, no patter about philosophies or projects, no bullshit. Just wants us to be the best and win.

Loved every minute of that from him.

he certainly instills confidence in the listener.

hopefully he has the same impact on the players.

45 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Not really mate I made the mistake of translating the Monaco forum into English and viewing his 83 page thread yesterday, it takes a turn in attitude from them on page 2 :lol:

I am now apprehensive and just looking to see how the next couple of weeks go. Still excited for change and believe he could turn us around but not interested in hearing words after what I read 

I get it, but you could find threads like that on basically any manager in the world.

4 minutes ago, TheKingObv said:

I get it, but you could find threads like that on basically any manager in the world.

Yeah but it was really bad and it was almost immediately not great. 

Just hoping they expected far too much and hanging on to the fact he was successful in Belgium 

5 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Watched it and he is good to listen to. Still have high hopes he can turn us around, just not going to get carried away after what I read from the Monaco fans :lol:

Do Monaco have many fans?

Footballs not really high on the priority list in that area.