Welcome to Rangers, Philippe Clement!

1 hour ago, Drumloyal said:

I'm not one to read much into a first press conference but I get an air of authority about him, somewhat like Collina back in the day; that sense that you really don't want to fuck with him. 

Must be a big baldy cunt thing.  :lol:

I think a few in the squad are about to get a reality check.

I really, really hope so. It's long overdue. 

6 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

Do Monaco have many fans?

Footballs not really high on the priority list in that area.

Their forum is pretty active with quite a number of regular posters. It would be very similar to here in terms of activity 

It's true that if you watch most managers 1st presser then it's all positive and they say everything we want to hear. From memory Beale and Gio was the same.

Words are cheap at the end of the day, we need it to transfer onto the park. 

1 minute ago, The Godfather said:

It's true that if you watch most managers 1st presser then it's all positive and they say everything we want to hear. From memory Beale and Gio was the same.

Words are cheap at the end of the day, we need it to transfer onto the park. 

Emphases on the fans getting behind the team was straight out of the boards mouth via his. That annoyed me.

5 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

Emphases on the fans getting behind the team was straight out of the boards mouth via his. That annoyed me.

Aye. It's hard to get behind the same shower of shite that got the last 2 managers binned. 

That's why it's going to be some task for Clement to get success here especially in the short term. This squad is full of loser bastards who I just don't care about 

Just now, born a blue nose said:

In his favour, it will be easy to see a style/shape/tempo etc so that will give us hope, despite the shite he's working with. 

If we start to recognise that early doors then there's hope. And the fans will give him time. 

Reckon he needs to make a few big decisions to get the fans on side too. 

If he picks a settled back 4 and stops changing every other week it will be a start. Cantwell returning will be a big factor, hopefully Danillo too as up top is a bastard, can't be used on the wings.

Be typical if it's the usual line up 😆 

21 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

What were they saying? 

Pretty early on into him being in charge they were saying they had regressed. Weird really because they finished 3rd that season which was a big improvement so I don’t know what they mean overall :lol:

The posts were all pretty negative but I am excited to see what happens still, albeit a bit apprehensive now. They said he attacked a lot and left them exposed to counter attacks, hopefully in our shite league that’s grand as teams all sit around their own boxes 

EC01A9DF-8203-40AA-9801-8AF810AA7473.jpeg

B850D457-A1DF-4323-A956-AAAEDAEC4D2C.jpeg

281F7CCC-2059-4114-9515-38575CF24CEF.jpeg

1 minute ago, SPWF said:

Apparently Kovac was a big fan favourite and only left because he fell out with the board, so not surprising Clement was given a raw deal from them. 9th to 3rd in his first season seems to go against what they’re saying about his ability to strategise and motivate tbh. Second season wasn’t great but they sold a load of their star players that summer. There’s definitely some things we should watch out for, but it’s not like he was a total disaster for them. 

Aye I’m still hopeful of him turning us around. I like what I have heard from him and I think it’s hard to overlook his success in Belgium with two different clubs 

11 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Pretty early on into him being in charge they were saying they had regressed. Weird really because they finished 3rd that season which was a big improvement so I don’t know what they mean overall :lol:

The posts were all pretty negative but I am excited to see what happens still, albeit a bit apprehensive now. They said he attacked a lot and left them exposed to counter attacks, hopefully in our shite league that’s grand as teams all sit around their own boxes 

sounds like they’re got doom merchants and panty wetters on their forum too 😀

Entitled French fuckwits greetin’ despite  jumping from 9th to 3rd.

16 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Stranraer has more fans than Monaco, irrelevant pub team.

34 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

He said in his press conference and in an interview yesterday he wants to play good football but put an emphasis on keeping a structure going the other way, if that was a weakness it sounds like he knows it is and wants to address it.

8 minutes ago, bluenose244 said:

Stranraer has more fans than Monaco, irrelevant pub team.

They aren’t irrelevant in this situation though :lol:

They could have 100 fans, the number doesn’t matter, it’s what they seen while he was their coach I wanted to know about 

It was an impressive press conference, he spoke very well and what he said sounded like just what we need. I hope he does well. But I place very little emphasis on a press conference actually ever meaning anything in reality. The marathon thing is giving me flashbacks to Pedro and his caravan though😅

Can I ask a question.....why are people bigging up the importance of winning 3 Belgian titles....this is the same Belgian league that we were all getting pissed off about for signing average players from it....we also have won our last 4 European ties against Belgian opposition.....I'm hoping the big man succeeds but I fear we are placing far too much importance on him winning the Belgian league 3 times