Welcome to Rangers, Philippe Clement!

2 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Still can’t believe that was in a match programme 

I’ve backed him forever but time is up. I’m sure that was before the Hamilton game which was essentially costing Gerrard his job until the season was ended. 

Since it’s been the exact same outcome 80% of the time. 15 trophies up for grabs, 3 won. They’ve won a double or treble in every season bar 1 since this quote. 

54 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

3 passes last night and Dundee were outside our box, what happened to our press? We used to smother teams when he first came now we sit off and let the opposition stroll up the park ,when you see pub players from opposition teams like Dundee and Ross county running at speed through the midfield that’s all down to his tactics.

the standard from us recently is like watching an 8th tier English non league game you tune into by mistake, watch for 2 mins laugh how bad it is then turn over to watch paint dry

Players given up. Zero effort. Only player I seen sprinting last night was Sterling, everyone else jogged. Whether it was in the press, in attack, tracking back, they all jogged. 

If fitness is the issue then the players are alot worse of a professional footballer than I thought. You cannot have any fitness issues when you've just had 2 weeks off and only played 1 game a week, regardless of where in the season it is.

Highly likely its up top where they have given up as it's not the first time. Mentally extremely weak at the leadership end which spreads far quicker and becomes more ingrained than anywhere else and also nearly impossible for a manager to turn around.

3 minutes ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

Good to see the majority can see this isn't his fault 

We were teetering alot last night on here and on twitter. Its pretty much the default position for a generation of the support to blame the manager for the consistent faults of the players. Especially after the clear waffle he gave to the media after, too many take it at face value.

Guardiola would struggle to get anything out this squad. They play well when there’s no pressure or things are going for them. However as soon as it turns or the pressure starts they fold like fuck. We are an old slow passive team. The managers deserves the chance to clear out these losers and get in a young fit hungry squad that can play the way he wants. The players are the common denominator in all this, not the manager!

45 minutes ago, left winger said:

Not wrong, tbh, but like Goldson after the semi-final against Hibs - why would you come out and say it? 

It was 5 years ago now. As captain and then as the senior leadership group, they’ve not once tried to change it. That’s the issue. 

Souness said it himself, he couldn’t believe there was still chat about the league title win the season after round the club and with the players. Job done mentality since 

2 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

It was 5 years ago now. As captain and then as the senior leadership group, they’ve not once tried to change it. That’s the issue. 

Souness said it himself, he couldn’t believe there was still chat about the league title win the season after round the club and with the players. Job done mentality since 

Don't forget the moronic decisions that have been made at boardroom level as well. 

I said it on here months ago that it's just absolutely typical of us to give an utter fraud like Beale a fortune to piss away only to sack him a couple of months later, then we bring in someone like Clement to hope and pray that he's a miracle worker. 

It's fucking maddening. 

I actually think the board have told PC that Lundstrum isn’t getting what he wants and like the past him, Tav and Goldson are all spitting the dummy out. These are three players who wouldn’t be in the starting line up should we have got the CL money and to me they fkn know it. Cunts the lot of them.

3 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Don't forget the moronic decisions that have been made at boardroom level as well. 

I said it on here months ago that it's just absolutely typical of us to give an utter fraud like Beale a fortune to piss away only to sack him a couple of months later, then we bring in someone like Clement to hope and pray that he's a miracle worker. 

It's fucking maddening. 

Yup. Now the best manager we’ve had in about 15 years has almost 2 hands tied behind his back fighting against another club with another CL windfall and having to get rid of the same old faces. All the while trying to get the best out of what he’s got, identity talent for the apparent “player trading model” and above all, win trophies. 

I’ve no doubt if you look at where he’s won trophies, the synergy and professionalism between himself, board and players will have been at its peak. He’s fighting a losing battle with probably less than £10m to spend in the summer and relying on shifting 12+ players to recreate a mentality that he aligns with

Just now, BlueSuedeSambas said:

How many times have we said that now though? 😭

Too many. 

It's been rinse and repeat. Season collapses and demand is there for new squad and serious change. 

Come the start of the season same shitebags still at the club. 

5 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Too many. 

It's been rinse and repeat. Season collapses and demand is there for new squad and serious change. 

Come the start of the season same shitebags still at the club. 

It’s not just the same shitebags, it’s the players we bring in too. Outwith Butland, there doesn’t seem to a winning mentality among any of them - Davies, Matondo, Raskin, Cantwell, Dessers..money down the toilet to just leave us with more of the same.

To an extent if someone had told me back in October that we would be here in April with the League Cup, a Scottish Cup Semi-Final and a couple of points off the top of the league (not to mention having won our Europa League Group) I'd have said you were mad.

Clement should be cut some slack until he gets his own players in the door, I also don't think we can overestimate the impact of Sima's injury; I think he was massively missed when he was out.

Anyway; there's players needing booted out, too much deadwood, I just hope the board back Clement or we will be back here next season

Just now, BlueSuedeSambas said:

It’s not just the same shitebags, it’s the players we bring in too. Outwith Butland, there doesn’t seem to a winning mentality among any of them - Davies, Matondo, Raskin, Cantwell, Dessers..money down the toilet to just leave us with more of the same.

Even Butland looks a shadow of the player he was at the start of the season, seems the noise around the England call up has done him in. 

29 minutes ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

No manager could get a team with Roofe up front and Lawrence/Lundstram in the middle to play a high press

Struggle to see what more he could have done. 

The players have bought into him.

He’s shown that he can get us organised and structured.

He’s shown he wants us to play with intensity and high press and he’s shown he can get results.

What he can’t control is trying to do that with a small group of old and unathletic players that have shown they don’t have that in them to do it twice a week. The wheels have come off mentally and physically. 

Not sure how anyone can question the rotation when our intensity has been on the decline each week.

Postecoglou played a similar way but was allowed to build a squad to do it.

Our scatter gun transfer policy and inability to move older injury prone players on has left us in this mess. Not Clement