Welcome to Rangers, Philippe Clement!

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

When?

Well organised - we are absolutely awful out of possession.

We had no money in January and front loaded for Diomande.

The board are currently undergoing a massive cost cutting exercise.

When we were successful before the wheels came off. It was based on a high intense press. We blew Hearts 5-0 off the park with it.

We weren’t winning because we were playing sexy football and carving teams open.

But you need a big enough squad full of young and athletic players to do it over a season. Especially in 4 competitions.

Postecoglou spent money on 8 players at Spurs with an average age of 22.

We won’t have big funds but any signings will fit that mould.

It’s a joke the state of the squad we have. Guys like Lundstrum, Roofe, Jack, Barasic, Goldson, Davies, Tav, Lawrence, Dowell.

These last few performances I don’t think I’ve ever seen a Rangers team be so easily outfought and outran.

Just now, bluenoz said:

Tbh, we look lost without the kid. I think he is much better than some posters think.

Looked lost with him against them aswell tbh, he looks decent but certainly wouldn't have been where you're spending 4/5 million on in January, even worse that it's been took off the summer budget

Clearly not good enough Clement and his team have presided over this fucking shambles of a capitulation.

I've seen nothing to address the slump In  form of the whole team if so  that would demonstrate a working on the faults leading to better passing and.moving.of the ball .

Clearly despite injuries the selection of off form players week after week has contributed to this situation and not utilising what is available to the point it changes the team set up but they go through the same fucking malaise week in week out it's beginning to look like the same shite as last year as their basics are so fucking poor it's bordering on sheer incompetence .

Players and Management need to take a long hard look at themselves.

On 14/04/2024 at 18:45, nik2402 said:

Deserves credit for what he’s done to date. Given injuries he’s had to deal with and the shite squad he’s working with. 

However I haven’t agreed with a single team selection in the league since Hearts at home on 24th February. 

Since then he’s had to make two subs at half time away to Killie. Make one at half time at home to Motherwell. He’s had to take Scott Wright off on 60 against Hibs and at half time against celtic. And then onto today where he’s had to make a double sub at 54 minutes. 

That tells me he’s picking the wrong team every week and having to try rectify it. It’s a worrying trend. He’s not working with a good squad by any means but most people are saying the same thing before games when the teams come out. 

Another game where he’s picked the wrong side. Triple sub this time 55th minute. 

While I am probably going to give him some leeway as he is working with a squad severely lacking in quality and with a lack of mentality, there are some major red flags now appearing:

- we have been on a run where we have played with no definitive style for large parts and even whole games

- the same issues keep reappearing (eg Goldson’s long balls to nobody or Tav taking all the corners)

- he is rigid in his tactics, meaning we are playing players out of position as we are scratching around looking for quality

He will be given time to reshape the squad over the summer but starting to worry the run of results up until the Motherwell game was an abnormality and not what we can expect long term.

There are a lot of things that the team was doing before Phil that are still happening today. Sideways passing, relying on Goldson and Souttar to take the ball forward, midfielders hiding or always passing the ball to the striker whos facing the goal with his back, getting stuck at the edge of the box and trying to walk the ball into the net and so on. Not good enough. 

5 minutes ago, rossco87 said:

While I am probably going to give him some leeway as he is working with a squad severely lacking in quality and with a lack of mentality, there are some major red flags now appearing:

- we have been on a run where we have played with no definitive style for large parts and even whole games

- the same issues keep reappearing (eg Goldson’s long balls to nobody or Tav taking all the corners)

- he is rigid in his tactics, meaning we are playing players out of position as we are scratching around looking for quality

He will be given time to reshape the squad over the summer but starting to worry the run of results up until the Motherwell game was an abnormality and not what we can expect long term.

I’m worried about the shite the cunts spouted tonight 

Phil looked a bit shell-shocked but can't afford to be too scathing as he will be relying on the same players on Sunday to - somehow - put in a performance.

Taking a step back, it might be that something has happened in the background to account for the complete collapse from the confident, flowing football that probably peaked in blasting Hearts 5- 0 not so long ago.

Whether it's some players being told their time is up or whatever, I don't know, but the wheels have come off to an alarming degree and Clement looks at a complete loss as to how to address it.

6 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Clement is clearly playing psychological games with the players. Even he knows they are shite. At least, he better!

He can’t publicly say it.  It wouldn’t change things for the better if he did.

2 minutes ago, Swagger said:

I’m worried about the shite the cunts spouted tonight 

Cunts a bit strong, manager has had nothing short of a nightmare recently in the way he’s picked the team and handled the bad results but I wouldn’t say he’s anything near a cunt 

Just about anyone wearing red and blue tonight you could call a cunt but not the manager 

Just now, RFC55 said:

He’s about the only “cunt” this can’t be labelled at

he had enough about him to bring these shitebags into a title fight 

Listen his post match again - fucking clueless 

8 minutes ago, theiconicman said:

We win all our games, possiblity we win the league, wtf?

I believe in these players, wtf?

I'm starting to think Big Phil lacks the testicular fortitude to deal with these charlatans.

That interview should have been on Comedy Central.

Hope Phil makes sure the players get a few extra quid in their pay packet for the wonderful effort they put in tonight.

I'm surprised he never mentioned the clean sheet. 

1 minute ago, GA1972 said:

Cunts a bit strong, manager has had nothing short of a nightmare recently in the way he’s picked the team and handled the bad results but I wouldn’t say he’s anything near a cunt 

Just about anyone wearing red and blue tonight you could call a cunt but not the manager 

Sent the same 11 out after that first 45 min shambles in Dingwall. Defending that pish tonight 

Cunt needs to waken up 

5 minutes ago, DMax399 said:

He can’t publicly say it.  It wouldn’t change things for the better if he did.

Souness would have. Jock Wallace would have.

Players are mollycoddled today.