Current injury list

44 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

He’s also still reasonably young and shown in a couple of games that there’s maybe something there to work with, let’s see how he does under Clement before we completely write him off.

I hope your right, i would love it if he turned into a good player for us, considering what we paid and his reported wages we definately need a return from him.

2 hours ago, Jamie0202 said:

The last bit of that to me stands out. When asked if he knows why we have so many injuries he says yes but not for the press to hear why. Sounds like it isn't just bad luck which many of us could guess. Personally I don't give a fuck about knowing the full reason, as long as Clement knows and can fix it. The proof will be seen throughout the rest of the season when we will see if the situation improves.

That's also a far better answer to the press than waffling some amount of shite while skirting round the real reasons. 

Spot on 

5 hours ago, Negri's lovechild said:

I honestly thought Helander's career was finished with his injury issues while at us. It's either an incredible turnaround, or injuries have been horrendously mismanaged here. 

With the amount of long term injuries we've had, you have to think there's problems with out medical side of things.

Just another element of this club that looks like a fucking disaster 

We’ve been battered with injuries, but even without them I’m not sure we’re particularly strong. Best 11 is probably along the lines of…

Butland

Tav Goldson Davies Ridvan

Lundstram Raskin

Sima Cantwell Lawrence 

Danilo

Big question marks around those in bold IMO, either because they are out of contract, injury prone, or just not good enough to properly contribute.

Get to the bench and it’s horrific reading.

Dessers, Lammers, Roofe, Matondo, Wright, Jack, Rice, Dowell, Cifuentes, Souttar, Borna, Balogun, Sterling, Lovelace, Devine, McCausland, King, McCrorie

5 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

We’ve been battered with injuries, but even without them I’m not sure we’re particularly strong. Best 11 is probably along the lines of…

Butland

Tav Goldson Davies Ridvan

Lundstram Raskin

Sima Cantwell Lawrence 

Danilo

Big question marks around those in bold IMO, either because they are out of contract, injury prone, or just not good enough to properly contribute.

Get to the bench and it’s horrific reading.

Dessers, Lammers, Roofe, Matondo, Wright, Jack, Rice, Dowell, Cifuentes, Souttar, Borna, Balogun, Sterling, Lovelace, Devine, McCausland, King, McCrorie

Frightening when you think about the turnover we had this summer as well, and that we'll probably need another large churn of players next year too, although a fair number we're lumbered with on longer term deals.

I'd say ANY players out of contract this season we let go as i don't think any of them are good enough / available enough to contribute meaningfully. 

38 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

Frightening when you think about the turnover we had this summer as well, and that we'll probably need another large churn of players next year too, although a fair number we're lumbered with on longer term deals.

I'd say ANY players out of contract this season we let go as i don't think any of them are good enough / available enough to contribute meaningfully. 

Expiring in 2024…

Lundstram

Borna

Sima

Jack

Roofe

McLaughlin

Balogun 

I think the most concerning thing about our injuries and what will probably worry/frustrate Clement is players just going missing for ages once injured 

It’s not normal how often we have a player walk off with a knock and he’s not seen again for months with pretty vague updates if any given about their status 

9 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

I think the most concerning thing about our injuries and what will probably worry/frustrate Clement is players just going missing for ages once injured 

It’s not normal how often we have a player walk off with a knock and he’s not seen again for months with pretty vague updates if any given about their status 

Maybe not normal for other clubs but par for the course at Ibrox.

If Clement can get to the bottom of it and sort it out, then he’ll be a hero over and above any trophies he might win.

22 hours ago, rangersross said:

Interesting that Roofe’s been sent to a sports recovery place in Belgium this week. Clement maybe favouring his own network rather than the club’s go-tos. 

Well, given our networks track record, you cannot blame him. He is clearly perplexed at how our fitness side of things is in such a state.

This could be shite since it is the Sun, but from the papers online this morning.

Rangers manager Philippe Clement instructs his players to use the club's cryochamber as he tries to get on top of their injury problems. (Sun)

PS I see @esquire8 has quotes in the Phil C thread, so good to see this is happening, you wonder why it has not always been used? :hmmm:

46 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

This could be shite since it is the Sun, but from the papers online this morning.

Rangers manager Philippe Clement instructs his players to use the club's cryochamber as he tries to get on top of their injury problems. (Sun)

PS I see @esquire8 has quotes in the Phil C thread, so good to see this is happening, you wonder why it has not always been used? :hmmm:

From what's been said it was being used in injury recovery and not recovery after just normal training. 

22 hours ago, ready1873 said:

Thank fuck. Finally with the gumption to acknowledge the injury record and call it out.

Love the way he deals with the press. "Yes, but not for you guys." In other words mind your own fucking business. 😀

I love that Clement is calling this out. its an absolute joke and has been for ages.  Professional athletes with all the modern day tools at their disposal who cannot consistently stay fit, or make themselves unavailable consistently. For too long we've had a management culture that just accepted this as a norm, when we all knew it was a shambles. Lets hope this culture filters through into our recruitment policy as well, and we steer clear of known damaged goods on that front.  The players and the medical staff should be ashamed with our record here in the last years.

4 hours ago, CoplandRoad83 said:

I love that Clement is calling this out. its an absolute joke and has been for ages.  Professional athletes with all the modern day tools at their disposal who cannot consistently stay fit, or make themselves unavailable consistently. For too long we've had a management culture that just accepted this as a norm, when we all knew it was a shambles. Lets hope this culture filters through into our recruitment policy as well, and we steer clear of known damaged goods on that front.  The players and the medical staff should be ashamed with our record here in the last years.

More problematic when we knew this was the case taking on Halland, Souttar, Roofe, and Aaron Ramsey. 

2 minutes ago, saintbob1969 said:

More problematic when we knew this was the case taking on Halland, Souttar, Roofe, and Aaron Ramsey. Not even going to mention signing players with heart defects ( yes, I know I just mentioned it).

ffs

2 hours ago, Negri's lovechild said:

Only one i'd try and keep there is Sima to be honest.

Thats got to be about 100k a week saved by binning those guys. 

I'd be keeping Lundstram if possible for one more year and looking for a Jack replacement. I think Lundstram will be one of those players were things will go more wrong when he's not there and nobody fan wise will get why.

8 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

I'd be keeping Lundstram if possible for one more year and looking for a Jack replacement. I think Lundstram will be one of those players were things will go more wrong when he's not there and nobody fan wise will get why.

Lundstram can be frustrating.

There are times he can be really solid, snapping into tackles and looks a good player, other times he can look completely lost. I would still probably let him go with him i would imagine, being a high earner.

58 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

From what's been said it was being used in injury recovery and not recovery after just normal training. 

:thumbup:

It seems Phil is being much more proactive in game/training recovery and you wonder why it was not being used for that before.