Should We Target Shankland?

BlueSuedeSambas

Should We Target Shankland In January?  

205 members have voted

1. 1. Should We Target Shankland In January?

No for me.

Danilo is going to be a star, Shankland would only be a bit part player here and Hearts would want a good fee. I'd get Dessers out the door at the soonest opportunity and sign a decent backup to Danilo. Roofe would actually be ideal but we all know that ain't happening.

Big thing for me in January is the wide areas and midfield in general.

20 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

There was a bit of a clamour for us to sign him when he was scoring goals in the championship but if we had signed him then he wouldn’t have got near our side because we had Morelos and Defoe, and his record once he stepped up to the SPFL and then went to Belgium wasn’t even good enough for him to even be on our radar.

He said on open goal that he played right wing back in Belgium :lol: 

Goals win games and Shankland would almost certainly score them at SPFL level. He likely wouldn't be our main striker though.

Tbh if the price was right I'd rather sign a known quantity in Shankland, than take a punt on an unproven foreign player.

52 minutes ago, Badger said:

Goals win games and Shankland would almost certainly score them at SPFL level. He likely wouldn't be our main striker though.

Tbh if the price was right I'd rather sign a known quantity in Shankland, than take a punt on an unproven foreign player.

Could easily be used like Boyd was, mainly in the league giving our first choice striker a rest in between European games.  

Think it is probably too late now to be worth it signing him but wouldn't be upset if we did sign him.

1 minute ago, esquire8 said:

Liked a bunch of our players posts about the dundee game and photos of the pyro party :pipe:

He was behind me in faro airport after the final in seville

its well known he’s a proddy and his “celebration” would show that from last Sunday

1 minute ago, RFC55 said:

He was behind me in faro airport after the final in seville

its well known he’s a proddy and his “celebration” would show that from last Sunday

First time I've seen or heard of him liking as many posts on social media about us. Either that or he does it all the time and this is the first time it's getting brought up.

I like Shankland, think he’s a good player and underrated to an extend has I think he doesn’t get the credit for his overall game. 
That being said I don’t think I could answer the now, think I need to see more of Danilo first. If Danilo turns out the way we hope then he’ll be first choice no questions asked. Then it’s a difficult question to answer, how much would hearts want and would we be willing to pay that for a back up. Then would he want to come here in the prime of his career to play second fiddle if hypothetically Danilo is banging them in and by far and clear our first choice. 

2 hours ago, Big Al 55 said:

He’s matured into an excellent player in the last 18 months, usually one of the best performers any time I see Hearts, which admittedly isn’t too often. 

He’s a completely different player now with his touch, awareness & power to what I always thought he was.

Also didn’t realise he was 6ft1” and only 28.