Pyro Pictures

The Ibrox Derry

4 minutes ago, Moody Blue Legend said:

Iah I thought it looked great.  Only thing was the delays meant I never managed to stay awake to watch the full game!

Mate, is that some sort of teuchter talk, because I thought it was a typo the first time but I’m confused as to what it means now :lol: 

2 minutes ago, Lord Lockin said:

Exactly, I got the back of my leg burned with one at Livingston as the wee coward ran away.

They usually all go to the one section at Livi with the pyro, so you could do what i did last time and just move to an empty seat 🤷🏻‍♂️

8 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I'm someone who thinks they look good, but they are a safety issue and shouldn't be taken into grounds unless its into some kind of safe pyro space like they have in the MLS (which wouldn't be acceptable to the UB as I don't think that would be ultra enough).

I was fairly close to two last night and once they get down to a certain level and get too hot for the person holding them they just throw them on the ground and run off. 

They did create some fantastic pictures but it’s not worth the disruption and the grief it will bring on the club. Outside the stadium by all means but not in the ground. 

3 minutes ago, Lord Lockin said:

Exactly, I got the back of my leg burned with one at Livingston as the wee coward ran away.

Yeah I actually saw something like that happen at Livingston either last season or the season before, and similar at Hibs last year in the first away game that was played mid-week at Easter Rd.

Last night at least one of the boys tried to stamp their one out before they charged off.

11 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

They usually all go to the one section at Livi with the pyro, so you could do what i did last time and just move to an empty seat 🤷🏻‍♂️

I was nowhere near them, they all spread out, same as last night, and set them of, then run back to where they were all gathered.

6 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

I don't insult people on RM but in your case I'm going to make an exception, if you really think we should have pyro then you are a clown.

We should have loads of it. Loads of flares and smoke bombs, maybe even a few of those Catherine wheel fireworks on the goalposts 

4 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Yeah I actually saw something like that happen at Livingston either last season or the season before, and similar at Hibs last year in the first away game that was played mid-week at Easter Rd.

Last night at least one of the boys tried to stamp their one out before they charged off.

Wait, cunts are causing folk to get burned? If that happening it's pretty obviously something that should be clamped down on.

2 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Aye, I'd guess there'll be people that would be disgusted about the idea of wishing harm on Rangers fans will be quite happy to ignore Rangers fans actually getting burned so they can enjoy themselves.

5 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Many injuries from last night? 

I'm not aware of any, but that doesn't mean they aren't dangerous.

I've already said I enjoy it as a spectacle. I'm quite happy to acknowledge though that lighting something that burns that hot in close proximity to fellow fans is something that could go very wrong very quickly. Pretending otherwise is silly.

Some of those photos were fab, really spectacular and in the running for 2023 photo of the year come December, but still, as a humourless old prick, I'd tone down the pyro in future, just my personal opinion, simply not worth it and hell to pay if there is a serious injury.  I'm with the gaffer on this one.