Ben Hood - charity poll

RangersMedia

Ben Hood - charity poll  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Which charity should we donate to?

• SAMH
    • Erskine Veterans Charity
    • The Kris Boyd Charity
    • Change Mental Health
    • Beatson Cancer Charity

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/11/23 at 17:00

6 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

I have depression and medication is part of my treatment and to be honest, after quite a few years of therapy it ended up being the best solution for me. We shouldn't write it off.  

Glad it is working for you mate :thumbup: and that is why I replied to KK, we cannot rule out medication when it works for so many. 

12 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

I fully agree much more needs to be done by governments KK, but medication will be part of the solution for many, both short and long term. It is important that people are open to 'all treatments available' to them. 

If It's part of a wider treatment plan I agree however most GPS if you go speak to them will put you on medication. For me most GPS use medication as the only treatment option. 

55 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

For adhd assessments the now it’s nearly a year wait which is fucking bonkers due to the other symptoms that arise with that, such as anxiety and depression so people often with other mental health conditions really need access to the proper mental health teams.

GPs can’t even prescribe the drugs, it has to be done after a proper assessment, and for some that can be too late as they can’t cope with the symptoms any longer.

the mental health side of the nhs is in a sorry state tbh as you say due to underfunding and neglect 

It’s the Tories MO. Underfund a national asset to the point of ruin then privatise it. They’ve got blood on their hands in the name of profit. 

Could the donation be open for another 10 days and that will be 1 month since Ben left us. This would allow people who have not heard time and give us a bit more space to discuss the options with the family. I would want something permanent at Ibrox for him and then the rest used in so way that his family are content with. I feel pulled all over the place writing this as he was too young.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...