Todd Cantwell

22 hours ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

The worry for me is he just likes strength and athleticism.

As much as everyone rightly loves Sterling a team full of players like him wins you fuck all either because there’s no quality on the ball.

Rightly or wrongly, I think he judged Cantwell early as someone who plays for himself, and makes it all about him, rather than being disciplined and playing for the team. I think Cantwell is a talented player (but hate his social media stuff), but he's not a Clement type player, and will be moved on in the summer.

14 hours ago, CoplandRoad83 said:

Rightly or wrongly, I think he judged Cantwell early as someone who plays for himself, and makes it all about him, rather than being disciplined and playing for the team. I think Cantwell is a talented player (but hate his social media stuff), but he's not a Clement type player, and will be moved on in the summer.

Hard to see where he'll be moved on to, no one in the Championship wanted him when we took him, and his time with us will be perceived as a failure, so I'm not sure who bites the bullet to take him off our hands, then there's his wages, I'm sure he'll be on a good wedge, so the level of club that could entice him probably wouldn't be able to afford him.

Maybe a Sunderland could afford his wages, or Birmingham if he's willing to drop a level, but even that sounds far fetched.

6 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

I’m not convinced we will see him play for us again. The fact he never even got on the pitch on Saturday speaks for itself really 

Here's hoping. Even 3 or 4 million for him to go back down south is decent enough given we never paid for him. 

2 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

Here's hoping. Even 3 or 4 million for him to go back down south is decent enough given we never paid for him. 

We did pay for him, we paid a fee to get him early 

2 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

Won't get anything like that if anything at all

4 hours ago, NixonRFC said:

Hard to see where he'll be moved on to, no one in the Championship wanted him when we took him, and his time with us will be perceived as a failure, so I'm not sure who bites the bullet to take him off our hands, then there's his wages, I'm sure he'll be on a good wedge, so the level of club that could entice him probably wouldn't be able to afford him.

Maybe a Sunderland could afford his wages, or Birmingham if he's willing to drop a level, but even that sounds far fetched.

23 goals and assists in 61 appearances is going to be considered a decent return by most managers at most clubs.

If he is available, and the fee isn’t ridiculous, I think clubs like Sunderland, Coventry and Middlesbrough would all be interested in him.

3 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

Who's gonna pay that for him when no one wanted him 18 months ago and his time with us will be percieved as a failure?

First we need to find a club that wants him, then we need to make sure they can offer him the type of wages we give him, then on top of that you're expecting them to pay £3-4m for him? I think thats extremely wishful thinking, mate.

2 minutes ago, Lord Lockin said:

Won't get anything like that if anything at all

1 minute ago, NixonRFC said:

Who's gonna pay that for him when no one wanted him 18 months ago and his time with us will be percieved as a failure?

First we need to find a club that wants him, then we need to make sure they can offer him the type of wages we give him, then on top of that you're expecting them to pay £3-4m for him? I think thats extremely wishful thinking, mate.

Maybe, maybe not. 

I think there would be interest from Championship clubs. I'm not sure how much we'd get though.

Just now, SkylineBlue said:

Maybe, maybe not. 

I think there would be interest from Championship clubs. I'm not sure how much we'd get though.

There seems to be this weird fascination on here with people wanting us to just give players away. We would easily get 2-3 million for him.

He’s played a decent number of games for us and he’s averaged a goal or assist every 2.6 games. Probably not good enough for us, but that sort of record isn’t going to dismissed by clubs where the expectations aren’t as great and a lot of them are looking for a maverick like player who is capable of a moment of brilliance.

6 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

I love that in some posts people say “we are so Poorly run” then say “we should offer mutual termination” 😂😂

We should just pay it up in full and give him any win bonuses the squad get for the period he would have been contracted for.

It's only fair.

48 minutes ago, Smile said:

Get his head down and stay of social media as he is a player. 

That should be the aim.

The ability is there. He was exceptionally good for 5 or 6 games before he got injured and has still had good games since coming back e.g. the semi final.

Doesn’t look good for him with Clement but we’re not bringing a better player in without spending a good chunk.

1 hour ago, RFC55 said:

I love that in some posts people say “we are so Poorly run” then say “we should offer mutual termination” 😂😂

It’s right up there with “he’s pish/contributes fuck all/ social media whore” to then “should get a couple of million” for him even though he can’t get off the bench in a must win game.

I like him and in the current squad he would be the number 10 starting every game for me but it’s clear the manager doesn’t rate him so best he moves on for all parties.

30 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

That should be the aim.

The ability is there. He was exceptionally good for 5 or 6 games before he got injured and has still had good games since coming back e.g. the semi final.

Doesn’t look good for him with Clement but we’re not bringing a better player in without spending a good chunk.

6 goals, 5 assists.

Might not match his technical ability, but he’s been out scored / assisted by loads of absolute jobbers. 

1 hour ago, RFC55 said:

Genuinely don’t think people realise that to get everyone they dislike out will take two or three windows 

I think there’s more chance of Cantwell going than the players people are looking to be sold like Goldson and Tav

Phil literally said in a press conference last week that Goldson can play a big part still in the dressing room and he will play a big part next season too 

I don’t think he appreciates Cantwell’s type of personality at all

1 hour ago, JackAlex93 said:

Thought the same on Saturday when Raskin and Wright came on and he was still sat on the bench

I don’t see how it could be interpreted any differently. We were chasing an equaliser in a title deciding game and he was left on the bench

Clearly something has happened behind the scenes and that cryptic bird in a cage nonsense will be related to it somehow