*****The Official Real Betis v Rangers Match Thread*****

G.E.C.

5 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Is that not just at grassroots level?

Not to sure tbh I just know they are in talks to implement it into football. I just hate VAR and the still images that can make things look worse. Not even just on about Cifuentes yesterday. Just always hated VAR.

Football is designed to be controversial.

Just now, BlueVanguard said:

Not to sure tbh I just know they are in talks to implement it into football. I just hate VAR and the still images that can make things look worse. Not even just on about Cifuentes yesterday. Just always hated VAR.

Football is designed to be controversial.

Don’t think VAR has taken any controversy out of it tbh mate, if anything it’s made it more controversial 

I am one for every game we should go out and go for what’s available .

On the other hand I do have worries about the squad though and our list of injuries. For example , from the options we have available I think it’s vital Roofe is fit enough to start and lead the line on Sunday at Hampden , and think that is the plan of his couple of appearances of late . so given his history how long and how much do we risk of him on Thursday ? 

2 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

I am one for every game we should go out and go for what’s available .

On the other hand I do have worries about the squad though and our list of injuries. For example , from the options we have available I think it’s vital Roofe is fit enough to start and lead the line on Sunday at Hampden , and think that is the plan of his couple of appearances of late . so given his history how long and how much do we risk of him on Thursday ? 

I wouldn’t give him any more than 10 or 15 mins at the end of the game on Thursday, he’s a different case to every other member of the squad though 

8 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Don’t think VAR has taken any controversy out of it tbh mate, if anything it’s made it more controversial 

True but since VAR the increase of microscoping Tackles etc has went through the roof. Can't even tackle anymore 😕. I would scrap it all. May as well just stop having referees at this point and let a computer do it.

1 hour ago, graeme_4 said:

I’d be sending the kids and those that need minutes. 

We’re not winning over there, so just prep us as best we can for the final. 

That’s some no surrender attitude as we’ve had some great away wins from some in this team and at times when we weren’t expecting it so I’m never accepting defeat until the final whistle.

Two wins for the Rangers the next two games.

Sick of these long runs in the europa taking its toll on our domestic form.

That's fair enough if we had lifted the europa but we lost in the final and to me that just made the season so disappointing and of course losing the title was a huge blow.

This season absolutely everything should be focused on domestic football.

Just now, dee9 said:

Sick of these long runs in the europa taking its toll on our domestic form.

That's fair enough if we had lifted the europa but we lost in the final and to me that just made the season so disappointing and of course losing the title was a huge blow.

This season absolutely everything should be focused on domestic football.

If we are Real and get to finals every second year I’d agree but the memories and the times and pride of following the team through games we had no right to be winning was incredible.

obviously we all want domestic success but that run and season was incredible and it does raise the profile of the club and for player sales etc 

1 minute ago, RFC55 said:

If we are Real and get to finals every second year I’d agree but the memories and the times and pride of following the team through games we had no right to be winning was incredible.

obviously we all want domestic success but that run and season was incredible and it does raise the profile of the club and for player sales etc 

Oh listen mate its memories for a lifetime and I loved every minute of it. I just feel we have had a number of really good runs over the last few years and I can't help but think it had a huge effect on our domestic results. I absolutely get your point however mate. 

5 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

This game takes less significance now.

LCF

St Johnstone

Motherwell

Ross County.

All far more important.

100 percent, we have too many injuries ATM to be worried about this game.  anyway aris could win their game and we still go thro. 

Maybe a wee run in the conference could be good. the LC is the most important game. we need to win it and the team get a boost and maybe go on a good run. 

Resting players never works, let’s go and have a go and see if we can pull it off 

That being said we’d have a far better chance of progressing with this team in the Conference League than the Europa which would probably be more beneficial for the club with ticket revenues and such. 

I won’t be too upset if we drop down but this is Rangers, we simply have to try and win every game. Maybe beating Betis, winning the League Cup and now contending in the league would give us a shot in the arm and send us on another Europa run.