*****The Official Real Betis v Rangers Match Thread*****

G.E.C.

the 1-1 highlights you tube link world if anyone is interested but an away win but we’ll need to keep the concentration until every whistle as they had two good chances today right at the death. Not scared to shoot from outside the box either plus their crowd will be up for it so hopefully we silence them.

1 hour ago, .Williamson. said:

Manager will rightly play the strongest team possible for this. Don’t mind dropping into the conference league but think it’s moronic not at least giving this a go, Aberdeen are shite

They are, but we still haven't been able to beat them this season. And that's without the pressure of a cup on the line.

2 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

This is a huge game, can't believe some are downplaying it mate.

Far bigger game is Sunday, Europa to Conference money is minimal. Madrid went there today and got a draw, we ain’t getting fuck all with this shite squad.

Rest them up and make sure we win it on Sunday.

1 hour ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Far bigger game is Sunday, Europa to Conference money is minimal. Madrid went there today and got a draw, we ain’t getting fuck all with this shite squad.

Rest them up and make sure we win it on Sunday.

Yep. The fact is we should already be qualified but fucked it against Aris. 
 Thursday doesn’t matter. Sunday is huge for us. 

I’ve almost resigned to the conference league at this point but only because I would rather that if it meant winning the first trophy available this season than knock our pans in Betis and risk failure. I could foresee that with the current injury woes and mentality of some of the players, it’s happened all too regularly I’m afraid so that’s where I’m at. 

8 minutes ago, CR3 said:

I’ve almost resigned to the conference league at this point but only because I would rather that if it meant winning the first trophy available this season than knock our pans in Betis and risk failure. I could foresee that with the current injury woes and mentality of some of the players, it’s happened all too regularly I’m afraid so that’s where I’m at. 

@BlueVanguardis due chucking his love for Rangers because he hates var, so your view seems quite reasonable at this stage.

Would take that trophy over anything right now 100%

I can see both sides of the argument here between resting players on Thursday for the Cup Final or going all out for both games.

All I will say is this, we don't have a great history when it comes to "resting" players.

We had a couple of post winter break disasters under Gerrard which spring to mind.

And even as recently as the international break where players came back "very sluggish" at Pittodrie.

And although it's a very different set of circumstances with regards to personal in the the squad, we won a Scottish Cup 2 and a half days after the physical and psychological trauma of Seville.

Success on Thursday night would be a fantastic platform to then head to Hampden on Sunday.

It really is a case of Risk v Reward.

1 hour ago, TamCoopz said:

@BlueVanguardis due chucking his love for Rangers because he hates var, so your view seems quite reasonable at this stage.

Would take that trophy over anything right now 100%

:lol:

Never chuck the love for Rangers but the love for Football under these new rules and rules they plan to bring in are just not football to me.