1 minute ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

I like him but he can be incredibly frustrating too with his touch, passing and shooting.

In fairness we’ve been doing this for years now where we have players who have elite qualities in some areas but come with glaring flaws, which is exactly the profiles we should be going for over average but not great at anything players.

Maximise the elite aspects, try to hide the flaws and you get a team hopefully capable of well above its average.

He is still only 22 though - he can improve his decision making and ability with his passing and shooting (I don't think touch can be coached). 

Completely agree with the last point, it's the reality of playing in Scotland and being hamstrung by finances.

Can’t remember a player for us in recent times with that same physicality plus pace and drive tbh - some parts of his game need a bit of refinement but can’t imagine him making it in PL yet and think we should try to pay the fee, reckon he’d go for a fair whack a year or two down the line especially if we can get another euro run 

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, The Godfather said:

Just hope it's something that doesn't require weeks out. We can't go into big games without him

Didn’t look good tbf. To go off that early, without having gone down or anything. :ang:

1 minute ago, esquire8 said:

Goalscoring threat. Can carry the ball. Makes somewhat intelligent movements off the ball. Traits that are very limited in our other options.

Add workrate defensively and ability to physically dominate every full back.

Just now, Jimfanciesthedude said:

The one area the tarriers are so fucking bad at is the one area we keep getting injuries in

Fucking bad luck or no luck we have

Never seen a season like it for our shite luck with injuries. Finally get a winger in during winter window and month later he gets a season ender.

3 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Goalscoring threat. Can carry the ball. Makes somewhat intelligent movements off the ball. Traits that are very limited in our other options.

What are his assists like? Genuine question btw I don’t know the stats but I expect my wingers to create goals 

35 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

That's the worry. We can't go into a game with them with Matondo or Ross. Just are miles off it

Matondo was horrendous today. Might go under the radar since we won, but he ran the ball out under no pressure in the first half. Was at least as bad as when Waghorn done it as well :lol:

13 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

What exactly makes Sima a good winger? 

He’s decent. He works hard but his final ball and decision making is suspect. 
He’s young and as it stands he’s one of the few in our squad who could give us something different 

Sign him for a few million though ? Not for me 

Sima off the left is a huge loss, Sima off the right not so much. He's more of a wide forward than a pure winger. 

From the right he has to be a creator whereas on the left he is a goal scorer. Imo he can't do both as he just isn't the most creative player but he is an intelligent player who makes good runs, gets in great positions and is a superb finisher.

20 minutes ago, SPWF said:

Matondo was horrendous today. Might go under the radar since we won, but he ran the ball out under no pressure in the first half. Was at least as bad as when Waghorn done it as well :lol:

Not under radar, I posted it when happened. Was tragic

3 minutes ago, Big Al 55 said:

McCausland, Matondo and Silva

I think he’s better than them but he hasn’t actually offered a whole lot more in terms of assists as far as I know, and I like my wingers to create 

Matondo has scored some important goals too btw. Sima is better than Matondo but the basis of Sima being rated seems to be nearly entirely on goals he scored before his injury

Hes never worth spending 7 million on or whatever it was rumoured to be 

1 minute ago, .Williamson. said:

I think he’s better than them but he hasn’t actually offered a whole lot more in terms of assists as far as I know, and I like my wingers to create 

Matondo has scored some important goals too btw. Sima is better than Matondo but the basis of Sima being rated seems to be nearly entirely on goals he scored before his injury

He’s still very raw, that’s for sure.

Let’s be honest he has a fantastic goal return, and all from predominantly the wing 👍

1 hour ago, .Williamson. said:

half that maybe, but i agree, and i really like Sima. never a 7m player to us though