Diomande

On 16/06/2024 at 13:38, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

The cup final has deservedly given him a bit of goodwill going into next season.

Was very good in that after having an extremely underwhelming few months beforehand.

First game he really got midfield partners with mobility and movement, theres a player in there he just needs more around him i think

9 hours ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

First game he really got midfield partners with mobility and movement, theres a player in there he just needs more around him i think

Thought he looked great first couple of games albeit a bit wacky/raw. 

Hopefully the half season will set him ul for new season

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Clearly a skillfull player but not doing enough. I was also having a think does our massive gaps in midfield no coincide with when he joined. I don't remember it in the first few months of clement.

36 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

Clearly a skillfull player but not doing enough. I was also having a think does our massive gaps in midfield no coincide with when he joined. I don't remember it in the first few months of clement.

Should be playing 1 further forward. 

35 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

Good point.There are times we seem completely overrun in midfield.

Maybe Lundstram did give us a bit of protection 

43 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

If someone better than Lawrence was playing then we'd be less likely to be overrun and cut through midfield.

Dio would be better one place forward.

4 hours ago, MacBoyd said:

He doesn’t tackle, ever. He is very skillfull and could be a great player for us, but he is piss weak in a Scottish context. He sometimes makes opposition players look diddy, but he doesn’t offer a huge amount of protection. Perhaps playing him further forward as ha been suggested will unlock the best in him.

I should probably make it clear that I like him. 😄

11 hours ago, MacBoyd said:

We had Sterling in there as well.

12 hours ago, Professor_Chang said:

Much better further forward 

Indeed.

Also much better than Lawrence further forward.

Also - Matondo is much better than Wright and linked well with Jefte.  OK, his final ball still leaves a lot to be desired, but he did cause their defence loads of problems.

If we can sign another CM and move Sterling back to RB or sign another RB and drop Tav, we will look so much better.

1 minute ago, Southsider said:

Indeed.

Also much better than Lawrence further forward.

Also - Matondo is much better than Wright and linked well with Jefte.  OK, his final ball still leaves a lot to be desired, but he did cause their defence loads of problems.

If we can sign another CM and move Sterling back to RB or sign another RB and drop Tav, we will look so much better.

I think our strongest team is now…

Butland

Tav Souttar Propper Jefte

Barron Sterling

Cerny Diomande Matondo

Dessers

Quite frightening given at least 3 of them should be no where near our starting 11.

A bit more like the PC power / pace model that we’d hoped would happen over the summer.

Wouldn’t surprise me to see Lawrence straight back in there though. 

I just don't. See it with this guy at all yesterday was a prime example of not even.lookimg for or wanting the ball from either wide left  or through his own channels .

He points to play it back the way rather than take a pass in space or even close quarters where you at least should be able to demonstrate a good first touch and seen the options for a pass or just charge on with the ball.

It's not encouraged by Clement otherwise we wouldn't be so fucking negative contrast Barron who came in as a sub and provided the midfield spark and mobility tackling and dig needed .

The games are passing him by and he's not demonstrating.anywhere near a sufficient contribution right now he's a waste of a jersey as is that Matondo.

He doesn't think on his feet with little or no anticipation that is a poor footballer when you can't even impose yourself on a game consistently.

On 18/08/2024 at 10:53, graeme_4 said:

I think our strongest team is now…

Butland

Tav Souttar Propper Jefte

Barron Sterling

Cerny Diomande Matondo

Dessers

Quite frightening given at least 3 of them should be no where near our starting 11.

A bit more like the PC power / pace model that we’d hoped would happen over the summer.

Wouldn’t surprise me to see Lawrence straight back in there though. 

I agree that's probably our strongest side right now, given Cortes' injury.

Which is pretty depressing, tbh

On 18/08/2024 at 11:12, STEPPS BOY said:

£4.5 million for him is absolutely mental when you watch him.

A midfielder who doesn’t really contribute much.

His fitness is also shocking. Every match he looks fucked by the 60th minute.

Does a nice Cruyff turn to beat one man and pass it 5 yards though.

13 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Does a nice Cruyff turn to beat one man and pass it 5 yards though.

He just never looks fully in control of the ball to me. He has a strange style, and has to improve two fold as I'm not really seeing it with him. 

In patches he looks decent at times but falls out the game for long periods.