Diomande

On 27/04/2024 at 13:11, Tiger Shaw said:

Or possibly the manager not wanting to take any risk with it. Must have been a fairly serious thumb injury if it required surgery so unlikely he would be thrown straight back in and risk it getting injured again and further surgery and him missing more games in the run in. Think it was probably the correct decision to leave him out for two games that we should have had enough about us to win without him.

I believe he had a plaster cast on and the rules state that you can't play with one on.

14 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

No idea how anybody can believe he was good today.

The standards at our club are so low from many fans these days.

I thought he was poor today but I do like the way he plays. He's quite a positive player. Does some daft things at times, but he does like to take people on, likes taking shots, makes himself available. 

We absolutely need a proper footballing CM alongside him though. 

9 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

No idea how anybody can believe he was good today.

The standards at our club are so low from many fans these days.

He wasn’t great but he still had a major part in our win with his part in the two goals which is more than can be said for majority of them.

14 hours ago, steven33jackie said:

Thought he was poor today but that could be done to him and Lundstram seemingly have no understanding of each others game. No doubt he is a good player but we are not getting the best out of him at the moment. I would like to see him partnered with Sterling or Raskin.

Raskin is not the answer 😂

I think he showed quite a lot today. He's always showing up for the ball. Usually looks for the attacking option and doesn't shy away from the physical. He's far from the finished article but there is very much the potential there to be a player we grow into a significant transfer fee.

9 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

£4.5 million in summer for a player who literally does the same as Jack, Raskin, Lundstram etc already do.

Bizarre.

Better than all them with far higher potential. Only player in the squad capable of breaking our transfer record sale.

I reckon we could flip him this summer if we really wanted to for double our money. Has better attributes than any of our other midfielders, just doesn’t know how to put it all together yet but he’ll get there. 

13 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

£4.5 million in summer for a player who literally does the same as Jack, Raskin, Lundstram etc already do.

Bizarre.

Nonsense. A forward thinking positive player who has plenty of potential.

Genuinely how can you compare him to those players? 
Jack and Lundstram are completely different players for a start

2 minutes ago, ElBufalo20 said:

Nonsense. A forward thinking positive player who has plenty of potential.

Genuinely how can you compare him to those players? 
Jack and Lundstram are completely different players for a start

I thought we were getting a proper number 8, a box to box midfielder but he’s just the same as the rest and stands behind the attacking line and offers nothing offensively.

2 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

I thought we were getting a proper number 8, a box to box midfielder but he’s just the same as the rest and stands behind the attacking line and offers nothing offensively.

He perhaps doesn’t break the lines of the attackers and get beyond the strikers like an Arfield however he does always look to play forward and be positive.

i like what I’ve seen so far to be honest could work with Raskin and Cantwell next season 

6 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Knew this boy wasn’t a proper B2B midfielder when folk were saying he’d played LB and LW too 

A proper B2B midfielder better be at the top of Koppen’s shopping list or he can GTF too. They picked up O’Reilly for peanuts and he’s the best player in the country. 

1 minute ago, psb07158 said:

Knew this boy wasn’t a proper B2B midfielder when folk were saying he’d played LB and LW too 

A proper B2B midfielder better be at the top of Koppen’s shopping list or he can GTF too. They picked up O’Reilly for peanuts and he’s the best player in the country. 

Bizarrely, Diomande is playing deeper than Lundstram most of the time just now.

So in summer are we looking for a 6 or is that where we see Diomande playing.