Diomande

Just now, Jamie0202 said:

Someone earlier in the thread mentioned something about surgery on the hand and anesthetic possibly being a factor?

He did have surgery on his thumb, and I suppose if you get tackled and fall then the best part of your hand is the thumb. 

Just wouldn't have been an injury that would keep anyone out years ago. But this is the world we live in now. 

15 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

I'm sure Barry Ferguson played a huge chunk of games for us through injury, taking injections in order to do so regularly.

It was always a done thing bk in the day to take pain killing injections to play. 

Later in life you pay for it. Not so much Barry, but his brother Derek is fucked (knees) because of it. I would imagine wee Durrant is the same. 

Diamonde looks good. 

Gets out of tight spaces well, good on the turn, looks not bad taking a strike at goal, plenty energy. But he's raw, gifts possession at times, loses ball when he simply can't in dangerous areas.

Next season again is growth season for him. One he needs to really establish himself.

Someone posted earlier they saw him as the central midfielder that could dictate the tempo. Be central and pivotal as a midfielder. Don't see that in him myself yet but its early days. We need that type of player, a nailed on starter, and I don't think anyone currently at the club can fulfil that role. Diamonde or Sterling will battle to be the support acts to him.

Not playing because of a thumb injury makes it seem as if the player doesn’t have the heart for the fight. However, if he did play it would be just our luck that the way he fell at some point in the game led to a bigger, more serious injury which kept him out for the rest of the season.

Then everyone would be on raging about our medical team again.

51 minutes ago, left winger said:

Not playing because of a thumb injury snakes it seem as if the player doesn’t have the heart for the fight. However, if he did play it would be just our luck that the way he fell at some point in the game led to a bigger, more serious injury which kept him out for the rest of the season.

Then everyone would be on raging about our medical team again.

Doubt it was the players choice to not play bit of a jump to say he doesn’t have the heart based on this.  

3 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Diamonde looks good. 

Gets out of tight spaces well, good on the turn, looks not bad taking a strike at goal, plenty energy. But he's raw, gifts possession at times, loses ball when he simply can't in dangerous areas.

Next season again is growth season for him. One he needs to really establish himself.

Someone posted earlier they saw him as the central midfielder that could dictate the tempo. Be central and pivotal as a midfielder. Don't see that in him myself yet but its early days. We need that type of player, a nailed on starter, and I don't think anyone currently at the club can fulfil that role. Diamonde or Sterling will battle to be the support acts to him.

Spot on.

If Lundstram goes we need someone coming in as a starter.

I liked the look of Alzate when he was linked, not sure how his season has gone.

3 hours ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Doubt it was the players choice to not play bit of a jump to say he doesn’t have the heart based on this.  

‘Makes (not snakes 🙄) it seem he doesn’t have the heart for the fight’. I would guess most folk’s initial thoughts would be along the lines of - it’s just his thumb. But it probably was a medical decision.

47 minutes ago, left winger said:

‘Makes (not snakes 🙄) it seem he doesn’t have the heart for the fight’. I would guess most folk’s initial thoughts would be along the lines of - it’s just his thumb. But it probably was a medical decision.

Or possibly the manager not wanting to take any risk with it. Must have been a fairly serious thumb injury if it required surgery so unlikely he would be thrown straight back in and risk it getting injured again and further surgery and him missing more games in the run in. Think it was probably the correct decision to leave him out for two games that we should have had enough about us to win without him.

9 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Diamonde looks good. 

I think he'd be excellent further forward, the way he takes the ball, turns, drives into space, has a burst over the first few yards, further up the park, further up the park he could unlock tight midfields and drag defenders out of position by driving at them

Might have seemed a small injury but you can’t play a game not being able to break your fall with your hand.

As a player he does some really good things. Wants a bit too much time though which he’ll need to improve and he’s never a ‘10’ if that’s what Jim means above.

7 hours ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

I think he'd be excellent further forward, the way he takes the ball, turns, drives into space, has a burst over the first few yards, further up the park, further up the park he could unlock tight midfields and drag defenders out of position by driving at them

Agreed. But we don't play a midfielder in there? We play a shite  no 10.

12 hours ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Might have seemed a small injury but you can’t play a game not being able to break your fall with your hand.

As a player he does some really good things. Wants a bit too much time though which he’ll need to improve and he’s never a ‘10’ if that’s what Jim means above.

Nope not a ten, but as one of the 2 sitting mids i feel he's too deep, the abilities he has work when teams press him, sitting deep most teams come to ibrox etc and think "nah fuck that press" and he becomes another one who takes a pass off either a fullback or centre half and shuffles it out wide or to his other sitting mid partner

Only system i could see fitting that is a 352 (no need for a number ten since we have two strikers) this constant 1 up top restricts your midfield setup a bit imo

Good again today. It’s so obvious watching him that his brain is so much quicker than most of our team. Was an incident in the first half he played it to Lundstram looking for the one two which would’ve had him driving at there defence. Instead Lundstram plays it back to the centre halves and then drops in between and slows everything down. Can’t wait to see him with a proper partner beside him next season.

Still not convinced but hoping he can come good. Didn't think he was particularly good today although not awful either. I felt he got bullied a few times by more physical players which is definitely something he will need to stand up to playing in Scotland. 

Benift of doubt for now.

Needs to get much better. The bumbashers always seam to have more wanks hit ground running than ours.

So wake up shape up fast, or get to fuck. 

We need to stop accepting not bad at our club, only good to excellent should be tolerated.