Diomande

Unfortunately for us O’Reilly is everything people look for in a modern midfielder - he’s big, athletic, powerful, possess a goal threat and is creative. He’s only 23 too so he’s got room to improve even more. They will get 20 million, or thereabouts, for him because that isn’t even a big fee for most clubs in the Premier League.

1 hour ago, bluenoz said:

The amount of people bigging up O'Reilly in a Diomande thread is enough to make you boak.

It was a discussion about Diomande’s potential value. Seems mad to discuss how he could reach that potential without discussing a player in our league who plays the same position and is likely to go for millions no? No one’s bigging him up either. We’re not sitting saying “Aw what a player he is.” and saying we love him. We’re talking the inarguable facts around him. 

Another in a long line of players who are neat and tidy but don’t have much of an effect on a game because they don’t score, the don’t assist and they aren’t particularly creative.

Some cunt at Ibrox has earned a fortune scouting players who fit that exact mould over the past six or seven years.

I called it after 15 minutes that he was out of his element. Two naïve fouls that could have cost us.

He is a young man playing in a hostile atmosphere. He won't be the first or last to crumble in that situation.

The difference between him and others is I believe he will come good. Just not today.

He should have been taken off in the first half, similar to the way Cantwell was. That's on Clement, as are so many other things today.

2 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Another in a long line of players who are neat and tidy but don’t have much of an effect on a game because they don’t score, the don’t assist and they aren’t particularly creative.

Some cunt at Ibrox has earned a fortune scouting players who fit that exact mould over the past six or seven years.

He's not really neat and tidy though. He constantly gives away possession. I'm really not seeing it with him at all. I hope I'm wrong.

There was a bit in the first half down the right tide with Sterling, just choking for him to overlap you could see a mile away he didnt want to get forward.  Knew he was out his depth today at that point. 

People have been wanting us the get players from "different leagues" and "before they are out of our reach" for years. This is it. This is what that looks like. This guy has bags of potential and he WILL come good. But he only comes good with game time. He hasnt been here long either. People need to get to grips with this. We will more than likely get many more players like this. People also wave the 4.5 million price tag around as in that is suppose to buy you the complete midfielder.. ffs what decade are you saying this from? He will come good. Have patience. I know we are all frustrated, but by fuck dont lose the head!!

Just now, johanhentze said:

People have been wanting us the get players from "different leagues" and "before they are out of our reach" for years. This is it. This is what that looks like. This guy has bags of potential and he WILL come good. But he only comes good with game time. He hasnt been here long either. People need to get to grips with this. We will more than likely get many more players like this. People also wave the 4.5 million price tag around as in that is suppose to buy you the complete midfielder.. ffs what decade are you saying this from? He will come good. Have patience. I know we are all frustrated, but by fuck dont lose the head!!

celtic signed Hatate and O’Riley for a combined 3 million.

4.5m in Scottish football is a big buy so with that comes expectation. Not to sit and wait a year or 2 for a player to show their worth.

We got Bassey, Aribo and a fee others for peanuts and they all showed more than this boy so far.

Not saying he won't come good but let's be honest bar the odd game he's been nothing better than what we have which is not good enough.

I'd be concerned throwing the guts of 5 million on him given what I've seen. 

5 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

celtic signed Hatate and O’Riley for a combined 3 million.

Yea. We also got Morelos for 1 million, but sometimes it requires and outlay.  I have no doubt that he will make us a lot of money.

4 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

4.5m in Scottish football is a big buy so with that comes expectation. Not to sit and wait a year or 2 for a player to show their worth.

We got Bassey, Aribo and a fee others for peanuts and they all showed more than this boy so far.

Not saying he won't come good but let's be honest bar the odd game he's been nothing better than what we have which is not good enough.

I'd be concerned throwing the guts of 5 million on him given what I've seen. 

He has been here only a few months. Bassey didnt get a game the first few months etc.. Aribo for peanuts... did he not have a big sign on fee? Big wages etc? He ventually became a big player for us, but it wasnt so at the start. We need to be patient.

2 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

He has been here only a few months. Bassey didnt get a game the first few months etc.. Aribo for peanuts... did he not have a big sign on fee? Big wages etc? He ventually became a big player for us, but it wasnt so at the start. We need to be patient.

Aribo wasn't anywhere near what this will cost. Development fee which is buttons. Same for Bassey 

For the money we are spending I expect a lot better than what I've seen so far.