Best Outcome for Europe IMO

6 hours ago, EastEnclosureBear said:

Best outcome was winning in it in Dublin

Yeah that wasn’t going to happen and you know it.

I’m hoping for a draw against an LOI team in Dublin next year for laughs. Even at the earliest stages it would be an interesting experience. 

3 hours ago, NehruTheDamaja said:

I’m hoping for a draw against an LOI team in Dublin next year for laughs. Even at the earliest stages it would be an interesting experience. 

But that is the best outcome… 

Aye, some laugh. 

I remember the mood during the early part of our run to Manchester .Speaking to folk in the run up to the games the mood was the same with most .Great if we go through .Not the end of the world if we go out as we can then concentrate on an important domestic campaign .

These days even though this domestic campaign is more important than 2008 ,The fact we have been to finals in recent memory we believe we are better than just last 16 and going deep is achievable.Even with a squad that’s struggling with injury we know it can be done .We should have won the last final without even having a fit striker .

Reckon the vast majority are gutted we are out now .No matter what the circumstances 

5 hours ago, NehruTheDamaja said:

There was a much higher chance of us reaching the final in Dublin than there is of us playing an Irish team in Europe next season.

2 minutes ago, beararse said:

The ‘best’ outcome would have been not getting fucked out of Europe by a (former) giant having gifted them two of their three goals that knocked us out. 

:lol:

what a pathetic wee man you are. That’s one of the most pathetic digs I’ve ever seen at our team tbh

tragic bastard 

11 hours ago, OrangeRab said:

It’s not the best outcome for the club. Getting to Dublin would have been.

Are our title chances higher? Probably. Squad is on its knees.

Just need a massive effort to get past Dundee and recoup.

This is exactly the way I see it.  Definitely not the best outcome but under the circumstances it should give the squad more breathing space.  Hopefully boosting our chances in the league and Scottish Cup.  A treble would ease the pain of going out of Europe.

1 hour ago, RFC55 said:

:lol:

what a pathetic wee man you are. That’s one of the most pathetic digs I’ve ever seen at our team tbh

tragic bastard 

Wind yer fucking neck in.

Explain how it’s pathetic’ and ‘tragic’ and a dig at the team?

It’s a statement of fact and, if you actually bother to consider the context of the post, is a response to the OP saying us getting knocked out was the ‘best outcome’.

The ‘best’ outcome was not getting knocked out the competition.

AND we had a major hand in all 3 of their goals.

Unless of course you believe the best outcome was getting knocked out and that we didn’t gift them goals.

1 hour ago, The Godfather said:

Place is full of complete bell ends man. Digging us for nit getting into the quarters with a threadbare squad against teams who spend 100 million building squads.

They don't deserve to follow us

100% - numbers who stayed back to applaud the team yesterday show this is a minority view thankfully.

people forget just how shite we were before PC came in, and how many injuries we have.

4 minutes ago, beararse said:

Wind yer fucking neck in.

Explain how it’s pathetic’ and ‘tragic’ and a dig at the team?

It’s a statement of fact and, if you actually bother to consider the context of the post, is a response to the OP saying us getting knocked out was the ‘best outcome’.

The ‘best’ outcome was not getting knocked out the competition.

AND we had a major hand in all 3 of their goals.

Unless of course you believe the best outcome was getting knocked out and that we didn’t gift them goals.

“Former” you know what you were doing ya fucking crank. They spend and make millions each year selling and buying their talent.

was a pathetic post from a silly wee man 

1 hour ago, The Godfather said:

Place is full of complete bell ends man. Digging us for nit getting into the quarters with a threadbare squad against teams who spend 100 million building squads.

They don't deserve to follow us

Read the fucking post. It’s not a dig at the team. It’s a dig at the OP.

And referring to Benfica as a former giant doesn’t ignore the fact they have spent 100 million on a squad. So have the entire bottom half of the EPL. Spending money doesn’t make them European giants. Winning European trophies does. Would you consider Nottingham Forest a European giant if we faced them In the EL?

Rather than calling people bell ends and questioning their support perhaps you should refrain from fan boy reactions and consider the context comments are actually made.

2 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

“Former” you know what you were doing ya fucking crank. They spend and make millions each year selling and buying their talent.

was a pathetic post from a silly wee man 

So does the bottom half the EPL. Doesn’t make any of them European giants. Would you class Forest as Euro giants or FORMER Euro giants?

I also notice  you never responded to the other parts of my reply so I’ll ask again.

Was getting knocked out the ‘best outcome’  and did we gift them their goals?

1 minute ago, beararse said:

So does the bottom half the EPL. Doesn’t make any of them European giants. Would you class Forest as Euro giants or FORMER Euro giants?

I also notice  you never responded to the other parts of my reply so I’ll ask again.

Was getting knocked out the ‘best outcome’  and did we gift them their goals?

I’d class Nottingham forest as a diddy club who had a successful period i their history, benfica are fighting for trophies every single season.

Sorry I can’t really be fucked replying to anything else you ask 

32 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

I’d class Nottingham forest as a diddy club who had a successful period i their history, benfica are fighting for trophies every single season.

Sorry I can’t really be fucked replying to anything else you ask 

Aye, competing every single season domestically.

Rangers and celtic fight for trophies every single season. Does that make both European giants (which is what the OP claimed Benfica are)? Nope it does not.

We've both won European trophies but, at best, we could be described as FORMER European giants.  

35 minutes ago, beararse said:

“Former” you know what you were doing ya fucking crank

Benfica last won a European trophy 62 years ago. Since the turn of the century have they reached 2 Europa League finals. So have Rangers. 

So, how am i a 'fucking crank' by saying FORMER?

And since you 'cant be fucked' replying to explain how i'm 'pathetic' and 'tragic' I'll assume you agree that 1. The 'best' outcome is not to get fucked out a competition (or 'knocked out' if 'fucked out' is too strong a phrase for your liking), and 2. We gifted Benfica their goals.

10 hours ago, Albertz85 said:

In defence of OP I think he basically meant this but maybe poor choice of wording.

That’s exactly what he meant. We’re all disappointed as they were there for the taking but it’s done and we now have no major distractions outwith the semi final so 3 points on Sunday is now the focus.

3 minutes ago, beararse said:

Aye, competing every single season domestically.

Rangers and celtic fight for trophies every single season. Does that make both European giants (which is what the OP claimed Benfica are)? Nope it does not.

We've both won European trophies but, at best, we could be described as FORMER European giants.  

Benfica last won a European trophy 62 years ago. Since the turn of the century have they reached 2 Europa League finals. So have Rangers. 

So, how am i a 'fucking crank' by saying FORMER?

And since you 'cant be fucked' replying to explain how i'm 'pathetic' and 'tragic' I'll assume you agree that 1. The 'best' outcome is not to get fucked out a competition (or 'knocked out' if 'fucked out' is too strong a phrase for your liking), and 2. We gifted Benfica their goals.

:hit:

10 hours ago, Albertz85 said:

In defence of OP I think he basically meant this but maybe poor choice of wording.

Wrote this thread in like 30 seconds straight after the final whistle after 5 pints and regretted it ever since

But yes that is pretty much exactly what I meant to say 

2 hours ago, beararse said:

The ‘best’ outcome would have been not getting fucked out of Europe by a (former) giant having gifted them two of their three goals that knocked us out. 

Really dont think we got fucked out at all - think the players can be proud of last night despite not progressing 

50 minutes ago, beararse said:

Read the fucking post. It’s not a dig at the team. It’s a dig at the OP.

And referring to Benfica as a former giant doesn’t ignore the fact they have spent 100 million on a squad. So have the entire bottom half of the EPL. Spending money doesn’t make them European giants. Winning European trophies does. Would you consider Nottingham Forest a European giant if we faced them In the EL?

Rather than calling people bell ends and questioning their support perhaps you should refrain from fan boy reactions and consider the context comments are actually made.

I read the post.

You are a moron