*****The Official Dundee v Rangers Match Thread*****

6 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

If the situation was reversed and Celtic had the chance to play an away game at a neutral venue, behind closed doors, to go top of the league then I’d be kicking up fuck too and I hope the club would be as well.

But that's not our fault. It's the SPFL and Dundee's, this game needs to be accommodated before the split, or it starts knocking on to other teams even moreso.

The SPFL had multiple opportunities to properly assess this situation and realise that pitch was never going to be playable, even the Motherwell game shouldn't have went ahead.

If it comes to it, that through the SPFL and Dundee's negligence this game needs to go ahead behind closed doors at a neutral venue, we both lose supporters and the game comes down to the two teams' mentality and sporting ability in that situation on the day. That's quite fair to both us and Dundee.

What advantages does he think Dundee will be losing and us gaining from that scenario?

This game needs played.

10 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

If the situation was reversed and celtic had the chance to play an away game at a neutral venue, behind closed doors, to go top of the league then I’d be kicking up fuck too and I hope the club would be as well.

What's the alternative if they don't have a pitch fit for purpose?

2 hours ago, Loyal72 said:

I think the point he’s trying to make is that the original option date (3/4, before scum game) was never really an option as the pitch was already unplayable. So they opted for 10/4 but the pitch didn’t improve and the SPFL is now halfway up Shite Street and they’ve lost their map.

25 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

If the situation was reversed and Celtic had the chance to play an away game at a neutral venue, behind closed doors, to go top of the league then I’d be kicking up fuck too and I hope the club would be as well.

But how far do you let it go though, it could easily be off again next week if it's still at Dens

15 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

I think the point he’s trying to make is that the original option date (3/4, before scum game) was never really an option as the pitch was already unplayable. So they opted for 10/4 but the pitch didn’t improve and the SPFL is now halfway up Shite Street and they’ve lost their map.

The point is Jim White is a cunt and shouldn't be given such a public opinion.

Him and Jordan pointing at big bad Rangers yesterday for our boards statement whilst blatantly ignoring the entire problem being Dundees and theirs alone.

Fuck them and their tragic platform.

42 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Tbh that’s a ludicrous idea and a non starter.

We would gain a significant advantage as it effectively would give us 20 home games this season.

There’s all sorts of conspiracies about favouring certain teams over another but this would blow Scottish football up.

Such is life if your ground is unplayable 4 weeks in a row.

It is the most common sense approach to flip the fixture to the other clubs ground. Takes a 3rd party out of the process, and reduces the financial burden.

Makes far more sense than playing it at St Johnstone or Hibs behind closed doors. 

4 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

celtic won a league cup with an offside goal, a Scottish cup played the season after their opponents were relegated and they won a title via zoom call. Forgive me for not feeling an ounce of sympathy, Chris.

He's a fucking troll and should be ignored at all times.

Replying, retweeting, sharing his troll posts and comments only keep him relevant when he shouldn't be.

8 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

celtic won a league cup with an offside goal, a Scottish cup played the season after their opponents were relegated and they won a title via zoom call. Forgive me for not feeling an ounce of sympathy, Chris.

To be fair, there were only three of them offside so you can see it was just a simple wee mistake…

IMG_0076.thumb.jpeg.d2ce37d4efe40a961d79b5e825b43e52.jpeg

25 minutes ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

But how far do you let it go though, it could easily be off again next week if it's still at Dens

Dundee's pitch is that bad it's going to be an issue going forward, not just for our game I would think.

A solution needs to be found that allows some sort of consistency going forward that minimises disadvantage or giving advantage to Dundee's opponents in one off games for the remainder of their league games and allow games to be attended by fans. This isn't just an us v Celtic thing.

The SPFL can only fine Dundee for the state of the pitch, like they did with Motherwell. They can't tell them to enter into agreements with other clubs, Dundee need to do that on their own, but they can be sanctioned to the point where they need to do it.

I would be fining them for the first and second postponements of our games and any postponements going forward. This would put Dundee in a position where they have to come to a commercial agreement with another club for the remainder of the season, or risk being fined every game with a potential threat of failing to fulfil their fixtures and having points deductions / awards of 3-0 losses.

I would hope that would mean Dundee would be in a position where they would have to go to United, or St Johnstone or whoever and pay them for the use of their ground for the rest of the season, and in United's case, come to an agreement on installing the VAR equipment there. United are likely going to need it next season anyway so they may welcome that.

If it doesn't exist, clubs should be trying to force a rule change in the summer that would give the SPFL the power to direct Dundee in the summer to either pay the money to fix the drainage, or nominate another ground for the entirety of the 2024/25 SPFL season.

I can't really blame the SPFL at all for this situation, it is down to Dundee, and those morons Nelms and Drysdale.

33 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I can't really blame the SPFL at all for this situation, it is down to Dundee, and those morons Nelms and Drysdale.

I can, everyone knew the game wouldnt go ahead on wednesday due to the weather forecast for Dundee, they should have made contingency plans before the game that if it was called off again where and when it would be played,  instead the idiots are giving them a third go at it .

1 hour ago, SkylineBlue said:

Dont forget Legia Warsaw. 

1 hour ago, Loyal72 said:

But that's not our fault. It's the SPFL and Dundee's, this game needs to be accommodated before the split, or it starts knocking on to other teams even moreso.

The SPFL had multiple opportunities to properly assess this situation and realise that pitch was never going to be playable, even the Motherwell game shouldn't have went ahead.

If it comes to it, that through the SPFL and Dundee's negligence this game needs to go ahead behind closed doors at a neutral venue, we both lose supporters and the game comes down to the two teams' mentality and sporting ability in that situation on the day. That's quite fair to both us and Dundee.

What advantages does he think Dundee will be losing and us gaining from that scenario?

This game needs played.

I suppose they could schedule a couple of matchdays with the teams who can’t make the top six and the teams who can. If they do this I bet they play the game at the piggery in these games as that will be one massive squirrel. A fkd up way to go if it’s cancelled again but doable.

2 hours ago, Loyal72 said:

See this fucking retard? Actually trying to say the game being moved, might go against Sporting Integrity 😂

They are all bloody nuts, I replied to his post a while ago on X and he was getting some amount of ridicule. :pipe:

2 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Dundee's pitch is that bad it's going to be an issue going forward, not just for our game I would think.

A solution needs to be found that allows some sort of consistency going forward that minimises disadvantage or giving advantage to Dundee's opponents in one off games for the remainder of their league games and allow games to be attended by fans. This isn't just an us v Celtic thing.

The SPFL can only fine Dundee for the state of the pitch, like they did with Motherwell. They can't tell them to enter into agreements with other clubs, Dundee need to do that on their own, but they can be sanctioned to the point where they need to do it.

I would be fining them for the first and second postponements of our games and any postponements going forward. This would put Dundee in a position where they have to come to a commercial agreement with another club for the remainder of the season, or risk being fined every game with a potential threat of failing to fulfil their fixtures and having points deductions / awards of 3-0 losses.

I would hope that would mean Dundee would be in a position where they would have to go to United, or St Johnstone or whoever and pay them for the use of their ground for the rest of the season, and in United's case, come to an agreement on installing the VAR equipment there. United are likely going to need it next season anyway so they may welcome that.

If it doesn't exist, clubs should be trying to force a rule change in the summer that would give the SPFL the power to direct Dundee in the summer to either pay the money to fix the drainage, or nominate another ground for the entirety of the 2024/25 SPFL season.

I just don't believe the SPFL would have been so disinterested if it had been the tarreirs who were in our situation.

They run the league and should have been taking the lead in sorting it out long before it got to this Wednesday. All IMO of course. 

4 hours ago, Loyal72 said:

See this fucking retard? Actually trying to say the game being moved, might go against Sporting Integrity 😂

Shouldn’t give this cunt and that rag the hits as that’s why they pay him:

Celtic could be the real losers of Dundee and Rangers pitch farce – Chris ‘I wank off dogs’ Sutton

The Record Sport columnist wades into the Dundee debacle and Aberdeen's VAR shock while hailing the peado’s unsung Old Firm hero.

There have been so many tears over this Dundeegame there is a real danger of Ibrox being just as waterlogged as Dens Park. 

There’s no escaping the fact it is a shambles and big questions have to be answered about the state of that surface. But spare me the talk this is only bad for Rangers. It could actually turn out worse for the peado club. i know they have the possibility of going four points clear at the top of the table now and no guarantee Rangers will get this one done next midweek. But if if does take place on Wednesday and results go Dundee’s at the weekend, the pressure could be totally off them.

They could already be assured of a top six place and rather than scrapping to get in, they might feel the hard work is done. There’s also talk of taking it to a neutral venue or behind closed doors but it goes back to the old sporting integrity line, doesn’t it?

The whole point of playing at home is that there is meant to be some kind of advantage. Look, Rangers hitting five up there earlier in the season suggests it’s not much of an advantage, but it’s meant to be a level playing field – even if it is a mud heap.

The whole situation is a mess. I don’t actually blame Rangers for not playing last week. It wasn’t their fault the game went off originally and while some people are panning them for not playing it at the earliest opportunity, they have every right to do it when they see fit.

This is all on Dundee. I had to chuckle when I heard them blaming global warming. It might be some microclimate up there when there’s a pristine surface 100 yards across the street at Tannadice.

They might be calling in Greta Thunberg for back up, but, either way, it doesn’t look good for Scottish football. Likewise this Aberdeen VAR fiasco. That really is an unbelievable story and the SFA trying to go back and say they got it right, even though they guessed at the time, is some cheek.

They simply couldn’t overturn that decision if the technology failed. If the Hawkeye was on the blink they they had to do it the old fashioned way by letting the officials on the pitch make the call.

You can’t then squint at a screen and then hope for the best. I’m fully behind Aberdeen’s stance as they had every right to be angry. 

If that happened in Sunday’s derby we would have needed to call in the UN this week. This was a result that could have massive ramifications to the final standings in the league – and it could cost clubs serious cash. The SFA are really going to need to have a long look about how they are running VAR because the mistakes are piling up.

It’s a shame to have this pitch and VAR nonsense on the back of last weekend, where Scottish football was shown in the best possible light. The Old Firm game was a tremendous showcase – then days later it’s back to the circus. It’s drama we want, not chaos. Hopefully there will be more of the former this weekend and none of the latter.

The season is now at the crucial stage and there can be no slip ups in the title race. It will be interesting to see if the peados kick on now with the likes of McGregor the ray and the Hatate prick coming back to fitness.

The one thing you noticed last weekend was the bench was much stronger than it has been. You look at the impact the cock Idah had when he came on. There’s an argument he should have been introduced sooner, but he put himself about and was unlucky not to be the match winner.

I thought some of the criticism of Jack Butland was harsh as it was a tremendous finish from the Irishman for the third goal, through the defender and right down low towards the keeper’s leg. If it wasn’t for Rabbi Matondo’s sublime equaliser, the cock Idah would have gone down as an Old Firm hero.

As it was, he has only added to his case for a permanent transfer this summer. That’s six goals in just nine games for Idah – and only six starts– and I’m sure Norwich City fans will be wondering where it’s come from.

I don’t. I’ve always said he has ability and sometimes it just needs a change of scenery for a player to spark into life. By all accounts Idah was the one who really pushed for the move to the peados and he’s really grabbed his chance. It wasn’t easy when he came in but he’s won over a lot of supporters.

There was some talk when he arrived that it would cost around £3m to get him on a permanent deal and if that’s the figure this summer, it would be an absolute steal. Idah has shown he can bring something different to the attack. The jap diver will always be the main man when fit, but it’s important to have a different option in certain games or coming off the bench.

When you consider some of the cash spent on strikers at the peados in recent years, that would be small change to land a player who still has more developing to do and plenty of potential. If Idah does the business in the remainder of the campaign it would be a crying shame not to buy him.

It's obviously an advantage to us if we don't have to play on that shitty pitch, but it's hardly a sporting integrity issue.

If it's played at St Johnstone in a similar sized ground not too far from Dundee, I don't see the issue.

If it was moved to a much larger ground and a lot more "away" fans were allowed in, then they might have something to moan about.

The Manager put it all in a nutshell ...... "The weather is not at fault here ... Dundee FC are".

The amount of money and time we alone have spent in being ready to play this fixture .... could have had any drainage problems sorted sharp sharp ... for the whole of fucking Angus ... never mind Dens Park.

🇬🇧