Tav's time is up.

In terms of an OF game that meant something regarding going for a title or a cup, tav has won 1 out of the last 15 he has played in or close to that (the ET cup win at hampden) 

Thats an absolutely horrendous record for a Rangers captain, absolutely horrendous

1 hour ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

Scoring from set pieces is low, my frustration is that we try about 3 or 4 and they dont work, so then try another 20

Mind morelos goal at home to red star on way to seville, wee change in our set piece tactic and it worked, might never work again but we tried something different

Warburton used to get slaughtered for short corners, id fucking love us to go back to them for a while to try something different 

I noticed County done a short corner that involved a lay off. 

Good pace on they deliveries.

8 minutes ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

Seen this on twitter, absolutely appalling record, not all on him but he's been there and major part of it 

Screenshot_20240415-205706_X.jpg

I'm far from Tavs biggest fan and would alway prioritise defensive ability over anything else in his position...

BUT, that stat list is pretty unfair and needs a bit if context and perspective.  Tav joined us we weren't even in the top division.  He's been here through Pedro Caixinha and Graeme Murty while they were stock piling cash for our return.  It's been an uphill battle for him due to the extraordinary circumstances.

19 minutes ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

Seen this on twitter, absolutely appalling record, not all on him but he's been there and major part of it 

If the 18 mistakes leading to goals is accurate, that’s an horrendous statistic, but if true, there will also be input in that from other players. But everything else is a team stat - not solely a Tav stat.

It would possibly be fairer to criticise every other regular first teamer over the last few years for not being able to dislodge him from his role. And his managers.

12 minutes ago, RealWorldRich said:

I'm far from Tavs biggest fan and would alway prioritise defensive ability over anything else in his position...

BUT, that stat list is pretty unfair and needs a bit if context and perspective.  Tav joined us we weren't even in the top division.  He's been here through Pedro Caixinha and Graeme Murty while they were stock piling cash for our return.  It's been an uphill battle for him due to the extraordinary circumstances.

Away ye go with that pish. 

For context, if he'd arrived in 2018 with Gerrard he'd have still cost us more goals against celtic than anyone else. 

23 minutes ago, RealWorldRich said:

Its still going to be his record, and since gerrard arrived if ive counted correctly tav has played in 24 OF games and won 7, an absolutely abysmal record still

You don't have to be the best player to be captain. But captains like Steve Bruce, Tony Adams or Jordan Henderson were true leaders who brought success to their teams. Our very own Richard Gough and Terry Butcher were leaders by example.

Tav's way of leading is running half way down the park to take a throw-in.

We need a change.

I've said it before...and i'll continue to say it. Can anyone honestly remember when he last stopped a cross at source? He dangles a leg at it...but he never actually stops them. It's as rare a Goldson taking the ball to the face. It just doesn't happen!

2 hours ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

Literally written in their colours.

Even finishes it off with some Chris Sutton patter.

Wonder how the author would describe you...

1 hour ago, Loyal72 said:

It should be his last season as Rangers captain, at the very least.

I'd say it should be his last at the club, believe he's contracted until 2027 though.

27? Tell me that's a typo ffs

4 hours ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

31 points from a possible 109 against celtic AND 68 points lost in old firm games? 

Something doesn’t add up.

109-31 is 78.

Makes you wonder if some of the other stuff listed is a lot of shite too..

.The truth is that Tav has made up for the lack of a midfielder or striker who is the free kick/penalty taker.

In having that weakness up front, he has taken up positions that have at the same time left us vulnerable at the back.

Our ability to defend against any team that is willing to attack with pace i.e. celtic and now Ross County is terrible.

Not just Tav, Goldson and Barasic are hopeless against anyone running at them plus Lunny had a bad game compared to his last few as did Lawrence.

A bad result but not the end of the World yet, the whole team need to take responsibility for that display.