Tav's time is up.

7 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

I felt Tav looked lost at times today, certainly not a captain rallying his players.

I think he is a nice guy with an incredible record of goals and assists for us, but surely it would be best for him and the team for him to move on. 

He's done in mentally with the captain's tag, had been all along imo, crucial spot kicks yes, but there's always been something missing with his leadership. 

1 minute ago, superallysbears said:

He's done in mentally with the captain's tag, had been all along imo, crucial spot kicks yes, but there's always been something missing with his leadership. 

I actually hoped Gerrard would appoint a new captain so it is not a new opinion from myself.

If he stays surely Phil will pick a new captain, but probably best if Tav left now and enjoyed just playing without the huge burden of being captain at a team like Rangers. 

5 minutes ago, AberfeldyBlue said:

Listened to a speech that Bomber gave in the Cooper suite today - total Battle fever in a sentence

He spoke with more genuine passion than I have ever heard Tav utter

Bin it and move on ffs

Any number of the core of that team Bomber played in could have been captains. Gough, Ian Ferguson, Bomber, McCall, Robertson, all had the hearts of lions. 

We sadly lack that vocal leadership and passion these days. They had to give Bomber a paper bag to blow into to calm him down before Old Firm games ffs. 

I think we became too "nice", and we need to get a ruthless streak back in us.

Just now, superallysbears said:

If he stays and the manager goes with the same "leadership group" then I think the that group see off another manager before October, hopefully him and Goldson are away over the summer.

I do hope Phil can see what they could do to him if they stay. We need someone to buy them though.

I would love the story about Gerrard coming in for them to be true. 🤞

2 hours ago, OrangeRab said:

Didn’t learn anything we didn’t already know.

Legs done for the season.

If he can come back after pre season with his pace back then fine. He’s a good player when he can run. If not then pointless keeping him.

Don't trust our medical + sports science team to make a competent judgement on that though. 

Totally outdone on his captaincy today. McGregor all over the ref all game. Hart gets a goal disallowed with some “clever” theatrics.

If he stays he cannot be captain next year.

Problem is, his season ended in March, to all intents & purposes.

In line with your ‘legs done’ remark (which I agree with totally), where does that leave us?

A good pre-season sounds ok, but what happens when he tails off in March again?

We’ve had a warning this season.

If he can’t roll back time, I don’t see anything better next season.

And your comparison with that other wee shite is spot on.

1 hour ago, Inigo said:

He's done now, but I feel sorry for him.  He's a good player, but he's been expected to be what he's not. In the right Rangers team, used properly, he'd have won a lot. As it is he's been set up as a failed captain, and I think it couldnhave been better for him.

I think he could still be useful but played in a different way from the way he has played the last 9 years.

Less of the bombing forward and focus on defending and reading the game infront of him, let the guys infront of him take the attacking burden.

25 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

I think he could still be useful but played in a different way from the way he has played the last 9 years.

Less of the bombing forward and focus on defending and reading the game infront of him, let the guys infront of him take the attacking burden.

He can’t defend mate. Never has been able to. 

4 minutes ago, crmpicco said:

We might have to take a financial hit and move Tavernier on. I honestly can’t wait to see the back of this guy

I doubt anybody would take him on the money he's on, outside of Saudi and maybe the states.

Same with Goldson. 

4 hours ago, Negri's lovechild said:

Tav is not and never will be a decent defender, if he cant attack he's useless

4 hours ago, Negri's lovechild said:

Fuck that. He is either capable or not. He is not. Changing the game to suit one guy ffs. We already tried that years ago by playing him forward with a right back behind him. Get rid.

7 hours ago, Negri's lovechild said:

It looked like he tried that yesterday.

Maeda still escaped from him almost every time it was played up to him.

Albeit it seemed like a lot of the threat was reduced when Maeda didn’t have half a pitch to run into.

9 hours ago, Bears r us said:

not a captain rallying his players

Watched the Richard Gough Icons of Scottish Football just before yesterday’s game.  That’s a captain.  Not saying Tav wasn’t a good asset but lacked that authority aura for me.  Like my captains to have a fear factor.