Tav's time is up.

8 minutes ago, Moody Blue Legend said:

Watched the Richard Gough Icons of Scottish Football just before yesterday’s game.  That’s a captain.  Not saying Tav wasn’t a good asset but lacked that authority aura for me.  Like my captains to have a fear factor.

Tbf Tav does have that, just not in the way we want.

Just now, graeme_4 said:

He’s hit a brick wall.

Time to move him on, and appoint a new captain. Can’t carry him next season. 

And I say that even with a birthday card from him today :lol: 

IMG_5740.jpeg

What can the poor guy do to catch a break ffs

32 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Yeah he can't run at all now, genuinely looks close to retirement. Maybe because he's never been injured and played virtually every game we have played since the championship but enough is enough.

He's been an excellent servant for the outlay but it's been a season too long now. We need the 2 full backs revamped badly 

Have been a big supporter of Tav but agree he looks so much slower - do wonder if it’s age or number of games he’s played but definitely an issue if the former, so much of his game was based on his mobility going forward.  However the club do it though when he goes he deserves a big send off, no one (managers or players) has done more at the club in the last decade.

11 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

He’s hit a brick wall.

IMG_5740.jpeg

No wonder he looks done, too much time signing all those birthday cards.

15 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

He’s hit a brick wall.

IMG_5740.jpeg

I still have a framed letter from Gerrard wishing me well for my wedding.

1 hour ago, Moody Blue Legend said:

Watched the Richard Gough Icons of Scottish Football just before yesterday’s game.  That’s a captain.  Not saying Tav wasn’t a good asset but lacked that authority aura for me.  Like my captains to have a fear factor.

I have never understood why so many managers have kept him as captain, probably because when he had speed and scored and assisted so many goals they thought it would inspire other players. 

Whatever has been in the past keeping him as captain surely has to change. 

5 hours ago, BlueboyG said:

I started a thread this time last year, saying it was time for a new captain as the writing was on the wall, hes not a leader and although his numbers were good we were winning fuck all, i got slaughtered on the thread :lol:

It seems like most have finally caught up.

Although there's still a few expecting his pace to come back next season. 🤣

4 hours ago, BlueboyG said:

I started a thread this time last year, saying it was time for a new captain as the writing was on the wall, hes not a leader and although his numbers were good we were winning fuck all, i got slaughtered on the thread :lol:

It seems like most have finally caught up.

Although there's still a few expecting his pace to come back next season. 🤣 

1 hour ago, graeme_4 said:

He’s hit a brick wall.

IMG_5740.jpeg

Happy Birthday!

1 hour ago, King Jela said:

He's absolutely correct though. Sterling and Balogun were working doubly hard to cover for his clear as day weaknesses. 

I'm fed up with the guy and have been for years. 

He's the luckiest Rangers player that's ever existed, for me. 

Exactly, before now they would have had to cover for his defensive frailties, which is absolutely fine and normal with more attacking full backs. Now they're having to cover for his complete lack of an engine too which is impossible.

Its just painful to watch now. For his own sake, he needs moved on. Has been a great servant for us, and had he played in better teams, he would have had more to show for it.

But a Rangers captain can't survive so many lost trophies. And his defensive frailties getting really exposed now as he loses his pace.

In both parties interests now to shake hands, give him a good send off and move on.

1 hour ago, BlueboyG said:

Ive been fighting with others about tav for years now, 

For all the good he done going forward, every single time an opponents left mid got the ball you'd think "here we go again" 

I still remember rob fucking kiernan of all people slaughtering him at ibrox in an OF game because he lost his man at the backpost and we conceded the losing goal lol

1 minute ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

Ive been fighting with others about tav for years now, 

For all the good he done going forward, every single time an opponents left mid got the ball you'd think "here we go again" 

I still remember rob fucking kiernan of all people slaughtering him at ibrox in an OF game because he lost his man at the backpost and we conceded the losing goal lol

He was done last season, as ive said plenty of times before his numbers are good but his defending is costing us goals, if we had a decent striker we wouldnt need his numbers. I honestly reckon Clement will have him here as captain next season, hope im wrong.

1 minute ago, BlueboyG said:

He was done last season, as ive said plenty of times before his numbers are good but his defending is costing us goals, if we had a decent striker we wouldnt need his numbers. I honestly reckon Clement will have him here as captain next season, hope im wrong.

Wonder if he'll be phased out like the tarriers did with bent eye boyd under jansen, he was still club captain and got the odd game, but lambert was made onfield captain 

Wouldn't mind that if we get someone else in and tav gets the odd game here and there, and as much as the money was good, we could really fucking do with nathan Patterson right about now

Sound bites in the paper today about needing to use the summer rebuild as "fuel for next season". Same old shite from him. Always failing to "learn" from things he'll learn from. At this rate we'll have more fuel than a petrol station before he leaves 

On 26/05/2024 at 10:06, G.E.C. said:

I still have a framed letter from Gerrard wishing me well for my wedding.

I’ve got a Gerrard framed photograph with signed boot that I got at a charity auction.

Was going to get rid, but the way things are going I’ll hang on and sell it to the Rangers museum for thousands, on the 25th anniversary of our last title win.

Should sort out the care home fees…

8 hours ago, Madina said:

Sound bites in the paper today about needing to use the summer rebuild as "fuel for next season". Same old shite from him. Always failing to "learn" from things he'll learn from. At this rate we'll have more fuel than a petrol station before he leaves 

He's the "fuel" for the rebuild.  Get whatever we can for him and reinvest.

He can go somewhere else to "learn".