*****The Official Ross County V Rangers Match Thread*****

6 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

Shankland would have won us the league but we couldn’t get him we we’re skint ,loans was all we could get clement admitted that 

There was interest in Yilmaz & nobody else has since proved indispensable.

I don’t believe there was nothing we could do.

In any event, deals are usually paid in stages, to manage cash flow.

The money could have been found.

25 minutes ago, HG5 said:

We may live to regret failing to do whatever it took to get Shankland in January.

All the armchair experts with their ‘too old’, ‘too much’, ‘too slow’, ‘no resale value’, etc.

They think we’re a normal club, in normal circumstances.

Normal we most certainly are not.

The only priority is beating the scum to the title.

This year above all others when the CL booty is so much more & could well make the difference for years to come.

Not sure if it was ever an option. But we should have risked it all to get him.

We would have had a better shot at winning the title this year with him than we do next years with any pitiful rebuild in the Summer we can muster.

Next season will be massive underdogs. We have to replace Tav, Goldson, Lundstrum and sign 3-4 quality players on top of that with a shoestring budget.

They have another 50 million to spend on top of some sellable assets

3 minutes ago, Moody Blue Legend said:

Honestly can’t ever remember him being good pre injury.  Never seen it in him at all.

Same here mate.

Goal tally helped enormously by a couple of keeper howlers.

Always seems to pick the wrong option between passing & shooting.

And been very self indulgent since returning, although I kind of understand a desire to make an impact.

That said, his header at Easter Road was a thing of beauty & reminded me of Colin Stein’s there to clinch the league after all those years.

4 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

Not sure if it was ever an option. But we should have risked it all to get him.

We would have had a better shot at winning the title this year with him than we do next years with any pitiful rebuild in the Summer we can muster.

Next season will be massive underdogs. We have to replace Tav, Goldson, Lundstrum and sign 3-4 quality players on top of that with a shoestring budget.

They have another 50 million to spend on top of some sellable assets

My thoughts exactly, mate👍

10 minutes ago, Swagger said:

Few weeks ago we had a real chance. Motherwell was bad but that was the one bad result out of the way  - put it behind us. celtic at home then Dundee was going to be the chance to put a bit of daylight between them and us at the top - we’d be 5 points clear going into the split. 

Only snag was we are still stuck with the same losers who have let us down over and over

We really shouldn’t be surprised but I honestly can’t believe how bad that was today. Fucking scunnered 

I just went out a walk to try and shake off how pissed off I've been since that abomination of a second half.  It never really worked, I spent the entire time stewing on the 6 points we've surrendered to Motherwell and Ross County.  We should be 2 points clear with a game in hand and superior goal difference but we've absolutely fucked it with shambolic performances.

Ironically if you'd told me before Clement came in we'd have the chance to go 1 point behind heading into the split I'd have taken it, so while we've went from being favourites to underdogs, at least we're still in the race.

2 hours ago, Zappa6995 said:

It's quite a task tbf. given what he has to work with.

It’s not going to get much better if they spend double what we do again in the summer.

You’re right it’s a tough task but whether it’s this season, next or or the one after that we’re either resigning to second or expecting our manager to have us punching above our weight.

Thing is, they will probably drop points, particularly away at Killie. The difference is they shoot themselves in the foot, we just blow our leg off and completely implode. 

Our inability to shake off a bad performance, result etc is frightening in all honesty. 

8 minutes ago, Nk89 said:

How has McCausland went from playing every game to not even getting a sub appearance

Maybe some pish like Silva getting guaranteed minutes or something. for what it's worth I'd play McCausland ahead of him if he's fit.

11 minutes ago, Nk89 said:

How has McCausland went from playing every game to not even getting a sub appearance

Because he’s absolutely awful, nowhere near ready or probably will never be of the required standard. For all Matondo is a one trick pony so is McCausland. Same cut in side rubbish.  

20 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

Because, other than Sima, the guys starting in front of him are miles below the standard required and he's miles below them.

Based on games at Rangers McCausland is not miles below, Wright, Matondo or Silva. 

5 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

He’s better than Wright, and he’s better on the right than Matondo. He should also be ahead of Silva.

Ideally they'd all be away. I cant be bothered arguing about the pecking order of 4 players who shouldn't be near out starting 11.

1 hour ago, Prso's headband said:

Thing is, they will probably drop points, particularly away at Killie. The difference is they shoot themselves in the foot, we just blow our leg off and completely implode. 

Our inability to shake off a bad performance, result etc is frightening in all honesty. 

I wish folk would stop pinning their hopes on Killie getting a result v them. Not a chance they're beating them for a 3rd time this season (as well as a draw in the last game v them). Killie's luck has run out v them. We blew it and pinning our hopes on others is just going to leave us even more frustrated