*****The Official Ross County V Rangers Match Thread*****

1 hour ago, theiconicman said:

28mins 'highlights' on the BBC, wtf?

40 minutes ago, Orange Persson said:

Highland team beats Mighty Rangers the Lowland giants. Fits with Scots/SNP/ Jacobite  narrative thing probably.

They're showing all the games from yesterday as well ffs and it was on for 26 minutes last night. Pipe doon the pair of you :lol: 

we've fucked this big time, once again the same lot let us down time and time again and once again the dynamic duo tav and his sidekick goldson making an arse of things at the back again and again, dowell is utter tripe, dessers is by god awful and the fact not buying a striker in the jan window is coming back to bite us.

it's still possible to win the league but seriously i think we've chucked it away.

6 hours ago, GA1972 said:

I think we’re the least likely to beat them tbh 

Agree Balogun needs put into that defence 

Balogun is the best CB we have. The fact that the man is 35 shows how poor our options are.

Three years ago Connor Goldson was superb. He was suspect before then and he's been suspect since. Souttar is a Hearts or Dundee United CB. No better than that and certainly not Rangers standard in any role other than a back up.

Tav is not a RB, I dont care if he's spent the majority of his career there, a RB who can't defend is not a RB. There still could be a place for him elsewhere in the formation but the RB slot should be Sterling's from this point onwards.

Barasic is a joke. Considering his old man is repudiated to be one of the most feared gangland godfathers in Croatia he's an utter shitbag of a player.  Ridvan is orders of magnitude better but we need a backup.

1 minute ago, BlueVanguard said:

Dessers could get a compound fracture by a players boot to the leg and Michael Stewart wouldn't think it would be a pen.

He hates the club for not giving him a contract and he hates the fans for our views in politics.

It's getting beyond a joke the unprofessional behaviour from these commentators recently. 

He's a weird wee man.

Just now, Negri's lovechild said:

It's getting beyond a joke the unprofessional behaviour from these commentators recently. 

He's a weird wee man.

It's being allowed and driven. Its getting more views and clicks and pundits are well advised to say outrageous comments to get it clipped and uploaded.

Football as a holes went to the shit over the years. Bring back the glory days of the late 90s and early 2000s when Football was great.

7 hours ago, The Godfather said:

Lawrence is done. His injuriesnhave gubbed him.

He needs punted asap

I thought he was poor in the few games before his injuries. At the time I thought he was maybe trying too hard to make an impression and that was why he would make a poor touch or overrun the ball. Now I realise he is just always off the pace and has poor control.

1 hour ago, The Beast said:

Balogun is the best CB we have. The fact that the man is 35 shows how poor our options are.

Three years ago Connor Goldson was superb. He was suspect before then and he's been suspect since. Souttar is a Hearts or Dundee United CB. No better than that and certainly not Rangers standard in any role other than a back up.

Tav is not a RB, I dont care if he's spent the majority of his career there, a RB who can't defend is not a RB. There still could be a place for him elsewhere in the formation but the RB slot should be Sterling's from this point onwards.

Barasic is a joke. Considering his old man is repudiated to be one of the most feared gangland godfathers in Croatia he's an utter shitbag of a player.  Ridvan is orders of magnitude better but we need a backup.

Tav fucks my head up.

The great feeling that we have got a player who is rising to become one of the highest scoring full backs in the world is completely fucked on its head when you realise that if he is up there scoring, he cannot be in the position where he is supposed to be, which is where the headfuck kicks in. Against Datsun Maida last week he started at least a yard ahead of him but the wee cuntic caught him up and stuck his foot out for the luckiest goal of his career, yet it showed the defensive frailty of our captain. A weakness often compensated for by his efforts at the other end.

Except when that fails, and the rage kicks in. Like now.

Our midfield was abysmal, second to every loose ball, Miles away from opponents, not interested in winning the ball back and the reason we lost the game.

The whole balance and effort was wrong and Lundstram, who had been playing well was completely ineffective in all departments. Dowell looked decent for a few minutes like last week but just became invisible. Cantwell was doing his own thing, some flashy runs but no end product and I wonder if his lack of structure and tactical discipline is causing problems in our set up.

Te second bottom strugglers making our midfield look like part time journeymen should never happen.

8 hours ago, Madina said:

I wish folk would stop pinning their hopes on Killie getting a result v them. Not a chance they're beating them for a 3rd time this season (as well as a draw in the last game v them). Killie's luck has run out v them. We blew it and pinning our hopes on others is just going to leave us even more frustrated 

You’re not getting what am saying. Theyll probably drop points to them but it doesn’t matter because weve gave them that buffer. They are able to bounce back, we are not. The wheels will come off for us now, for them it wouldn’t because it’s a mentality issue more than anything 

9 hours ago, SkylineBlue said:

Because, other than Sima, the guys starting in front of him are miles below the standard required and he's miles below them.

I would rather have McCausland on the right so that Sima can be on the left, absolutely wasted on the right to accommodate Silva 

18 minutes ago, BlueAvenger said:

Now that I have slept on it…what a pathetic fuckin performance for a team trying to win the league. Fuckin useless 

Same, I've not woken up feeling any better about that abomination yesterday.  I'd go as far as to say it's up their as one of the worst results i ever remember.  Even if we came away with a draw we'd still be on Goal Difference terms.

44 minutes ago, BlueAvenger said:

Now that I have slept on it…what a pathetic fuckin performance for a team trying to win the league. Fuckin useless 

Getting up in the morning and first thing that comes in to your head is that shambles.  Thing is, it makes an utter cunt of the Mangers statements, saying, about  5months ago, we couldn't have done this or that, because of the improvements and mental growth in the squad. The Shadow personality of that squad is still there.

2 minutes ago, Orange Persson said:

Getting up in the morning and first thing that comes in to your head is that shambles.  Thing is, it makes an utter cunt of the Mangers statements, saying, about  5months ago, we couldn't have done this or that, because of the improvements and mental growth in the squad. The Shadow personality of that squad is still there.

As you say a fuckin shambles. In our last 4 league games, we have won 1 fuckin game. The brutal truth is that’s nowhere near good enough to win a title 

20 minutes ago, Orange Persson said:

This is as poor as the start of the season for me losing 3 goals a game and should always be more. Remember in February bultland barely had to make a save. Something is seriously off and its hard not to say its bottle.

1 hour ago, BlueAvenger said:

You are not alone in thinking that mate, it is incredible that the Ross C players seemed more up for the game than the Rangers players. 

I am really sick of what I believe is mental weakness from a good number of players when real pressure comes on to win games when favourites. :sad:

9 hours ago, Negri's lovechild said:

Michael Stewart doing some mental gymnastics during commentary to try and say our penalty shouldn't have been given 🤣

Did he think Goldsons should have been given last week? Quite similar. Cross comes in, deflects when the player is in the air (and no time to adjust), and both are accidents the player knows nothing about.

I absolutely hate the handball rule and would happily see things like this not given, but..... that isn't the rules.

If you think Goldson was a penalty last week, then that yesterday is even more of a penalty given there's no attempt to tuck the arm in.

Just now, Bears r us said:

You are not alone in thinking that mate, it is incredible that the Ross C players seemed more up for the game than the Rangers players. 

I am really sick of what I believe is mental weakness from a good number of players when real pressure comes on to win games when favourites. :sad:

I’ve posted a few times mate that we have won 1 out 4 in the league recently and that’s fuckin awful when trying to win a league. We don’t look up for it and to be honest we are not fuckin good enough. 

8 hours ago, docspiderman said:

Our midfield was abysmal, second to every loose ball, Miles away from opponents, not interested in winning the ball back and the reason we lost the game.

The whole balance and effort was wrong and Lundstram, who had been playing well was completely ineffective in all departments. Dowell looked decent for a few minutes like last week but just became invisible. Cantwell was doing his own thing, some flashy runs but no end product and I wonder if his lack of structure and tactical discipline is causing problems in our set up.

Te second bottom strugglers making our midfield look like part time journeymen should never happen.

This I think during  one course  of play they had about 20 odd passes in our half' and we couldn't  get near them or were scared to try

17 hours ago, teddybear1975 said:

Simple eh…😂

Oh no, far fuckin from it mate. Just saying it's possible and we've done it before. Whether we actually will with the current lack of sack on display in the team is another matter entirely!