*****Official we love shitey hands and walls fc vs Rangers match thread*****

1 hour ago, STEPPS BOY said:

BF is back on our payroll so if he wants to talk to players he should just pop downstairs!

Always dangerous replying to one of your cryptic posts mate :pipe: but I will chance it, what is BF doing for being on our payroll???????????

1 hour ago, McEwan's Lager said:

That's right, Thomson started the season on fire.

Thomson was such a good player. Far more than just a ball winner. His first time 'round the corner' passes were class. I was genuinely gutted when we sold him. Probably the last time we sold a player and I was annoyed about it.

In hindsight it certainly worked out well for us, but I was gutted as well.

Remember him dividing opinion quite a bit on here at the time, but always felt he brought a real balance to the midfield. Could play and be incisive at times but had dig and could read the game well.

3 minutes ago, siamthedanger said:

Was watching highlights of the semi final 2-1 win over them a couple of seasons back, seen how aggressive we were with the press and gave them zero time in midfield, need all that tomorrow. 

Bassey allowed us to do that because he pressed so high and aggressively from centre half that he was almost playing as a centre midfielder at times. Zero chance Ben Davies or John Souttar do that.

3 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Bassey allowed us to do that because he pressed so high and aggressively from centre half that he was almost playing as a centre midfielder at times. Zero chance Ben Davies or John Souttar do that.

Believe mate 🫡

10 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Think tomorrow I would be going 4-4-2 with a narrow compact midfield that can easily become a three to stop us getting overrun.

Butland

Tav Souttar Davies Yilmaz

Sterling Lundstram Raskin Diomande

Silva Dessers 

What time did you start drinking?

No point in criticism or slagging them off before this game. It is what it is.

If we win,it will be some weekend.

And if we lose as many expect,then critics will be out enmasse. 

Our support may get a wee surprise this weekend.

4 hours ago, alectrician said:

We definitely want to be on the front foot from the off...so I think the team should perform the 'haka' in response to their stupid huddle!...Thoughts?

@alkytrician

27 minutes ago, siamthedanger said:

Was watching highlights of the semi final 2-1 win over them a couple of seasons back, seen how aggressive we were with the press and gave them zero time in midfield, need all that tomorrow. 

Do you think a referee at Parkhead would allow us to be aggressive?

Just now, Essandoh said:

What time did you start drinking?

Would only play him due to a lack of other viable options. Cantwell and Lawrence aren’t central midfielders and I don’t think Cantwell would have the tactical disciple to play as a narrow left sided option with Diomande playing centrally instead of Raskin.

4 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Would only play him due to a lack of other viable options. Cantwell and Lawrence aren’t central midfielders and I don’t think Cantwell would have the tactical disciple to play as a narrow left sided option with Diomande playing centrally instead of Raskin.

Lawrence shouldn’t be near the starting line up and i personally don’t think Cantwell has mentality for this game.

He’s a walking card if he starts tomorrow.