Ibrox Development

1 minute ago, Dan Deacon said:

No but I think common sense says they'd want to continue works interrupted for as long as possible and that shutting down and getting the stadium approved to open for fixtures would be a ballache. If that was an option why wasn't that mentioned yesterday and only mention alternative venues. It's shite regardless but playing at an alternative ground seems like it's what's needed until works completed.

Has it 100% been ruled out by the club yet? Only said looking at alternatives. I think it’s important to be playing at least the champions league games at Ibrox. Tbh I don’t really care as long as the results on the park are wins although I know it’s shit for season ticket holders etc in the Copland. 

26 minutes ago, Dan Deacon said:

How do you suggest making this playable whilst the works go on and need to be done without any further delays?

image.thumb.png.5a9cf9f39eddaf580593b0f3d4377b80.png

Crane isn’t on the pitch so you could remove  the crane and the boards on  the pitch area,cover the rest of the boards if you want.Takes an hour to reset that crane up

PS when the fuck will they change the yellow side sheeting

58 minutes ago, kelvd1873 said:

lol. Fines for what? Having a building that was possibly built before asbestos was banned that has asbestos? Asbestos is not harmful if left alone. 

They don’t let facts get in the way of their paranoia. 

1 minute ago, kelvd1873 said:

Has it 100% been ruled out by the club yet? Only said looking at alternatives. I think it’s important to be playing at least the champions league games at Ibrox. Tbh I don’t really care as long as the results on the park are wins although I know it’s shit for season ticket holders etc in the Copland. 

The goalmouth area looks to be covered in boards as well as the crane. 

In order to get that into a state of playability you would have to move the crane and the boards and re-turf the pitch. This would likely need to be done a few days before a game. So you are halting construction for a few days to play a game of football. Then after the game is finished you would have to bring it all back in, set it up etc. If we play a Champions League game on a Tuesday night and then a league match on the Saturday you probably halt construction for the entire week. 

It just doesn't seem feasible at all.

6 minutes ago, The Archer said:

Crane isn’t on the pitch so you could remove  the crane and the boards on  the pitch area,cover the rest of the boards if you want.Takes an hour to reset that crane up

PS when the fuck will they change the yellow side sheeting

The pitch under the boards will be fucked though and that is part of the playing surface. Do they relay that section each week they wrap up work and hope it is ready for the match the next day?

14 minutes ago, kelvd1873 said:

7 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

The goalmouth area looks to be covered in boards as well as the crane. 

In order to get that into a state of playability you would have to move the crane and the boards and re-turf the pitch. This would likely need to be done a few days before a game. So you are halting construction for a few days to play a game of football. Then after the game is finished you would have to bring it all back in, set it up etc. If we play a Champions League game on a Tuesday night and then a league match on the Saturday you probably halt construction for the entire week. 

It just doesn't seem feasible at all.

This 

Also for me an alternative venue and folk having to suck up some travel for hopefully a handful of games is better than a whole section not being able to get in / doing a ballot to see who does. Plus it means works can continue uninterrupted so that the stadium can reopen ASAP. 

2 hours ago, Orangeclement said:

Brightside is we play at Murrayfield , sellout the ground and have a bigger attendance than bank balance FC for a month 🤣 

Any extra money brought in by the extra capacity will be offset by the hiring out costs. 

2 hours ago, MacBoyd said:

If Hampden is available it would be disgraceful to make fans travel to Edinburgh 

The club will be rightly looking at cost implications, there's loads of factors involved.

The SRU might not try to screw us as much as the SFA to hire. Murrayfield we could sell 000s more tickets. Availability potential into September+. We'd probably protect better the hospitality revenue stream at Murrayfield too than at Hampden whilst having all ST holders in. Fuck knows there'll be more, buy the bottom line will be the priority.

Those factors will be more important to a Board than the question of Glasgow v Edinburgh.

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

The club will be rightly looking at cost implications, there's loads of factors involved.

The SRU might not try to screw us as much as the SFA to hire. Murrayfield we could sell 000s more tickets. Availability potential into September+. We'd probably protect better the hospitality revenue stream at Murrayfield too than at Hampden whilst having all ST holders in. Fuck knows there'll be more, buy the bottom line will be the priority.

Those factors will be more important to a Board than the question of Glasgow v Edinburgh.

Too right there’s more to consider mate, Salt’n sauce v Salt’n vinegar being one of the biggest obstacles to overcome.

Not sure if already mentioned but the same works are scheduled to be done in the SJ & Broomloan in the coming years.  

Wouldn’t have confidence in the board bringing my washing in never mind this.  

7 minutes ago, Amokachi said:

Not sure if already mentioned but the same works are scheduled to be done in the SJ & Broomloan in the coming years.  

Wouldn’t have confidence in the board bringing my washing in never mind this.  

There has been suggestions of shutting shop for the year and getting all 3 done this season.

Let's be honest, if it was the taigs in the same situation we'd be laughing at their ineptitude as well. Let them spend their summer thinking about asbestos 🤯

1 hour ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

Livingston at Ibrox first game after 55 season. 

If you were successful in the ballot you could chose any seat in the stadium.

Bit different having 17k allowed into the whole stadium because of Covid though. 

so not comparable and current ballot would be way too difficult 

This is a massive fuck up by the board. And it’s not the first. Sadly won’t be the last. We have a shower of absolute useless cunts running us and I’m sick of it.

How many millions will we lose because of this? Plus Hampden being out means huge effort from support to get to Edinburgh.

I long for the day we have some serious players at the top of the club.