Expectations for 24/25 at this moment in time

crmpicco

1 hour ago, Redmond7 said:

I still expect to win every game, just because don't always do it doesnt mean I can't expect it. 

Okay, so when we played Ajax, Liverpool and Napoli you expected us to win every game. I can only assume you don't know what the word expect means. 

Full focus on the league this year. With Clement manager for the full year, better fitness, a better front 3 and more depth in midfield than last year. Think that would improve us by about 10 points.

95 is probably a title winning points number unless they spend big.

22 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Folks won't like it but whilst the expectations always to win, for me at this time I think it's more down to what they do than what we do. We haven't improved the team so far which means we're relying on them being shite and losing a couple of their better players. At this current moment we don't have a squad who can beat them. Hoping the next few weeks changes that.

They’ve lost their only real keeper, and the striker that won them the cup and played a massive part in the league.

1 hour ago, Negri's lovechild said:

Have you taken a time capsule back to the heady days of 2016? 🤣

What's a COVID? :pipe:

I mean we all want the treble and a crack at the champions league. I just really struggle to see where it comes from. I mean if we win the title and nothing else then I think that's a success considering we need to be winning that every year. 

At this moment in time with the state of our squad my expectation would be that we finish 2nd in the league and we might stutter our way to a cup win.

A league title has to be the priority every season for us though. Need to get back to those levels of success 

36 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

They’ve lost their only real keeper, and the striker that won them the cup and played a massive part in the league.

Still have a much better squad than ours. We've not improved our squad and have lost players like Silva and sima, granted not to bothered with Silva.

6 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Still have a much better squad than ours. We've not improved our squad and have lost players like Silva and sima, granted not to bothered with Silva.

Don’t really disagree tbf, think they’ll miss them more than we miss Sima though

15 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Don’t really disagree tbf, think they’ll miss them more than we miss Sima though

I actually think Sima's stats were better than he was. I don't think he was a winger who got you on your feet and beat a man or was blessed with skill but he did have good numbers.

1 hour ago, ForeverAndEver said:

They're weakened so far, and really are pish to begin with.

Won the double, but given we were starting with McCausland Dessers Silva as our front 3 some weeks it shows how poor they are that we were even in the race.

They’re saddled with as much shite as we are, and have lost their GK (often a problem position) and their striker. Rodgers also has an awful recruitment record.

Depends on what ‘experience’ we bring in over the next month, and what shite we send out, but we absolutely should be aiming to win this league. 

We fly out to Pre season camp on Thursday and now a slight concern that we haven’t strengthened our starting 11 yet.

I’m starting to think any significant transfers wont happen until players leave.There’s not even a link to a centre half or number 9 so far.

The thought of reading that first team sheet next week and seeing

Tav, Balogun/Goldson, Souttar, Yilmaz is frankly depressing.

I dont have any tbh. 

I don’t think we'll win the league as things stand. I'm not convinced we'll even run it as close as last season. I dont have any real buzz for it for the first time that I can remember. There's no excitement going into the season knowing that it's 99% likely we'll finish 2nd.

Hopefully be able to pick up a cup and have a decent run in the Europa League.

3 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

We fly out to Pre season camp on Thursday and now a slight concern that we haven’t strengthened our starting 11 yet.

I’m starting to think any significant transfers wont happen until players leave.There’s not even a link to a centre half or number 9 so far.

I don't have a huge issue with one cd postion being fought over by Goldson and Balogun, but Souttar as a first choice - fuck no!

3 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

It's a massive concern. We're a month away from the season starting and there's no improvement in the quality of the starting 11. 

3 minutes ago, left winger said:

I don't have a huge issue with one cd postion being fought over by Goldson and Balogun, but Souttar as a first choice - fuck no!

If the first team selected has Tav and Goldson in it then rightly or wrongly the fans are going to vent.

3 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

If the first team selected has Tav and Goldson in it then rightly or wrongly the fans are going to vent.

Our fans vent about every fecking thing tbf. If we sign a top class cd and have Balogun and Goldson battling for the 2nd position, and Souttar our 4th cd or away on loan, then that's a good step up from last season. 

10 minutes ago, left winger said:

Our fans vent about every fecking thing tbf. If we sign a top class cd and have Balogun and Goldson battling for the 2nd position, and Souttar our 4th cd or away on loan, then that's a good step up from last season. 

If Balogun is a starter for us this season then just leave the doors closed.

Balogun typifies or transfer policy over past few years.

Released by Gio

Re-signed by Beale

New contract by Clement.

9 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

If Balogun is a starter for us this season then just leave the doors closed.

Balogun typifies or transfer policy over past few years.

Released by Gio

Re-signed by Beale

New contract by Clement.

The relevant question is can he do a job for us next season? Now I don't think we'll get 50 games from him, but I think he has a part to play. If you look at the 3 decisions above - only wrong was the first one, imo.

7 hours ago, Malkytfp1 said:

I actually think Sima's stats were better than he was. I don't think he was a winger who got you on your feet and beat a man or was blessed with skill but he did have good numbers.

Very good defensive work rate when he was on it too though.

It’s the trade off sadly for our level. You probably don’t get a winger on target for 20 plus goals in a season who can also control a ball.

Amount of poor first touches from him was mental.