*****Manchester United v Rangers*****

17 minutes ago, folkestoneger said:

Not sure what people expected against a team from a league miles above ours in standard.
Half their team may have been youngsters but the other half cost them over £300 million.

They had their 3rd team out in the 2nd half and they were miles ahead of us

2 minutes ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

They had their 3rd team out in the 2nd half and they were miles ahead of us

That was their first pre season win 🙄

9 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

Don’t think I’ve detested they players more in over 50 years of watching rangers( first time ever I won’t have been to a pre season game)

to Lawrence’s stupid face , to wrights clownish running ,to dessers pleading with the ref for a nothing challenge ,when he over hit the ball to matondo then blamed him I just wanted to punch the prick ,

my patience with clement playing they 3 ,and his lack of tactics then his signing 2 players and saying their not near first team is wearing thin

Mate , I get it that you’re pissed off but we’ve had a lot worse to put up with in the last 50 years.

2 minutes ago, folkestoneger said:

Mate , I get it that you’re pissed off but we’ve had a lot worse to put up with in the last 50 years.

Money wise we’ve never been so far behind the vermin they get richer and richer through the champions league and we’re getting by with loans it’s heartbreaking

20 minutes ago, saintbob1969 said:

Nobody serious would consider a friendly as anything like a measure of a team. Remember clearly friendlies where we’ve beaten some massive names only to collapse in the actual SPFL 

Let’s see where we are after the buying and selling is done. 

I somewhat agree. However there were some terrible pre-seasons under McCoist (2011) and Beale (last season) where it was blatantly obvious that we just weren't very good, and that transpired over they seasons. It's not looking good at the moment.

32 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

Don’t think I’ve detested they players more in over 50 years of watching Rangers( first time ever I won’t have been to a pre season game)

to Lawrence’s stupid face , to wrights clownish running ,to dessers pleading with the ref for a nothing challenge ,when he over hit the ball to matondo then blamed him I just wanted to punch the prick ,

my patience with clement playing they 3 ,and his lack of tactics then his signing 2 players and saying their not near first team is wearing thin

We’ve seen some low times, by fuck we’ve seen some tremendous times but this Rangers is becoming detached from anything I’ve seen before 

I honestly don’t know where the club is heading. 

16 minutes ago, Wullies_bowly_legs said:

Just remember the 1980’s. From 80 onwards 5th, 3rd, 3rd, 4th, 4th, 4th and 5th in 85/6. Now that was a dog shit team and dog shit football.

My first seasons following home and away.  Just a habit with no expectations.

Happy days but depressing at the same time.

55 minutes ago, VladimirWeiss69 said:

As a pure business point of view we must be one of the worst run businesses in football.

Was just thinking is. I wonder if there are any other clubs in world football who need to totally revamp their squad but can't because they've signed a bunch of duds on big money and long contracts.

Barcelona were a shambles for a few years under Bartomeu but they always had sellable assets. We don't. Their presidents are also elected and do come under massive scrutiny. Our chairman is MIA.

I genuinely can't think of any others off the top of my head.

42 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

Don’t think I’ve detested they players more in over 50 years of watching rangers( first time ever I won’t have been to a pre season game)

We’ve had well worse over the years by a country mile fs 

Feel a little calmer after Rae saying post match we are looking to add players to the top end of the pitch in the next couple weeks.  We badly need a midfielder in the mould of Davis, Ferguson, Mendes etc. too.  We have no holding midfielder at the moment.

2 hours ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

It's all well and good saying that but what if they all say fine we'll play for the b team and take home £25k a week? Doesn't work like that in reality. To move them on we need them to be in and around the first team as shite as it is.

This should be the case but doesn't seem to apply to Cantwell or Lammers

3 hours ago, folkestoneger said:

Not sure what people expected against a team from a league miles above ours in standard.
Half their team may have been youngsters but the other half cost them over £300 million.

Rosenborg just beat them 1 nil and hit the post 4 times.