graeme_4’s official Clement discussion thread

5 minutes ago, The Archer said:

The way it will run ,the parks out,Gerrard will return the only bit I don’t know about is King and what will happen but I know about Gerrard and that is tied in with Park and son

So Gerrard will return when the parks leave? In our current state I don't see that happening mate. 

16 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

So why did these players show some consistency and speak glowingly of how great his style was when things were ticking along nicely in the early months of Clements time 

It's a piss poor excuse from the players that they don't like the manager so that's why they are shite. You play for Glasgow Rangers and are paid handsomely for it. If you can't even maintain some professionalism and personal pride then take your self out the door with the manager 

As much as I agree with you, it happens at every club the world over.

Once the players are against the manager, very rarely does the manager come out on top.

4 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

The question is how long does he have left as much as am against a sacking mid season it's going to happen. 

Next international window in 3 weeks would be my thinking 

I think we need some stability but lose against Aberdeen and he's toast.

So if he gets sacked and A N Other gets the job and neither the new DOF or the new CEO rate the new manager, what then?

You wouldn’t sign a player with a new manager appointment imminent so why make a managerial change before appointing the men he will report to? Exact same principle.

New CEO and/or DOF before any managerial change.

Putting the cart before the horse will make us look even more incompetent.

Just now, SkylineBlue said:

Gerrard isn't coming back and he shouldn't be brought back.

We will see however Anybody that has the balls to change standards at our club and  take no prisoners gets my vote.

There is beautiful statue of a man who gave his all for our club standing behind the Copeland road .

Its time people we employ follow in his footsteps with the same standards.

The Parks are the real problem here.Nothing changes until they are out.

1 hour ago, B1872 said:

The fact that we are relying on Balogun in 2024 sums up the absolute cluster fuck of this club. 
Thinking about it this morning and the mess we are in it genuinely feels like there’s not much hope any more on or off the field. It honestly feels like the sooner you accept it then the easier it is to get on with your life and not bother about the club anymore. Thats the stage I’m at, totally scunnered!

Totally agree 

This is going to drag on. I can't see an interim team, already scrambling to fill several important positions, adding another vacancy to our piecemeal footballing operation. They'll probably want to defer the decision to the new CEO. He should be gone, but I wouldn't be surprised if he's here in January, almost regardless of results. 

5 minutes ago, rangersross said:

This is going to drag on. I can't see an interim team, already scrambling to fill several important positions, adding another vacancy to our piecemeal footballing operation. They'll probably want to defer the decision to the new CEO. He should be gone, but I wouldn't be surprised if he's here in January, almost regardless of results. 

Indeed, I would go so far as to say that a strong minded, powerful, big hitter CEO would be pissed off at a managerial change decision being taken while his appointment was pending.

We would end up with a panic appointment and a new CEO disenchanted before he starts.

Clement stays until the men he will report to are in place.

20 minutes ago, Blueshoff said:

I think we need some stability but lose against Aberdeen and he's toast.

I just hope the board are actively putting a list together of potential replacements now and aren't sitting doing nothing waiting until they sack him to start the process. 

26 minutes ago, Davy Vandenbroucke said:

As much as I agree with you, it happens at every club the world over.

Once the players are against the manager, very rarely does the manager come out on top.

I agree with poster your quoting but it's also worth pointing out that most of the guys that people used to complain about for that sort of thing are gone now.

New players could easily come in after having a convincing conversation or two and then the reality sets in when they arrive. 

I felt at the time Jack's interview was quite telling, but we'll probably never really know for certain if that poster has jumped on it and come up with a daft wee rumour. The point is it's believable because they look lost on the pitch.

I keep hearing that Clement's teams like to play a high press. That may be true in theory, but Cerny, Dessers, and Bajrami are not the types of players who do that. Just look to their two Japanese players across the city to see how a press works.

You play systems around the players you have, not a system just because you like it.

Tavernier’s 6th manager. Souttar’s 3rd, Yilmaz 3rd, Lawrence 3rd. 

Most of the rest will be on their 3rd when the new one inevitably comes in, meaning those 4 mentioned will be on their 7th and 4th. 

Not backing the manager at all, I want him gone but I am sick to the back teeth of us having players around or signing players who completely chuck every ounce of professionalism they have out the window when things don’t go their way. We’ve made the majority of them millionaires with the wages they pay and they just chuck it again? 

Sign a manager with mentality, let it drip into the squad and if they don’t like it they’re finished here. We have to adopt a strong approach here. 

1 hour ago, The Archer said:

The way it will run ,the parks out,Gerrard will return the only bit I don’t know about is King and what will happen but I know about Gerrard and that is tied in with Park and son

Gerrard is on £15 mil a year at that Saudi mob and is tied in until 2027 there is no chance he's coming back to us even if gets sacked. We couldn't afford him and he certainly wouldn't be coming back to negotiate buying players with ginger bottles.