Is Clement getting an easy ride?

2 minutes ago, DeanMK said:

I'm definitely one that prefers to back him, but I want to be clear that I don't think he's faultless. His lineups/subs are baffling. Persistence with Wright bemusing.

I just try to be a bit pragmatic. Can see that the club is currently a basket case at the minute which makes the job harder for any manager that's in charge.

End of the day, I want a successful Rangers team on the pitch. Whether that's with or without Clement, I couldn't give a fuck.

But what is it beyond the club being a basket case that makes you back him? 

We were a basket case when Gerrard came in and within 8 weeks we'd become a strong enough unit to see out 3 qualifiers, including UFA with 9 men. 

We play motherwell at home and look like we're playing with 9 men :lol:

1 minute ago, DeanMK said:

Don't think he's had a fair crack of the whip, all things considered. Took over from Beale, got to the summer, got told we had no money for players. Squads a mess.

Thought he done well to pull us out of a hole last season.

He's doing worse than Beale but and that takes some doing. We've seen no direction from him. No shape, no tactics, baffling subs and record breaking losses. I honestly admire your optimism but I think it's misplaced.

17 minutes ago, DeanMK said:

Because Hagi apparently can't play another game or it'll cost us £10k p/w and Cantwell is a fucking wet wipe.

£10k per week = £0.5m for the year.  Argument is, for 500k (excluding any fees) would we get the same calibre of player for a year, even as a loan?

And if we don't manage to shift him, we're paying £22k per week to a player to play in our B-team.  A shit show from top to bottom 

Just now, Malkytfp1 said:

He's doing worse than Beale but and that takes some doing. We've seen no direction from him. No shape, no tactics, baffling subs and record breaking losses. I honestly admire your optimism but I think it's misplaced.

Doesn't really matter anyway. The fanbase have already turned. It's going to get poisonous and if the board are going to stick to their guns, then who knows how this season will pan out.

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

We haven't scored in six out of 8 halves of football this season.

The system is wrong. Gerrard knew how to change a system during a game. Clement doesn't appear to have that ability.

He's a one trick pony - which is fine if the trick is working but it quite clearly isn't. He doesn't have a 2nd trick and our forwards can't shoot for falling over their own feet. 

6 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

We’re Man United.

Two biggest teams in respective countries now also rans.

I said the same a few weeks back. Us and Man Utd dominated when I was growing up. Now both sides win a cup here and there but aren't winning the league for the foreseeable future. 

We're truly shit from top to bottom. We should just thank the anomaly of the covid season for making it seem better than it's been. Taig pricks would have been going for 14IAR. That should never be acceptable to any Rangers board but as long as we pay up and shut up, we'll accept what we're given by them 

9 minutes ago, DeanMK said:

Can say all you want about his style/tactics, that red card cost us the game tonight, not Clement.

And anyone that thinks he's getting the sack anytime soon has there head in the fuckin clouds.

The board are fucking useless, but even they won't sack a manager they've just handed a new contract to. They clearly see this season as a dud. Have allowed us to sleep walk into these qualifiers completely under-equipped. 

They should be at the top of the chopping block. Actually fucking embarrassing man. No stadium, no CEO and a squad that is piss thin in quality. Dessers having a go at the fans after laying it off to no cunt really typifies how things are going.

Spot on post. The signs were there pre-season. So are we hoping for a couple of players to leave to free up some cash for 1 or 2 new ones to arrive. As you basically outlined this is a car crash starting to unfold and we can all see it. Such a fucking shame and unbelievable frustrating for us all.

4 minutes ago, JackAlex93 said:

We have a manager who is tactically clueless and a squad of players who are nowhere the standard required. A long season ahead, again.

Nowhere near the standard to compete with the mhanks or CL but let’s be honest here, they are more than good enough against absolute jobbers in our league, the quality across the whole league is abysmal. The fact that we are such a dreadful watch against league opposition and aren’t exactly a free flowing team says all you need to know about his tactical nous. A bottom six team last season had 8 missing players at the weekend and were awful in the second half against them, it’s Beale levels now, we’ve seen the show before and it only ends one way. 

6 minutes ago, Lovenkrands72 said:

All ifs buts and maybes but one thing's for sure, Clements tactics are garbage and I'm not talking about tonight. 

The referee fucked the game tonight but Clements tactics have been shite for quite some time. 

I agree with you regarding the ref, but I also agree with you that we haven't looked close to where we have needed to be for a while.

This us a tough time for all of us, tonight was a sore one on many levels 

Honestly with this squad I’m not surprised.  Not a single name bar maybe butland (who is still prone to a fair few errors) that’s of decent quality.  It’s a shambles and it looks like Clement was promised more than he’s been given. 

Less convinced he’s the answer but I can’t think of a single candidate who’d take the role with this squad and do better.  Who would come in and have confidence in the board to deliver the transfer budget they say will be available, to do the basics right (eg renovate Ibrox) and that they don’t just be fired after 9-12 months when things turn.

The board are the problem - manager might be but just now I can’t see anyone who’d do better with what we have.  It’s grim as fuck.

Taking McCausland off is yet another clueless fucking decision through no fault of his own he again found himself on the end of three shit passes from the managers favourite Tavernier .

Two players on a yellow card  Diomande was passed by in that game tonight hardy got a touch in that first half  he should have been the one subbed barely a tackle of note never mind actually creating a forward pass .

McCausland is being dragged down by that fucking Muppet Tavernier and his continual balls ups are now past the point of acceptable but he won't be dropped anytime soon if Clement has anything to do with it who looks as fucking clueless as his captain.

2 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

I’ll be behind the fucking couch on September 1st, Phil.

I'm not even bothered about players coming in now, they'll probably just be shite anyway. 

I just rid of cunts like Tav, Davies, Dowell, Matondo, Cantwell, Dowell, Wright and Dessers. I can't fucking stand them. 

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

I’ll be behind the fucking couch on September 1st, Phil.

I'l have flung the couch at the TV before then the way things are unfolding.

2 minutes ago, KBOO72 said:

I'm not even bothered about players coming in now, they'll probably just be shite anyway. 

I just rid of cunts like Tav, Davies, Dowell, Matondo, Cantwell, Dowell, Wright and Dessers. I can't fucking stand them. 

Dowell in particular 😉

3 minutes ago, goaaaal said:

Taking McCausland off is yet another clueless fucking decision through no fault of his own he again found himself on the end of three shit passes from the managers favourite Tavernier .

Two players on a yellow card  Diomande was passed by in that game tonight hardy got a touch in that first half  he should have been the one subbed barely a tackle of note never mind actually creating a forward pass .

McCausland is being dragged down by that fucking Muppet Tavernier and his continual balls ups are now past the point of acceptable but he won't be dropped anytime soon if Clement has anything to do with it who looks as fucking clueless as his captain.

Ross was playing well and had them rattled