Is Clement getting an easy ride?

23 games played since March 2/24, (the beginning of the free fall) and only 7 wins. 

Within that time, he has never altered the formation. His stubbornness will be his downfall.

Getting an easy ride is over and I don't think he will like the negativity coming his way.

29 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

23 games played since March 2/24, (the beginning of the free fall) and only 7 wins. 

Within that time, he has never altered the formation. His stubbornness will be his downfall.

Getting an easy ride is over and I don't think he will like the negativity coming his way.

That is a poor poor record. 

29 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Exactly this.

His tactical stubbornness is causing issues and that cannot be overlooked purely because he’s got a poor squad to work with.

He’s not an idealistic rookie, he’s a relatively experienced manager and he should be more adaptable and not even trying to be and sort of shrugging his shoulders about it and then carrying on with the same system the following week isn’t good enough.

4 minutes ago, Boybluesy said:

Injuries.  We now have Cortes, Raskin and Ridvan all out, probably longer term for all three. I thought the regime was to change this pish. 

Raskin was injured in a challenge so not sure what you expect anyone to do about that 

3 hours ago, RossS1873 said:

I've been banned a few times. It's mental what they ban cunts for compared to what the admins post about

I remember I was in the lounge of FF about a year or so ago and that fat, pervy cunt Dingwall was posting pictures of random, young lassies in pubs because Julien from the tarriers was in there, so that was his excuse. 

This is the same cunt that bans cunts for puns :lol:

I genuinely hate him. 

1 minute ago, King Jela said:

I remember I was in the lounge of FF about a year or so ago and that fat, pervy cunt Dingwall was posting pictures of random, young lassies in pubs because Julien from the tarriers was in there, so that was his excuse. 

This is the same cunt that bans cunts for puns :lol:

I genuinely hate him. 

He's really one for the watching. I've been banned for a pun I don't even recall making. Cunts pay him to put up pictures of the newspapers. And the threads he makes up are just weird as fuck. Guy just sits in his room wanking off cats and trolling through his forum with his cronies looking for things to delete or remove like some kind of Goebbels level propaganda minister 

4 minutes ago, RossS1873 said:

He's really one for the watching. I've been banned for a pun I don't even recall making. Cunts pay him to put up pictures of the newspapers. And the threads he makes up are just weird as fuck. Guy just sits in his room wanking off cats and trolling through his forum with his cronies looking for things to delete or remove like some kind of Goebbels level propaganda minister 

Banned for a pun :lol:

17 minutes ago, RossS1873 said:

I got banned for saying he posted pictures of the papers because his fingers were too fat to type words.  

I can’t stand the self entitled clinically obese wank. 

2 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

I got banned for saying he posted pictures of the papers because his fingers were too fat to type words.  

I can’t stand the self entitled clinically obese wank. 

That made me laugh far more than it should have. But there's plenty of people on here that know what it's like but if you're not, go and watch documentaries of media control in Eastern Europe in the 50s and that's basically what it's like but with football opinions

4 hours ago, The Godfather said:

So he just gets a free reign of shite management setting us up to play bogging football?

Sensational stuff

Just stop reading after the first paragraph?

“That’s not to say there aren’t valid points to discuss and he should just get a free ride, however he has just signed a new contract so evidently isn’t going anywhere in the foreseeable future and the squad he has at his disposal has been diminished even from last seasons squad, which wasn’t good enough.”

Point I was making is that whether you think it is his coaching, his tactics, the players mentality, the players ability or whatever combination of the above, none of it is going to change drastically until we get change of leadership at boardroom level.

The current board:

- can’t / won’t finance the rebuild of the squad

- have just given him a new contract so won’t (probably can’t afford to) get rid of him

- have been in charge as we have gotten ourselves into this position, and therefor I see no reason why they should be given the benefit of the doubt that they can get us out of it

4 minutes ago, rossco87 said:

Just stop reading after the first paragraph?

“That’s not to say there aren’t valid points to discuss and he should just get a free ride, however he has just signed a new contract so evidently isn’t going anywhere in the foreseeable future and the squad he has at his disposal has been diminished even from last seasons squad, which wasn’t good enough.”

Point I was making is that whether you think it is his coaching, his tactics, the players mentality, the players ability or whatever combination of the above, none of it is going to change drastically until we get change of leadership at boardroom level.

The current board:

- can’t / won’t finance the rebuild of the squad

- have just given him a new contract so won’t (probably can’t afford to) get rid of him

- have been in charge as we have gotten ourselves into this position, and therefor I see no reason why they should be given the benefit of the doubt that they can get us out of it

So, is it all our board or just some?

and do you think a change will allow those banging at our door with their millions to come onside and start throwing wonga around like confetti?  
And do you think the current board will want their money back they have already invested?

just some questions I have that highlights calling for the board to go is a bit more complicated than most people think 

2 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

So, is it all our board or just some?

and do you think a change will allow those banging at our door with their millions to come onside and start throwing wonga around like confetti?  
And do you think the current board will want their money back they have already invested?

just some questions I have that highlights calling for the board to go is a bit more complicated than most people think 

While obviously they can’t control what Clement and the players do on the pitch, ATM my opinion is that they are symptoms caused by the actions of the board. Sure we could replace the manager, and things may well improve in the short term, however I no longer trust those in a position of power to run and invest in our club properly.

Under the current Chairman (who was also on the board before assuming that role) last summer we spent millions on transfers and wages on players with questionable pedigree and limited potential for resale value (which many within the support called out at the time) and then knee jerked this year to trying to gut the squad of senior players on high wages and predominantly replacing them with “ones for the future” leaving us with an unbalanced squad short in quality and experience in key areas.

Couple that with we have now been over 3 months without a CEO to run our operational board and the other increasingly frequent fuck ups (large and small) they keep making and I don’t think it is unfair to say that the current custodians are not fit to run our club.

From what I understand the majority of the loans have been converted into equity in the club (happy to be corrected if I am wrong in that) so yes they can get their money back if they can find someone to buy in or even better allow fresh investment through the creation of new shares if they really wanted.

I have heard on more than one occasion that the current board members and the stranglehold on the boardroom has put off potential investors in the club.

Would the fans kicking off and seriously protesting against the board cause some of them to look to step back or even sell up and get out? Who knows. But if we keep running the current set up I really can’t see how things improve and in fact am seriously worried it becomes harder to get back to our rightful place as the support becomes more and more apathetic and stop putting money in to season tickets, RangersTV and merchandise.

43 minutes ago, rossco87 said:

While obviously they can’t control what Clement and the players do on the pitch, ATM my opinion is that they are symptoms caused by the actions of the board. Sure we could replace the manager, and things may well improve in the short term, however I no longer trust those in a position of power to run and invest in our club properly.

Under the current Chairman (who was also on the board before assuming that role) last summer we spent millions on transfers and wages on players with questionable pedigree and limited potential for resale value (which many within the support called out at the time) and then knee jerked this year to trying to gut the squad of senior players on high wages and predominantly replacing them with “ones for the future” leaving us with an unbalanced squad short in quality and experience in key areas.

Couple that with we have now been over 3 months without a CEO to run our operational board and the other increasingly frequent fuck ups (large and small) they keep making and I don’t think it is unfair to say that the current custodians are not fit to run our club.

From what I understand the majority of the loans have been converted into equity in the club (happy to be corrected if I am wrong in that) so yes they can get their money back if they can find someone to buy in or even better allow fresh investment through the creation of new shares if they really wanted.

I have heard on more than one occasion that the current board members and the stranglehold on the boardroom has put off potential investors in the club.

Would the fans kicking off and seriously protesting against the board cause some of them to look to step back or even sell up and get out? Who knows. But if we keep running the current set up I really can’t see how things improve and in fact am seriously worried it becomes harder to get back to our rightful place as the support becomes more and more apathetic and stop putting money in to season tickets, RangersTV and merchandise.

Absolutely mental to think we knocked back potential investment, because of some strange theory about a “stranglehold”.  I’m pretty sure non of the board in their “day job” have knocked back investment in say Parks Motor Group or IMG. in fact three board members iirc make their living from investment portfolios.  

As I said it’s more complicated than most think. Especially when there’s no big money sloshing around the SPFL because there’s very little profit to be made.  

7 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Absolutely mental to think we knocked back potential investment, because of some strange theory about a “stranglehold”.  I’m pretty sure non of the board in their “day job” have knocked back investment in say Parks Motor Group or IMG. in fact three board members iirc make their living from investment portfolios.  

As I said it’s more complicated than most think. Especially when there’s no big money sloshing around the SPFL because there’s very little profit to be made.  

The way it was told to me was that investors lost interest as they realised their investment wasn’t going to get them as prominent a seat at the (boardroom) table as they wanted.

Happy to accept that it might be nothing, or that the investors might be chancers, however we know that this current board have blocked King from returning to the board and were also pretty ruthless in killing off interest from the American (Kyle Fox led) consortium. While I didn’t / don’t think either of them are particularly great options I also don’t think those in position currently are showing themselves up as suitable custodians of our club.

Lets not forget that in the last 12 / 18 months amongst a litany of other fuck ups this board have overseen the departure of our DoF and allowed a rookie manager to control / lead the transfer strategy, watched as that manager failed while still holding off recruiting someone for the role of DofF, sacked the manager and carried out the recruitment process themselves (despite some of them allegedly playing a large part in Pedro Caixhna being appointed and during which apparently Frank Lampard was a serious contender) before appointing the current manager and then recruiting someone for the (slightly adapted) DofF role weeks before the start of the January transfer window giving him minimal time to come in and implement any kind of strategy. The whole process was a complete shambles and we are just repeating it this year with the CEO and nobody involved has taken any responsibility or faced consequences for it.

I agree with you that it isn’t a straightforward answer, however something has to give as if the status quo at boardroom continues I can’t see us moving forward as a club any time soon.

Starting to think Gio might have been our best bet yet the board never backed him after the Europa League Final.

Instead they decided to sell our best players despite the millions we’d just brought in and never gave him much cash to rebuild.

Since then it’s been one clanger after another.

Not even disappointed with the manager or the players at this point. Change is obviously needed at the very top.

4 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

Shite squad is a decent excuse if it’s just the scum or Benfica’s of the world you’re losing to 

Doesn’t excuse any Rangers manager for not beating shite like Motherwell, Ross County, Dundee and to a lesser extent Hearts and Dynamo  

Those results just show how shite the squad is mate.