*****Official Birmingham vs Rangers match thread***** Brought to you by buckfast tonic wine

Clement not looking like a man with heart in it. 

Team look like they know it.

Never been less interested in a pre season. 

Just numb.

Don't give AF what folk think about that, we can't always be the ones, as fans who HAVE to give. We have to get something back. If this was a relationship, we'd be cucks at this point  

2 minutes ago, evenstevens said:

Just numb.

Don't give AF what folk think about that, we can't always be the ones, as fans who HAVE to give. We have to get something back. If this was a relationship, we'd be cucks at this point  

I don't think Clement comes across any different than last year tbh at what will be a stressful time for him and his staff. Just need to keep the head and plough on. We'll get thru it.

1 hour ago, Swagger said:

That’s his job surely ? 

I mean totally but I'm just saying picking that eleven is like choosing between beaten to death slowly by a billion moths or being eaten alive by a thousand meal worms.

1 hour ago, BigBearButt said:

You at least have a general structure and way of playing so when you do make a signing they slot into the team and cant be helped by others around them. Currently it looks like we have pulled folk from the crowd and asked them to have a kick about.

I mean I especially agree with the last part and listen I'm not saying he's good enough..but there's got to be serious questions about why the last 3 managers have started well and ended up like they were driving a bus in an f1 race. 

4 minutes ago, chris182 said:

I don't think Clement comes across any different than last year tbh at what will be a stressful time for him and his staff. Just need to keep the head and plough on. We'll get thru it.

Maybe it's me projecting. Good possibility. 

1 minute ago, DT78 said:

What we need to watch for here is Clement being linked with any job in the media. If he is then he has told his agent he’s looking out. 

I'd be shocked if anyone is watching us and wondering what our boss is up to.

Then again beale walked straight into the Sunderland job so what do I know.

So who actually wants to stay?

Who in the squad believe in Clement and what he is apparently trying to do.

Went well fell off cliff....we all said at the time something isn't right.

Has he pissed of the clique. 

Bemoaned the squad quality too much -  sending out fragile mentality squad down again.

Team a fucking fairies man.... season after season they let down Managers. 

We're in a mess. Having Dessers and Matondo as our main outlets is as bad as it gets. 

Danilo just won't make it here. I didn't see much to impress me before his injury. I can't think of many players who come back better after that particular injury. Shame, but that's how it is. Same goes for Lowry, McCausland, King, Matondo. Too many to mention in fact.

We also have to be honest....none of our youngsters will ever make it, so why do we give them game time pre-season. The best we've ever had in recent memory is Gilmour. 1 out of how many? He and Patterson were probably the exceptions. If Lowry and McCausland are the level we're going to get then it's just not worth it. We just don't seem to coach them well enough for them to come in and make a telling difference. Not their fault, that's on the club. 

The biggest concern for me right now is how powder puff we look. Absolutely no dig at all. Slow, aimless play......huckled off the ball by youth players in the last 2 games. Also sick of how unfit we have looked over the last 3 seasons. All this guff about making sure every player gets rest time.......fuck off. Pick your starting 11 and a core squad of 16/17 players and run them into the ground. That's what you do pre-season. 

As it stands, we have a squad who are too well paid to give a fuck about winning, led by a captain who has the presence of a mouse. Clement has a massive job ahead of him. He needs to start by waking the fuck up and at least having a style of play.

1 hour ago, theclothmonster said:

He will have his first eleven in mind already subject to new signings. Agree or disagree with his picks but he should be giving them the bulk of minutes this close to the Hearts opener.

I'm not sure he does, I'm thinking he expected more movement in the transfer window, probably  in both directions. I honestly reckon he expected at least... another 5 in the door by now judging by his comments the other week.

I don't think that's a good thing, as he should have his first eleven in mind...

I think only jefte, cortes and diomande (from the signings) are players he sees as starters. (Jefte competing with ridvan)

The other negative is I'm not sure about any of those 3.

1 minute ago, Leeds_Bear said:

Who else plays?

As it stands

Butland

Sterling Souttar Davies Ridvan

Barron Diomande

Lawrence

Wright Danilo Cortes

* perhaps Cerny and Jordan could be rushed in if we get them over the line. It's not good.

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

As it stands

Butland

Barron Diomande

Lawrence

Wright Danilo Cortes

* perhaps Cerny and Jordan could be rushed in if we get them over the line. It's not good.

Half of those are squad players, at best. 

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

As it stands

Butland

Barron Diomande

Lawrence

Wright Danilo Cortes

That midfield tnree in particular is just so weak.

Barron’s done ok without doing anything above just ok, and Diomande has looked decent in small chunks but as a pair they’re not doing to dominate the midfield probably against a good handful of the league never mind just the fenians. Lawrence is miles upon miles off it.

1 minute ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

That midfield tnree in particular is just so weak.

Barron’s done ok without doing anything above just ok, and Diomande has looked decent in small chunks but as a pair they’re not doing to dominate the midfield probably against a good handful of the league never mind just the fenians. Lawrence is miles upon miles off it.

Lowry won't make it.

Diomande was our best player against Ajax & Man U. Granted he was awful tonight, but he gets a bye playing beside two youngsters who are nowhere near ready.

Barron will be a mainstay in that team.

We need a CH, midfielder, winger and striker in the coming days.

5 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Lowry won't make it.

Diomande was our best player against Ajax & Man U. Granted he was awful tonight, but he gets a bye playing beside two youngsters who are nowhere near ready.

Barron will be a mainstay in that team.

We need a CH, midfielder, winger and striker in the coming days.

I’m not criticising your midfield selection from what’s available, but that midfield loses every midfield battle with celtic’s three (I know they’ll probably lose O’Riley). Diomande and Barron don’t really do anything creatively at all and they’re overrun - needs a system change or a player who is a step up in quality from the pair of them.

3 hours ago, evenstevens said:

Just numb.

Tbh it's really clear now he wants away wish he'd just fuck off 

7 hours ago, stewaj3 said:

I mean totally but I'm just saying picking that eleven is like choosing between beaten to death slowly by a billion moths or being eaten alive by a thousand meal worms.

It’s a cunt of a mess but he should be playing whatever he thinks is the best line up heading towards the Hearts game. 
Just throwing random teams together is doing fuck all good