*****Official Rangers vs St Johnstone League Cup last 16 match thread*****

Posted on here when Morelos done his thigh that I’d had a similar injury.

It happened basically the same way Ridvan got injured on Tuesday except I was making a pass instead of shooting 😂 

Think I was 6 weeks before I could train and was 8-9 weeks before I played. It’s a fucking horrible injury if it is what he’s done. Feels like someone has stabbed you and drawn a knife right down your thigh and mine was only moderate.

If he’s completely done his and it’s a complete rupture that will involve surgery and a long rehab. Getting carried off is not a good sign. 

2 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Posted on here when Morelos done his thigh that I’d had a similar injury.

It happened basically the same way Ridvan got injured on Tuesday except I was making a pass instead of shooting 😂 

Think I was 6 weeks before I could train and was 8-9 weeks before I played. It’s a fucking horrible injury if it is what he’s done. Feels like someone has stabbed you and drawn a knife right down your thigh and mine was only moderate.

If he’s completely done his and it’s a complete rupture that will involve surgery and a long rehab. Getting carried off is not a good sign. 

He was clearly in a lot of pain the other night too. He’ll be out for the foreseeable. 

5 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

Look at Morelos, he’s never recovered. Lost any pace he had and is now kicking about not scoring in Colombian football. 

We should’ve seen the warning signs with Yilmaz, he can’t stay fit. He’s a classic example of someone we needed to sell 6-12 months after we signed him and take a slight loss of a million or so. 

Now he’ll be fucked for likely all of this season and we won’t be able to get anything for him…

I think that had more to do with Morelos and how he acted during his recovery and his general attitude to football though.

I know for a fact he was out partying in Seville while recovering. Boozing is one of the worst things you can do while healing.

4 minutes ago, the goal machine said:

Fraser would probably be a better option than Ridvan anyway.

Yet we used Davies as a make-shift left back probably to justify his salary. Why give Fraser a 3-year contract extension if he is not suited on an occasion like that? Madness. 

Just now, plymouthranger said:

Least it wasn’t a high ball, he gets completely fucking lost with those

😀one of the few centre half’s who wins few aerial battles in the box 

Just now, PromDeAnglais said:

While true, the blame lies solely on the board, they're the only consistency in all of this. Giving Wilson then (especially) Beale free rein to do as they please was complete negligence from the board.

Yeah I agree on that, need them out.

1 hour ago, plymouthranger said:

Look at Morelos, he’s never recovered. Lost any pace he had and is now kicking about not scoring in Colombian football. 

We should’ve seen the warning signs with Yilmaz, he can’t stay fit. He’s a classic example of someone we needed to sell 6-12 months after we signed him and take a slight loss of a million or so. 

Now he’ll be fucked for likely all of this season and we won’t be able to get anything for him…

Think Goldson had something similar against Liverpool, and was never really the same again either. 

7 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

Ross Wilson and then Beale have absolutely fucked us.

Park, Bennett and Robertson done the damage.

Don't blame Bisgrove as he was completely new to being a CEO and shouldn't have really been given the job in the first place. He had zero football knowledge and had no one around him with knowledge except Beale so basically had no option, all thanks to the cunt that is his boss.

Those 3 fucks have ruined us.

25 minutes ago, PromDeAnglais said:

Basically translates to that we're paying way too high for players nobody else wants or can afford. The players know they can't get that sort of money elsewhere so we're stuck with them.

Davies (27K), Dowell (16K), Matondo (28K), Hagi (21K), Cantwell (22K),Tav (30K) all contracted till summer 2026, Dessers (27K), Raskin (19K), summer 2027.

There's ~£20 million in wages on 8 players until their contracts expire.

Only Wright, Lawrence and Lowry expire end of this season, only Lawrence earns a significant wage out of them.

No UCL qualifiers for 2nd in Scotland from 2025 onwards.

We're seriously up shit creek.

If most of these lads sit tight, don’t play or perform when they do this is going to get seriously ugly, fast. 

55 minutes ago, PromDeAnglais said:

Basically translates to that we're paying way too high for players nobody else wants or can afford. The players know they can't get that sort of money elsewhere so we're stuck with them.

Davies (27K), Dowell (16K), Matondo (28K), Hagi (21K), Cantwell (22K),Tav (30K) all contracted till summer 2026, Dessers (27K), Raskin (19K), summer 2027.

There's ~£20 million in wages on 8 players until their contracts expire.

Only Wright, Lawrence and Lowry expire end of this season, only Lawrence earns a significant wage out of them.

No UCL qualifiers for 2nd in Scotland from 2025 onwards.

We're seriously up shit creek.

Fucking hell, that's depressing to read when laid out like that. 

Up shit creek without a paddle.